Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did the Seahawk offense play to score...

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Did the Seahawk offense play to score...
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:05 pm
  • just enough to win?
    Was that the game plan? Or, was it that tough to score against the Eagles defense?
    Looked more like a pre season tune up game to me...
    BChawkfan
    NET Veteran

• The offence looked totally disinterested tonight.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

• Fair to say we had our share of struggles vs their D. But our last 2 possessions were strictly attempts to milk clock. Meanwhile Philly made the (miracle) plays they needed to make it look respectable.
    Get ready for more of the same. Both Wash and Giants have been playing pretty good ball.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Drop TD, TD called back on a hold, not converting in the 1st quarter, playing with the lead and going against a pretty good Eagles defense. Combine all of those and everyone will forget rather quickly that we are a top 3 offense in the league.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• I think this might have been Shotti's worst game of the year tonight, and I include the Bills and Rams losses in that. The line was not run blocking yet he kept going back to it setting up long yardage downs. The fourth down play calls were awful....although Pete put that on him in the post game interview. Exactly how involved does he get on offensive play calls?

I guess he's not to blame for the holding penalty wiping out a TD and the DK drop but overall I thought outside of DK the offence was not good tonight.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• were you not paying attention to the commentators and/or watching the replays or even the game as it was playing? They repeatedly talked about the energy of the Eagles defense and pointed out key plays/effort by different members of the philly defense. The Eagles had a lot to play for. They could have gone back in the lead in the east with a win tonight. They also had some players back recently from injury.

I feel like as Pete has them go back to more balance that it will take some time for that offensive rhythm to come back to levels it was at before. They still made plenty of big plays. They have been without Carson for like 4-5 weeks and were trying to keep him and Hyde involved so that the Eagles defense couldn't stay completely keyed in on the wr's. The Eagle's d-line was no joke and even though Wilson was only sacked twice, they were pushing hard in the trenches and they were getting through lanes to get at Wilson/the running backs.

The Eagles played like a team trying to get in the driver's seat in their division. They just didn't really have the firepower to keep up. They seemed to have the fire, but the Seahawks were patient, took what they could get and aside from that early go for it on 4th down where they were going for the risk for the td, they trusted the defense and the defense came through overall. Under 300 yards total offense for the Eagles. Really good night for the D considering what they have been like most of the season.
    niveky
    NET Veteran

• Brandon Shell appreciate thread in 3, 2, 1...

Ifedi departs, enter Shell and quietly the Hawks offense dominates. Hawks lose Carson and Hyde, Russ struggles. Any coincidence that Shell is out and the offense struggles? Shell is "part" of the reason why the offense has turned around. Get well soon big fella, we need you for the stretch run.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• nwHawk wrote:Brandon Shell appreciate thread in 3, 2, 1...

Ifedi departs, enter Shell and quietly the Hawks offense dominates. Hawks lose Carson and Hyde, Russ struggles. Any coincidence that Shell is out and the offense struggles? Shell is "part" of the reason why the offense has turned around. Get well soon big fella, we need you for the stretch run.

Agreed. Shell has turned out to be an excellent OL. His run and pass blocking is second to none on this team. Really impressive. Lewis is another good one.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

• They essentially played not to lose.

I hate it when the Seahawks do that.

Conventional thought would be, they don’t want to bring out their “good” stuff, just keep it mediocre and win.

Against a “good” team is when they bring out their better stuff.

It’s kind of like, you are a cafeteria worker and you feed customers, cheap food, but when you eat, you eat only the good stuff.

This is how Pete Carroll operates.

That is why Seattle a lot of times play down to the level of their opponents and often do not blow bad teams out.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• TypeSly wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:Brandon Shell appreciate thread in 3, 2, 1...

Agreed. Shell has turned out to be an excellent OL. His run and pass blocking is second to none on this team. Really impressive. Lewis is another good one.

Its not just that it is their refusal to stick with what works, because PC hates thr quick passing game.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:They essentially played not to lose.

I hate it when the Seahawks do that.

Conventional thought would be, they don’t want to bring out their “good” stuff, just keep it mediocre and win.

Against a “good” team is when they bring out their better stuff.

