NFL Films on Shaun Alexander

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tonight on NFL Network NFL Films ran a 30 minute show which in part highlighted the story of Shaun Alexander. Yes, I recall all too well the recent thread concerning Shaun and the dichotomy in regards to 12's and how they feel about him.

The segment was 9 minutes long and covered his time with us, a bit of his college career, and what he's up to these days. A few takeaways:

1) He clearly has the fountain of youth in his back yard. Dude looks exactly like he looked in 2005. Exactly. Maybe a few extra pounds, but his face is 2005. What the hell? If Lynch played for us late last season, I'm thinking Shaun could have too!

2) 112 career TDs. 112!

3) 28 TDs in his 2005 MVP year. 28!! Who does that?

4) He thought the Giants should have taken him and it helped fuel his fire.

5) Watching the footage they were showing, you forget how masterful he was at finding the endzone. Even when we talk about it, watching the old footage really reminds you how special this dude was.

6) Regardless of what you think about Shaun, he is a good dude. Always quick to smile, pretty sure he has never had so much as a parking ticket. He will forever be a Seahawk and I just hope this bizarre banter between 12's about who he was for us (soft versus super star) can die out.

Reaction score
Well Said. Go ahead, call him soft. He's an all-time seahawk great and deserves every bit of it.

PNW

Reaction score
It was great to see NFL films do a piece on Shaun Alexander. Those same people calling him soft would get killed in the NFL and Shaun would still to this day absolutely still truck them into next week. His stats and career accolades are well deserved and imo I can’t wait to watch him get a gold jacket one day.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
How many more TD's would he have had if he didn't sit his first year because we had Watters?

stang233

Reaction score
Lynch, Carson some or the most fun RBs to watch of all time. I sure miss the himerun threat of SA.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
One of my all time favorite Seahawks. I’m gonna have to watch that.

Reaction score
Aros":1xjikvta said:
Tonight on NFL Network NFL Films ran a 30 minute show which in part highlighted the story of Shaun Alexander. Yes, I recall all too well the recent thread concerning Shaun and the dichotomy in regards to 12's and how they feel about him.

The segment was 9 minutes long and covered his time with us, a bit of his college career, and what he's up to these days. A few takeaways:

1) He clearly has the fountain of youth in his back yard. Dude looks exactly like he looked in 2005. Exactly. Maybe a few extra pounds, but his face is 2005. What the hell? If Lynch played for us late last season, I'm thinking Shaun could have too!

2) 112 career TDs. 112!

3) 28 TDs in his 2005 MVP year. 28!! Who does that?

4) He thought the Giants should have taken him and it helped fuel his fire.

5) Watching the footage they were showing, you forget how masterful he was at finding the endzone. Even when we talk about it, watching the old footage really reminds you how special this dude was.

6) Regardless of what you think about Shaun, he is a good dude. Always quick to smile, pretty sure he has never had so much as a parking ticket. He will forever be a Seahawk and I just hope this bizarre banter between 12's about who he was for us (soft versus super star) can die out.

Hey Todd......long time, buddy. :greetingsearthling:
You say the Alexander segment was 9 of 30 minutes.
Do you have a title on this 30 minute show or what else was included so that we can find a "re-PETE" as to when it's aired again !!?? :snack:

Thanks sir
Happy Holidays to You & Yours
~ Eric

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Nice video, thanks for posting!

Didn't know/remember that he has TEN kids!

Loved the Holmgren cameo ;)

chet380

Reaction score
If you had to, HAD TO, pick on Super Bowl Day -- Shaun or Marshawn?

Me -- Shaun -- Barry Sanders-type moves + major threat in the Red Zone.

John63

Reaction score
Great video segment. I was never a big Alexander fan, but to be honest this makes me feel a little better about him!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
chet380":27rbexfu said:

If we have a crap Oline - Lynch. If we have a decent line, Alexander. Just from re-watching the video here I think the OP had the right call; Alexander just had a nose for the end zone.

chris98251

Reaction score
chet380":7arwx3g5 said:

There was nothing Barry like about Shaun.

[youtube]vKjfoQVssBo[/youtube]

This is who he was more like.

[youtube]Tul4dgL4Yt8[/youtube]

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
KitsapGuy":jds8c3n9 said:
[youtube]gU7Q17KmdwQ[/youtube]

Those who think he was too soft really should watch this video again, and pay special attention to the clip that starts at about the 1:38 mark. He absolutely trucks player #71 to get into the end zone. You may have heard of player #71 a time or two before.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I stated earlier on another SA thread that he had one hell
of a stiff arm and you see tacklers fall off him ect far from
a soft player some say he was.He made it look easy when
healthy.

Latest posts