Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I LOVE niner tears

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
I LOVE niner tears
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:40 pm
  • Such a garbage fan base, such a garbage forum. I love reading their excuses and implosion rhetoric. I dont think there is a more dumpster fan base than what the 9ers have. They are just consistently wrong. About our cap management, russ, DK, etc. Flock of dummies would be a good name for that forum.

9er tears go well with a good northwest IPA.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Re: I LOVE niner tears
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:42 pm
  • They are already talking superbowl next year. Really? How about 7-9 first.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:44 pm
  • Ha ha what a bunch of whiners

Kick em while they're down!!
    Last edited by Jerhawk on Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:45 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:They are already talking superbowl next year. Really? How about 7-9 first.

How about some respect for giving everything they had with going through 80 players on the 53 man and over 40 injured this season.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:49 pm
  • Nothing good ever comes from CA.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:50 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:They are already talking superbowl next year. Really? How about 7-9 first.

How about some respect for giving everything they had with going through 80 players on the 53 man and over 40 injured this season.
    Everyone had the same risks. Zero tears or empathy for the niners team here. Not the first and certainly not the last.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:01 pm
  • You beat our practice squad. Congrats? :2thumbs:
    94Smith
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:02 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:You beat our practice squad. Congrats? :2thumbs:
    Thanks! As they say better luck next year and enjoy the offseason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Really?
    Yoir practice team?
    We played virtually 1 quarter today.
    BChawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:09 pm
  • Nobody more full of excuses than that garbage fanbase, no matter the year.

Perennial losers.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:17 pm
  • I respect the team and what they did w/ their players they had but the fan base can suck eggs.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:19 pm
  • To be fair, their back ups did put up good fight. The team is still stacked when healthy and they have good coaching.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:25 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:To be fair, their back ups did put up good fight. The team is still stacked when healthy and they have good coaching.

If it wasnt for injuries, they are probably the best team in the division.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:28 pm

Barely.. Some people should think before they post.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:35 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:To be fair, their back ups did put up good fight. The team is still stacked when healthy and they have good coaching.

WERE stacked when healthy. A lot is going to change next year. This team needs to have a successful draft because they are going to lose a lot of talent and some really good coaches. That’s why this season has been a complete disaster , but it was over in week 3 when bosa went down.
    94Smith
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:39 pm
  • They have nothing to hang their heads about.

If anything they showed they are going to own this division if they are healthy.

That team played to the edge until the end, and many of their better players were out.

They have a hell of a coaching staff. Probably the toughest team in the NFC as well.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:42 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:They are already talking superbowl next year. Really? How about 7-9 first.

I think they did pretty damn good with what they had..Played us tough with backups ect
    I just can't or don't feel like I need to beat their fans more?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:56 pm
  • This team has a killer GM in Lynch and they are very well coached... nothing but respect from me... as far as the fan base... not so much...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:00 pm
  • They almost beat us with their backups so why are people gloating?

A poor winner is even worse than a sore loser. We could set a classier example ourselves...
    BleuEyedHawk
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• As Hawks fans are we hoping that Saleh leaves? Or is it more the talent than him? Prior to this year I would have leaned towards it not being him since he was there prior to 2019 and the D wasn't great, but after how they played on that side of the all this year with the injuries, he deserves a lot of credit and probably is a loss for them.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• Other than a select few classy 9ers fans, as a whole, yes their fanbase is terrible, probably Top 5 terrible. But I have nothing but respect for their players, their coaches and how they have turned their team around. They play very hard, are coached very well and imagine the force they will be and are when fully healthy. A formidable opponent to be sure.

But their fanbase in general? Garbage.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:06 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:They are already talking superbowl next year. Really? How about 7-9 first.

Um, if they don't have abnormal injury levels next year, their defense COULD potentially take them to the Super Bowl next year. Do you realize just how many injuries, and to whom, they've had this year? It's crazy.

Their injury-riddled defense gave us all we could handle and more for over three quarters today. We'd probably have lost both 49ers games this season if their defense had been healthy. They didn't finish 6-10 because they suck.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:16 pm
  • I'm with the OP here. The 49ers tanked their way to a bunch of lottery picks on the defensive line and the fanbase thought that made them too cool for school. And while they have had a ton of injuries to key starters, the NFL is all about getting value from your depth and they have struggled there. I simply don't see the same depth value on their roster that I do on ours, and I think it will be a challenging off-season for them with some tough personnel decisions and potential coaching replacements.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:I'm with the OP here. The 49ers tanked their way to a bunch of lottery picks on the defensive line and the fanbase thought that made them too cool for school. And while they have had a ton of injuries to key starters, the NFL is all about getting value from your depth and they have struggled there. I simply don't see the same depth value on their roster that I do on ours, and I think it will be a challenging off-season for them with some tough personnel decisions and potential coaching replacements.