It’s kind of like, you are a cafeteria worker and you feed customers, cheap food, but when you eat, you eat only the good stuff.

This is how Pete Carroll operates.

That is why Seattle a lot of times play down to the level of their opponents and often do not blow bad teams out.

I see the logic in being conservative tonight.. and thatsxinckusing going for it on 4th down twice in the 1st quarter.

It wasn't pretty, but outside the last two drives, designed to kill clock, it wasn't "awful"..

Was balanced, mostly effective.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• I think that because we now have Hyde & Carson back in the thick of things Pete might have instructed Schotty to rejuvenate our once dominant Run Game, and the Eagles had probably practiced hard to stop it, and that's why the entire Offense (minus Metcalf of course), looked a little lackluster.
    I think we need to bring the Run Game back alright, just not as hot & heavy as before; I'm thinking that they figured they had a three or four game stretch to shake out the cobwebs, they ..Hell, if I knew that they were going to run when they did (no disguise), What made them think that they were going to fool the obviously well prepared Eagles Defense.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• How many screen passes did we see tonight?
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• The Eagles have a seriously good defense, not indicative of what their record says at all.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

• HawkRiderFan wrote:I think this might have been Shotti's worst game of the year tonight, and I include the Bills and Rams losses in that. The line was not run blocking yet he kept going back to it setting up long yardage downs. The fourth down play calls were awful....although Pete put that on him in the post game interview. Exactly how involved does he get on offensive play calls?

I guess he's not to blame for the holding penalty wiping out a TD and the DK drop but overall I thought outside of DK the offence was not good tonight.

Unfortunately you can tell what you're gonna get from Seattle ( on Offense )early on. In the redzone on the first drive, the play calling was disjointed and/or the execution was lacking (DK missing the block on 4th/goal which would've been a TD). Combine that with that odd Glazed over look in Russell's eyes (looks like he's stoned out of his mind) and you have a $h!t offense for the entire game. From then on, it felt like the play calling was just either a beat too quick or a beat too slow. Carson on his bullying TD run and DK overall, outside of the TD drop, were the difference in the game. The defense played extremely well
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

• It's games like these where it behooves me to state the obvious. They were a prideful bunch that had a lot to play for. Give them credit. They are professional athletes too. A wounded animal tends to be very dangerous. That's how I looked at them tonight. While they were no match for us talent for talent, they certainly were capable of giving us fits. Hence the 23-17 final score instead of the blowout score we all hoped for.

Imagine had they upset us tonight? It could have happened.

I am grateful for this victory as much as any so far this season.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Jazzhawk wrote:The Eagles have a seriously good defense, not indicative of what their record says at all.

Agreed. If their offense didn't turn the ball over as much as they do and leave them in crappy spots, their record would be much better. Wilson took some hits but overall, I think the O-Line did a good job against that front four.
    Hawks 'n Nucks
    NET Bench Warmer

• Hawks 'n Nucks wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:The Eagles have a seriously good defense, not indicative of what their record says at all.

Agreed. If their offense didn't turn the ball over as much as they do and leave them in crappy spots, their record would be much better. Wilson took some hits but overall, I think the O-Line did a good job against that front four.

Agreed.

Go Nucks, BTW! Glad to see another Vancouver fan here
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• The score was near identical to when we played Philly last year in the regular season, and then when we played Philly in the playoffs. And keep in mind that the playoff win was "secured" only after Clowney took out their QB, a 40-yo McCown jogged in there, got hit and finished the game on a broken hamstring.

They're in our heads somewhat that way. Just as the Rams were and still are. Just as SF has. usually been in the Rams' heads.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Are they in the heads or do they present enough pressure in the middle to offset most of the up the middle game plan? Philly played well tonight, but the game plan was to win, not to dominate.

I'm happy to see Hyde andcarson survive without injuries.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
    NOLAHawk
    NET Starter

• Welshers wrote:
    Hawks 'n Nucks wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:The Eagles have a seriously good defense, not indicative of what their record says at all.

Agreed.

Go Nucks, BTW! Glad to see another Vancouver fan here

Likewise - Go Canucks Go and of course, Go Hawks!
    Hawks 'n Nucks
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information