Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks have longest streak of winning seasons?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Now that NE has finally posted a losing season we have the longest streak at 9 seasons in a row?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Steelers? Dont really know off the top of my head, but just guessing.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Steelers were 8-8 in 2012, 2013, & 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Rookie

• Yes.

KC 8 seasons.
    TEN 5 seasons.
    Others at 4 or less.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

• ....and I can see no signs of that stopping in 2021.
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Fire everybody!!
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Assuming this is the longest active streak? :snack:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Fire Bevell!!!

Wait, late to the party?
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Sustained success in a league of parity is absurdly hard to achieve, and I think that is largely lost on the crowd here.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Even so, if we lose in the wild card or divisional rounds you know people will be calling for Pete and co's head. Longest winning record streak in the league and people will still want them fired.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:Sustained success in a league of parity is absurdly hard to achieve, and I think that is largely lost on the crowd here.

^^^^Excellent point.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:Sustained success in a league of parity is absurdly hard to achieve, and I think that is largely lost on the crowd here.

Amen. I started closely following this team in 1983 and it’s obvious to me who the young spoiled guys are. We have been blessed for a long time now. Starting with Mike Holmgren and Matt Hasselbeck. Paul Allen RIP, he had a vision and changed the direction and culture of Seahawk football.

I love that fans of other teams see us on the schedule every single year and mark their calendar and that the young fans in their 20s and lower are growing up in a world where the Seattle Seahawks are a big deal and respected franchise.
    HellaciousSloth
    NET Bench Warmer

• DomeHawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Sustained success in a league of parity is absurdly hard to achieve, and I think that is largely lost on the crowd here.

^^^^Excellent point.

Nah, the 1 thing I've learned by reading this board the last few years is that winning in the NFL is super easy.

Like, I'm talking 1 of the easiest things ever.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

• One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be long gone rooting for another team.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be back to rooting for the Oakland Raiders.

FIFY???
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be long gone rooting for another team.

Now, now, you can't question peoples fandom here.

Advocating for the firing of PC & JS & not caring if the moves work out because they are just ready for the change & want to see if they are right is not insane but is very reasonable on so many levels. I learned this just recently.

You're the 1 being selfish for wanting to keep them & finishing 11-5 or 12-4 & making the playoffs & being a contender almost every year instead of taking a chance & finishing 4-12 & missing the playoffs for the next decade. Can't you just think of other fans for once.

Winning is ridiculously easy in the NFL & the only reason we're not 16-0 every year & winning SB's is incompetence of the coaching staff & FO.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be back to rooting for the Oakland Raiders.

FIFY???

If they're rooting for the Oakland Raiders, then that would explain a lot lmao
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Hockey Guy wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be long gone rooting for another team.

Advocating for the firing of PC & JS & not caring if the moves work out because they are just ready for the change & want to see if they are right is not insane but is very reasonable on so many levels. I learned this just recently.

You're the 1 being selfish for wanting to keep them & finishing 11-5 or 12-4 & making the playoffs & being a contender almost every year instead of taking a chance & finishing 4-12 & missing the playoffs for the next decade. Can't you just think of other fans for once.

Winning is ridiculously easy in the NFL & the only reason we're not 16-0 every year & winning SB's is incompetence of the coaching staff & FO.

Right?
    And I would never campaign for myself to be a better fan than anybody on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter.
    But the constant disapproval against PC/JS while the team is winning is just mind boggling.

If the team was below .500, or had a couple losing seasons back to back, then yes there needs to be change.

But the team is 11-4, just won the division title, and people want them gone. It seriously makes no sense to me.
    But i grew up watching the team suck, so what do I know?
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I remember the 90s.

This time is the best time.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Hockey Guy wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be long gone rooting for another team.

When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins solely on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?

Is that why GB with Rodgers have had a 7-9 and a 6-9-1 season in the past four years? Or why they haven't reached a Super Bowl since 2010? Or only had winning seasons in 5 of the past 8 years, compared to Seahawks 9/9?

Are you one of the many on here who believe that Rodgers is better than Wilson? What makes Wilson win so much more than Rodgers if not for PC?
    renofox
    NET Veteran

• renofox wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?

Is that why GB with Rodgers have had a 7-9 and a 6-9-1 season in the past four years? Or why they haven't reached a Super Bowl since 2010? Or only had winning seasons in 5 of the past 8 years, compared to Seahawks 9/9?

Are you one of the many on here who believe that Rodgers is better than Wilson? What makes Wilson win so much more than Rodgers if not for PC?