There is no team in the NFL with enough depth to compensate for the level of injuries to starters the 49ers have had this year. Come on.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:30 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:

Um, if they don't have abnormal injury levels next year, their defense COULD potentially take them to the Super Bowl next year. Do you realize just how many injuries, and to whom, they've had this year? It's crazy.

Their injury-riddled defense gave us all we could handle and more for over three quarters today. We'd probably have lost both 49ers games this season if their defense had been healthy. They didn't finish 6-10 because they suck.

Agreed with the exception is that they don’t have a QB. The book is out on how to beat Jimmy Glass.
    Good QB’s don’t grow on trees and they don’t have one.

The salary cap and the plucking away of coaches is already starting to effect their future rosters.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:33 pm
  • Not sure why so many in this thread are saying they are well coached. Four years, one playoff appearance, and a .460 winning percentage would say otherwise. Maybe everybody is buying into the Saleh hype since they show him on the sidelines every five minutes?
    SubHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:34 pm
  • It’s not hard to hate the 9ers but riding on the backs of top 15 picks after years of mediocrity only to fail to deliver #6 to their fan base after building superior rosters and then falling off or apart afterwards. Kind of makes you feel sorry for franchise...

Love me some Fred Warner though.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:16 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:It’s not hard to hate the 9ers but riding on the backs of top 15 picks after years of mediocrity only to fail to deliver #6 to their fan base after building superior rosters and then falling off or apart afterwards. Kind of makes you feel sorry for franchise...

Love me some Fred Warner though.

Warner is a stud, no doubt about it. Guy could play on my team any day of the week.
    Kittle is ok too, but he is no Dissly. :sarcasm_off: That’s a shot at some webzone troglodytes.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:22 pm
  • I don't know anything about their fanbase, except that they hate the Seahawks quite a bit, but I guess that comes with the territory. As for their team, I have respect for how well they placed, considering the significant amount of injuries they had this season.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:14 am
  • S.F. can have Grappalo, Stafford Probably, Wentz, Trubisky Taylor, Dalton, Newton, Rosen, Brisset, Rivers if they want to go after them. With a QB that has protection there that is more dependable then what they have had they could have been very dangerous this year, they won't make that mistake next year I am sure.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:19 am
  • 94Smith wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:To be fair, their back ups did put up good fight. The team is still stacked when healthy and they have good coaching.

WERE stacked when healthy. A lot is going to change next year. This team needs to have a successful draft because they are going to lose a lot of talent and some really good coaches. That’s why this season has been a complete disaster , but it was over in week 3 when bosa went down.

Your season was over with one player going down? Yet you are stacked?

Hrm..... what an assessment
    balakoth
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:10 am
  • balakoth wrote:
    94Smith wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:To be fair, their back ups did put up good fight. The team is still stacked when healthy and they have good coaching.

I think he means that was the straw that broke the camel's back, they had a number of significant starter injuries prior to Bosa. You should do a little research on how ridiculously injured the 49ers were in 2020. If all their starters are healthy for 2021, they are stacked.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:39 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    balakoth wrote:
    94Smith wrote:

I think he means that was the straw that broke the camel's back, they had a number of significant starter injuries prior to Bosa. You should do a little research on how ridiculously injured the 49ers were in 2020. If all their starters are healthy for 2021, they are stacked.

They can't pay all of those starters again in 2021.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:32 am

Wilson is like 15-4 vs. Niners if you want a better sample size, 6-2 in the ShanaNiner era. Sure.. the practice squad showed heart.. :irishdrinkers:
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:35 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    94Smith wrote:You beat our practice squad. Congrats? :2thumbs:

Wilson is like 15-4 vs. Niners if you want a better sample size, 6-2 in the ShanaNiner era. Sure.. the practice squad showed heart.. :irishdrinkers:

Can we get the Replacement Refs for the NFCCG against the Packers again??? :stirthepot: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:34 am
  • LOL.

