Rest starters and take the 5 seed

stang233

Reaction score
Hopefully this team sticks it to the NFL. The new playoff structure is BS and it is only diluted the competition. The number one seed already won at 60% of the time now I'm sure they are going to win it more often with only thing getting a bye. I really hope the Seahawks rest their starters week 17 play for the number five seed make a run for the playoffs. This way you're artificially getting a bye and the easiest route to the playoffs

John63

Reaction score
stang233":1xg50c3g said:
Hopefully this team sticks it to the NFL. The new playoff structure is BS and it is only diluted the competition. The number one seed already won at 60% of the time now I'm sure they are going to win it more often with only thing getting a bye. I really hope the Seahawks rest their starters week 17 play for the number five seed make a run for the playoffs. This way you're artificially getting a bye and the easiest route to the playoffs

Yeah not a good idea. Yoy totally rest the starts and you will loose. Thats us a mind set and not a good. Now win both rest starters in 4th qtr yeah.

themunn

Reaction score
OR...

We could win next week, guarantee at the very least the 3 seed, then rest our starters against SF if Green Bay and Saints both win out, because then we can't win 2nd or 3rd seed, but we get to play at home at least once, and if the Rams (likely 5 seed) bump off the 2nd seed, we would get at minimum a 2nd home game too.

rcaido

Reaction score
We got momentum right now, no need to rest...Maybe less reps for Carson and give Penny more carries.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
12-4. That was my prediction going into this season and that's the record I want them to finish with.

Rat

Reaction score
I can sort of see it; there’s really not a great difference between the 2-7 seeds this year, and SB champions have overwhelmingly been teams that had a first-round bye, but there’s pride in winning your division. Keep doing what we’re doing and hope for the best in regards to health.

Mizak

Reaction score
Home field doesn’t matter. No crowd, remember? Seahawks do have staff, practice squad players, and bench players to be cheerleaders.

sutz

Reaction score
Mizak":2j460m0c said:
Home field doesn’t matter. No crowd, remember? Seahawks do have staff, practice squad players, and bench players to be cheerleaders.
Home field does matter because of the travel day. Home team uses it for practice. :34853_doh:

Who should we rest? Half of our starters took half the season off already. :laugh:

Well, I'm kidding a bit there, but hell almost everybody that matters had games off during the season rehabbing various owies. Do they really need another rest day, or do they need the continued conditioning and work on team timing and chemistry more?

I have a better idea. Take a 30 point lead into the 4th quarter, and then rest some guys. :D

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What is the advantage of the 5 seed?

To some extent, playing away from our stadium could be a benefit if we get better weather. No way do I want GB or Washington DC, but I haven't seen a breakdown of probable playoff matches yet.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete: "Listen guys, congrats on a great team win today, and with the Rams loss we have a great chance to lock up the West next week by beating a team that's had our number for three years now, which means we can rest some of you in SF to get ready for the playoffs.

But we're not gonna do that, we're gonna rest all of you now, lose on purpose against the Rams because I don't trust you to beat them again in the playoffs, so I wanna lose on purpose so we can get the #5 seed!!! WHO'S WITH ME!!!"

Giphy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
stang233":2gd6qq77 said:

Oh well, maybe next year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Rams beat us 3 times in 2004, capping it off with a wild card win in Seattle.

I would love to avenge that and beat them again

olyfan63

Reaction score
Go Rams, win next week, and then go into GB and knock them out.