Rodgers is a prima donna who pretty much threw hissy fits and tantrums because he hated his head coach. A change of scenery with a different head coach and all of a sudden Rodgers is playing lights out again and the Packers are the best team in the NFC. Think thats all on coaching or Rodgers getting into his right mindset once again?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:

When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins solely on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?

Because it doesnt matter what any of us say. The fans don't have a say on team personnel.
    Moving on from Carroll doesn't guarantee that this team will magically win another Superbowl. The opposite may happen. It's a scary unknown.

With Carroll, at least he's proven he can get this team go the Superbowl and gets the team to the playoffs consistently.

And the Wilson is a 9 win QB argument is again just opinion. This is a team sport. Wilson needs a team and around him to win. He's a great player, but hes not the team.
    Last edited by Jerhawk on Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:

Please, tell us more about these guaranteed wins in the NFL. It's all becoming clearer, RW is responsible for the 11 or 12 wins a year while PC is responsible for the 4 or 5 losses.

Fascinating stuff. Riveting actually.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    renofox wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?

Rodgers is a prima donna who pretty much threw hissy fits and tantrums because he hated his head coach. A change of scenery with a different head coach and all of a sudden Rodgers is playing lights out again and the Packers are the best team in the NFC. Think thats all on coaching or Rodgers getting into his right mindset once again?

Oh my, the goalposts are moving.

Imagine that.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins on Carroll instead for some reason.

Translation: Coaches don't matter, it's all on the QB.

pittpnthrs wrote:Rodgers is a prima donna who pretty much threw hissy fits and tantrums because he hated his head coach. A change of scenery with a different head coach and all of a sudden Rodgers is playing lights out again and the Packers are the best team in the NFC. Think thats all on coaching or Rodgers getting into his right mindset once again?

Translation: Coaches matter, it's part of the equation.

Cognitive Dissonance much?
    Last edited by renofox on Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

• renofox wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins on Carroll instead for some reason.

Translation: Coaches don't matter, it's all on the QB.

Hockey Guy wrote:Rodgers is a prima donna who pretty much threw hissy fits and tantrums because he hated his head coach. A change of scenery with a different head coach and all of a sudden Rodgers is playing lights out again and the Packers are the best team in the NFC. Think thats all on coaching or Rodgers getting into his right mindset once again?

Translation: Coaches matter, it's part of the equation.

Cognitive Dissonance much?

Hockey Guy didn't write these posts! Fake news!

Hockey Guy deserves respect
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    renofox wrote:

You said top 5 QB.

Not: "top 5 QB unless I am proven wrong then I will come up with a bunch of unrelated qualifiers"

And, even if your point is true, so what? This isnt a praise Pete Carroll thread. Its an I appreciate the Seahawks winning ways thread.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Hockey Guy didn't write these posts! Fake news!

Oooops. Fixed.

Sorry, Hockey Guy!
    renofox
    NET Veteran

• renofox wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:Hockey Guy didn't write these posts! Fake news!

Oooops. Fixed.

Sorry, Hockey Guy!

JesusChristOurSavior wrote:You are forgiven my son. :les:

Don't fret it, everybody knows I didn't post that stupid $h!t. :stirthepot:
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

• Hockey Guy wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Sustained success in a league of parity is absurdly hard to achieve, and I think that is largely lost on the crowd here.

^^^^Excellent point.

Nah, the 1 thing I've learned by reading this board the last few years is that winning in the NFL is super easy.

Like, I'm talking 1 of the easiest things ever.

All you have to do is fire all coaches and players who have ever made a mistake. Doesn't get much easier than that.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Hockey Guy wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:

Please, tell us more about these guaranteed wins in the NFL. It's all becoming clearer, RW is responsible for the 11 or 12 wins a year while PC is responsible for the 4 or 5 losses.

Here, let me make it easier on you in hopes you understand. Lets take the top 8 teams in the NFL right now. What do they all have in common? I'll even give you the answer so you dont waste time wondering.

NFC
    Packers (Rodgers)
    Saints (Brees)
    Tampa (Brady)
    Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
    Chiefs (Mahomes)
    Bills (Allen)
    Steelers (Roethlisberger)
    Titans (Tannehill)

Hint---- They all have great QBs

Its not hard

Belichick is the best coach in the league and even he couldnt overcome the absence of a great QB.
    Last edited by pittpnthrs on Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• The good old days used to be that time we lost in the AFCCG. We were basically the Mariners.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:

Here, let me make it easier on you in hopes you understand. Lets take the top 8 teams in the NFL right now. What do they all have in common? I'll even give you the answer so you dont waste time wondering.