So funny to see a poster claim they "love Niner Tears" and refer to an entire fanbase as "garbage" and somehow claim the high ground. LOL. Stay classy OP. :) Really doesn't matter what others say. You've proven that toxicity can exist in ANY fanbase.

I'm glad to see some sense here from some of the posters I most respect (I see you Roland and a few others).

Gratz on the NFC West. Well deserved. Yes, Niners were just absolutely crushed by injuries this year, but that's a part of the game and it happens. That takes nothing away from your victory or NFC West title. I think NOBODY is happier that the Niners had so many issues this year than the Green Bay Packers. When his roster is somewhat healthy, Shanahan just OWNS that team. LOL.

As for what the future holds, we'll see. I for one got exactly what I wanted yesterday. A hard fought game, a Niner team that didn't give up, yet ultimately a loss that gives them the 12th pick rather than the 15th or 16th pick. I'm not about the tanking like the Eagles did last night, but I'm not exactly crying that they lost a pointless game and improved draft position. No tears whatsoever on that one.

Niners will get ALOT of guys back next year that will make a BIG difference, but they also face quite a few challenges. Trent Williams, Richard Sherman, Jason Verrett, K'wuan Williams, Kyle Juszczyk and several others are free agents and they don't have much cap space. It'll be an interesting off-season. It will be interesting to see how many vets are out there as the entire league will be under a cap crunch.

They'll also likely lost Robert Saleh to a HC job and perhaps a few assistants. That hurts. Good news on that front is they'll likely be awarded a few 3rd round picks for losing him as a part of the NFLs new Rooney Rules. If I had to guess their new DC will be DeMeco Ryans.

Anyway, I'm really not concerned about the future. I'm more excited about it. Nick Bosa, Fred Warner, Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Dre Greenlaw all under 25.

That's really for future conversations though. You guys are still in it. Good luck. Niners will see you next year. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:47 am
  • SubHawk wrote:Not sure why so many in this thread are saying they are well coached. Four years, one playoff appearance, and a .460 winning percentage would say otherwise. Maybe everybody is buying into the Saleh hype since they show him on the sidelines every five minutes?

um....

...they lost Nick Bosa for the year, DeForest Buckner in the offseason, Richard Sherman for most of the year, Jaquiski Tartt for most of it, had Williams, Moseley and Witherspoon in and out of the lineup, traded away Kwon Alexander and pretty much lost every single edge rusher they could sign to injury and STILL ended the season with the leagues 4th ranked D with one of the NFLs hardest schedules (gotta love the NFC West. Sigh).

Yeah...I'd say that was good coaching by Saleh.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:52 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SubHawk wrote:Not sure why so many in this thread are saying they are well coached. Four years, one playoff appearance, and a .460 winning percentage would say otherwise. Maybe everybody is buying into the Saleh hype since they show him on the sidelines every five minutes?

um....

...they lost Nick Bosa for the year, DeForest Buckner in the offseason, Richard Sherman for most of the year, Jaquiski Tartt for most of it, had Williams, Moseley and Witherspoon in and out of the lineup, traded away Kwon Alexander and pretty much lost every single edge rusher they could sign to injury and STILL ended the season with the leagues 4th ranked D with one of the NFLs hardest schedules (gotta love the NFC West. Sigh).

Sounds more like great coaching and great GM.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:55 am
  • They absolutely ARE a very well coached team. That hasn't changed. Hawks just happen to kind of own them.
    But, hate them or not, they are a damn well coached team.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:03 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SubHawk wrote:Not sure why so many in this thread are saying they are well coached. Four years, one playoff appearance, and a .460 winning percentage would say otherwise. Maybe everybody is buying into the Saleh hype since they show him on the sidelines every five minutes?

um....

Sounds more like great coaching and great GM.

...I think that's what my point was? :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:06 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:They absolutely ARE a very well coached team. That hasn't changed. Hawks just happen to kind of own them.

Its all about Wilson. Their Achilles heel is mobile QBs. They had the same issue with Kyler (and yes, Wilson is FAR better than Kyler). Its not about him running so much as being able to escape and throw on the run.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:08 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:They absolutely ARE a very well coached team. That hasn't changed. Hawks just happen to kind of own them.

shanny has losing records in 3 out of 4 seasons
    I dont know how well coached they actually are
    misfit
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:20 am
  • misfit wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:They absolutely ARE a very well coached team. That hasn't changed. Hawks just happen to kind of own them.

