Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you accept this trade? (Schneider related)

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • There was a fake tweet below, but the fake account got suspended, so the fake news in the tweet is recapped below.

It got me thinking... regardless of what is likely or unlikely, would you accept this hypothetical trade? Why or why not?

Seahawks receive: Round 1, Pick 7 of 2021 NFL Draft

Lions receive: GM John Schneider
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• No way. JS is worth much more to this team than Jamal Adams.

Maaaybe for 3 firsts and 3 seconds.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

• No.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• On day one JS would recoup that 1st and get two more picks making the trade a big win for Detroit, you need three firsts and maybe a 2nd and a 3rd if you want him.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Yes, but with one stipulation.

Aros becomes the new Seahawks GM
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Hell No.

Not for 3 1st rounders.

If JS leaves, it would be because he wants to unshackle himself from Pete. But Seattle should never want this.

I would pay 3 1st rounders just to keep him if that is what it took.

Certainly would NOT trade him.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Hell No.

Not for 3 1st rounders.

If JS leaves, it would be because he wants to unshackle himself from Pete. But Seattle should never want this.

I would pay 3 1st rounders just to keep him if that is what it took.

Certainly would NOT trade him.

Or it could be because he wants to be closer to home (he is from Wisconsin)
    Or it is because they offer him a significant pay raise.
    Or it is because he has always loved Detroit as a team.
    Or it is because he feels he wants a change.
    Or it is because his wife like blue and silver.
    Or it is because.....

You have no clue on why JS would take a job somewhere else.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

• There's always a price and a replacement. For pick #7, I'd pass. For two-to-three 1st day picks and some second day picks thrown in, and a carton of Pall Malls, I might be game. I'd at least listen to offers.
    HagFaithful
    NET Rookie

• Who's to say the next GM if JS left would not be better?
    You just never know is all I'm saying.
    I'd take that 1st pick,2nd and their next years 2nd.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I have no idea what decisions JS has made on his own over the years. Isn't PC the main man?

So I'll say yes, trade him for the 7th overall pick, then try getting back the 1st+1st+3rd+future cap room by trading Adams, then going with Blair at SS.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Wow!

It's clear some folks are in a hurry to return to irrelevance as far as the NFL standings are concerned.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Wow!

It's clear some folks are in a hurry to return to irrelevance as far as the NFL standings are concerned.

With an elite QB like Wilson, it's near impossible to be irrelevant, at least for more than one season.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Yes, but with one stipulation.

Oh that would be sweet! That way I could fire Dave Pearson. :stirthepot:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:Yes, but with one stipulation.

Oh that would be sweet! That way I could fire Dave Pearson. :stirthepot:

I'm not so sure that Aros could stand the pay cut!!! ;)
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• JS should be known as the man who wanted to draft Russel Wilson. To me, that is enough.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• If Aros goes we're gonna need a lot more than some draft picks in compensation. Maybe some team and staff members regular required participation on the boards and a pile of money to keep this place above water for a long time.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Going back almost 20 years. The John Gruden "trade" from Oakland to Tampa cost two first-round draft picks, two second-round picks and $8 million in cash to the Oakland Raiders -- for a head coach.

A GM with Schneider's acumen would have to be at least 8 draft picks with 6 of them in the first 3 rounds along with a 2 season "hiring freeze" in place of the 8 million, i,e, Schneider could not sign any Seahawks practice squad or futures contract players from the Seahawks without draft pick compensation.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• If Schneider WANTS to go to the Lions, sure. I think he has earned that.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:If Schneider WANTS to go to the Lions, sure. I think he has earned that.

I'm not sure why he would but these are my thoughts. I hate the idea of holding someone back from furthering there career but you better make sure you get everything you can.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Two 1sts and you got a deal.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• This ^
    Especially if he makes it known he wants a change, closer to home, more control etc.
    He has earned that IF he was to request it.

That being said, just because the mighty Ian Rappaport reports it, doesn't mean it is accurate.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• We regularly turn 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders into players that would be a 1st in a redraft.

It isn't occasional. It is expected.

JS is worth far more than 2 1sts. Because you generally get top tier players in lower rounds with him. The objective of a 1st round pick is a better chance at a top tier player.

We might burn 1sts with JS semi-regularly, but we also semi-regularly turn 5th-7th round players into top 10 at the position players. A good example is Carson.

We have a system to maximize the chance of picking a winner by increasing our spins of the wheel. We lose all of that without JS.

There is or should be little acceptable trade for him.

I understand he does not have a top paying contract right now. And the Lions are looking to exploit that. But one of the guys you need to pay (specifically because it does not impact salary cap) is your freaking GM. We have had some godawful GMs in our franchise history. You don't let go of the most successful GM you ever had.

Just pay JS what he is worth and put this ridiculous trade idea to rest. I wouldn't trade 4 1st rounders for him.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• IMO Schneider has been and still is just as important to the success of this franchise as Pete is.

Therefore it'd take a king's ransom for me to trade him. MINIMUM of three first rounders, even then I don't like the idea of getting draft picks that may or may not pan out for one of the top 2-3 GM"s in the entire league that can help us continue to win for the next decade.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:IMO Schneider has been and still is just as important to the success of this franchise as Pete is.

Therefore it'd take a king's ransom for me to trade him. MINIMUM of three first rounders, even then I don't like the idea of getting draft picks that may or may not pan out for one of the top 2-3 GM"s in the entire league that can help us continue to win for the next decade.

A head coach went for 2 1st and 2 2nds so at least 3 and 3 as a start.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Wow!

With an elite QB like Wilson, it's near impossible to be irrelevant, at least for more than one season.

This. Nobody understands that for some reason.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    massari wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Wow!

This. Nobody understands that for some reason.

It happens with all fan bases really. Colts fans got sick of winning 12 games a season until Manning left.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• No, I would not.

John does too well in the draft. 1st rounders aside, which I surmise Pete has the heaviest influence in the 1st, then as the draft wears on, he defers more to John.

Day 3 is Schneider's day in the draft where he has the most influence. And he is just too damn good at finding gems.

I would like to see John eventually be given full roster control, and final say on the roster. I think he would be even better with more power.

If he was determined to leave and want out for whatever reason. Then I would need a boatload in compensation to agree if I were the Seahawks. He needs to be extended.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:There was a fake tweet below, but the fake account got suspended, so the fake news in the tweet is recapped below.

It got me thinking... regardless of what is likely or unlikely, would you accept this hypothetical trade? Why or why not?

Seahawks receive: Round 1, Pick 7 of 2021 NFL Draft

Lions receive: GM John Schneider

YES!
    K.J WRIGHT
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information