NFC
    Packers (Rodgers)
    Saints (Brees)
    Tampa (Brady)
    Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
    Chiefs (Mahomes)
    Bills (Allen)
    Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

Belichick is the best coach in the league and even he couldnt overcome the absence of a great QB.

So our takeaway is supposed to be that having a good QB makes it easier to win games??
    :lol:
    Any other groundbreaking news for us???
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

NFC
    Packers (Rodgers)
    Saints (Brees)
    Tampa (Brady)
    Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
    Chiefs (Mahomes)
    Bills (Allen)
    Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

So our takeaway is supposed to be that having a good QB makes it easier to win games??

Just two:

The sky is blue and the sea is salty. :)
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• Hawkpower wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

NFC
    Packers (Rodgers)
    Saints (Brees)
    Tampa (Brady)
    Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
    Chiefs (Mahomes)
    Bills (Allen)
    Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

I agree, it should be simple to grasp. Its not Pete Carroll, its Russell Wilson that makes the difference. Again, 9 to 10 wins are all but guaranteed no matter who the coach is as long as Wilson is the QB.

Glad we got that cleared up.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:

NFC
    Packers (Rodgers)
    Saints (Brees)
    Tampa (Brady)
    Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
    Chiefs (Mahomes)
    Bills (Allen)
    Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

I agree, it should be simple to grasp. Its not Pete Carroll, its Russell Wilson that makes the difference. Again, 9 to 10 wins are all but guaranteed no matter who the coach is as long as Wilson is the QB.

No man. It's not that simple.

The Seahawks have this longest winning streak because of the team, it's not just Wilson.

We had the top defense for like 3 or 4 straight seasons during this winning streak. Carroll deserves credit for that.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:

NFC
    Packers (Rodgers)
    Saints (Brees)
    Tampa (Brady)
    Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
    Chiefs (Mahomes)
    Bills (Allen)
    Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

Belichick is the best coach in the league and even he couldn't overcome the absence of a great QB.

Umm ok, now the rest of the Story.

NFC
    Packers (Rodgers) System QB, prim donna, disruptive, selfish, divisive. Without a Running game can't do crap.
    Saints (Brees) Past his prime, product of Payton's offense.
    Tampa (Brady) Product of Belichick
    Seattle (Wilson) Too Short, career back up if lucky

AFC
    Chiefs (Mahomes) System QB, what has he done without Reid.
    Bills (Allen) One trick pony, doesn't have Touch.
    Steelers (Roethlisberger) A blight on the league, big goon that happens to have a cannon but no touch, bailed out by Running Game.
    Titans (Tannehill) Already Busted in Miami, won't last, Titans are still looking to replace him.

See what we can do with opinions and situations.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Jerhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

NFC
    Packers (Rodgers)
    Saints (Brees)
    Tampa (Brady)
    Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
    Chiefs (Mahomes)
    Bills (Allen)
    Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

The Seahawks have this longest winning streak because of the team, it's not just Wilson.

We had the top defense for like 3 or 4 straight seasons during this winning streak. Carroll deserves credit for that.

We had one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL up until 4 games ago and last seasons defense wasnt great either but yet the team is sitting where it usually does. Wilson deserves credit for that.

Replace Wilson and see how far that team will get you.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

We had one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL up until 4 games ago and last seasons defense wasnt great either but yet the team is sitting where it usually does. Wilson deserves credit for that.

I'm not wanting the team to replace Wilson.

I'm trying to say that Wilson and Carroll go together like peanut butter and jelly. It is a team effort.

Wilson is a great QB, but he needs a successful running game to be effective and he needs a reliable defense.
    The first five weeks of this season, yes, I agree with you that was Wilson putting the team on his back. But after that, we've seen that he needs help, and that's fine. Carroll has steered the ship back on course and helped Wilson so he wasn't carrying so much of the load.

Wilson needs Carroll, and Carroll needs Wilson
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

Well that depends on what kind of defense and skill position guys we have in his wake.

QB is very important. Talent at other positions is too. Coaching also needs to be excellent.

Luckily we have a great QB and a great coach.

Hence, the run of winning seasons.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:We had one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL up until 4 games ago and last seasons defense wasnt great either but yet the team is sitting where it usually does. Wilson deserves credit for that.

How many times has this team sat at 11-4 going into the final, winnable game of the season?

Wilson deserves a lot of credit! Nobody disagrees. PC/JS deserve credit for putting a great team, including strong defense, on the field. That they didn't play well at the beginning of a strange season seems to have been rect** by both players and coaches.

Your oversimplification of the QB/Coach/Team dynamic is concerning, but explains much about your perspective.

Edit: Why the ** in that word? Strange sort of filter...
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information