Very.

First two years were largely rebuild. Year two hampered quite a bit by Garoppolo injury, but that got them Nick Bosa.

This year was just insanity of injuries from start to finish. Despite that, they were still competitive.

Don't fool yourself...if Shanahan were let go, he'd be the #1 target on the market for teams with a coaching vacancy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:27 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    misfit wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:They absolutely ARE a very well coached team. That hasn't changed. Hawks just happen to kind of own them.

Very.

First two years were largely rebuild. Year two hampered quite a bit by Garoppolo injury, but that got them Nick Bosa.

This year was just insanity of injuries from start to finish. Despite that, they were still competitive.

Don't fool yourself...if Shanahan were let go, he'd be the #1 target on the market for teams with a coaching vacancy.

Agreed. Marvin and Smith94 are both on point with accurate takes, IMO, in this thread.

Niners played their asses off and we needed several timely miracle rabbit plays that Russell pulled out of his assk what magic hat he's using today. Niners D stuffed us in the 3rd quarter (bad playcalling/scheme and Russell playing hero ball a factor, but credit to opponent is due) and it wasn't looking good. It was no gimme and could easily have been an L against a decimated opponent.

For sure Shanahan would be the #1 target if he was inexplicably let go. Saleh will get a HC job, so next year we'll see how big an difference Saleh was. I expect Niners to be our top division rival next year, really all 3 teams will be tough.

Niners and Rams both have QB overpayment salary cap issues, will be interesting to see what both teams do. That said, both Niners and Rams "suspect" QBs have taken their teams to the Super Bowl the last few years. JimmyG is probably a better overall QB than Goff, but he's not been able to stay on the field.

Nothin' but respect for Niners and all our division opponents. All of them force the Hawks to be stronger to compete. With a bit of luck, facing such tough division opponents has prepared us well for the playoffs, and perhaps it's our turn to get NFCW representation into the SB this year.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:38 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:I'm glad to see some sense here from some of the posters I most respect (I see you Roland and a few others).

Sup playa; don't be a stranger. :)

I'll be very curious to see who you can't afford to keep. With the reduced salary cap (unless the NFL ownership decides to give a one-year temporary percentage bump to compensate, or something like that), it's going to be the most interesting off-season in a long time for everyone.

I'm not gonna lie...I would like to see Sherman come home. I doubt it'll happen, but I miss that man something fierce.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:18 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I'm glad to see some sense here from some of the posters I most respect (I see you Roland and a few others).

I'll be very curious to see who you can't afford to keep. With the reduced salary cap (unless the NFL ownership decides to give a one-year temporary percentage bump to compensate, or something like that), it's going to be the most interesting off-season in a long time for everyone.

I'm not gonna lie...I would like to see Sherman come home. I doubt it'll happen, but I miss that man something fierce.

:ditto:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:53 pm
  • QB effects how much you win and lose in the NFL. The 49ers have been playing with substandard players at the position for a long time. Jimmy is merely avg, and that was enough for them to almost win a Superbowl. If Shanny or McVay ever get a franchise QB, the Seahawks will be in trouble. Good news, it's hard to find those guys. Checkmate Seahawks.

Both the 49ers and Rams are extremely well coached. Just swap Wilson with their QBs and think what would happen. Annihilation.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:10 pm

You had the 5th ranked defense in yards this year. It was your offense that was ass, even with Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, and Sherman gone most of the year.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:03 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    94Smith wrote:You beat our practice squad. Congrats? :2thumbs:

You had the 5th ranked defense in yards this year. It was your offense that was ass, even with Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, and Sherman gone most of the year.

Look at the difference Adams + Dunlap made for us, and that's two players.

Just sayin'.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:46 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I'm glad to see some sense here from some of the posters I most respect (I see you Roland and a few others).

Well it COULD happen. I don't know if it will though. Sherman has been talking as if his time in SF is up. He'd like to stay, but he's a damn smart guy and sees the salary situation in SF. Niners #1 priority is Trent Williams. #2 surprisingly might be Jason Verrett and then maybe K'wuan Williams. Juszczyk would likely be next. SF hasn't ruled out resigning Sherman, but I think a number of things have to fall right for him to be back (some of which would be his price going down dramatically) and I'd put money on Sherman being elsewhere.

The question is this....does he take more money to go to a rebuilding team or less money to play for a contender. If its the latter, Seattle would be an option.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information