Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What to do during the draft ?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
What to do during the draft ?
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:51 pm
  • What are the thoughts for draft day? No 1st, no 3rd, so that 2nd rounder is super important. It will be what the 54th overall pick?

Who can we target?

Since Jamal cost so many first rounders any chance he can play offense next year as well? Not sure how else to justify that trade.

Thoughts?
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Re: What to do during the draft ?
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:18 am
  • You justify the trade by getting a deal done with your All Pro safety. Good chance they trade the 2nd for other picks. This year there will be a gold mine of undrafted talent.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:17 am
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:You justify the trade by getting a deal done with your All Pro safety. Good chance they trade the 2nd for other picks. This year there will be a gold mine of undrafted talent.

Jamal Adams is worth just about all the screwed up 1st round draft choices we've had in the past 8 years.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:26 am
  • Hadn't had a good 1st round pick since ET. Brooks seems to be proving to be (knock on wood) a keeper.

The rest of the "talent" they've chosen in the 1st round since ET? Yes, I would package every single one of them in a trade for Adams.

And feel like I was committing unarmed, daylight robbery.
    Madrid Hawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:57 am
  • Pretty likely the 2nd is traded on draft day to load up on 3-6th round picks, probably even trading back on the trade backs for more picks too.

Jamal Adams is better than any defensive player in the draft, so get a deal done with him and build the new defensive core through him.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:36 am
  • Your draft plan is around picks you have and players available at those picks. Not by analysts saying this guy is a for sure 1st rounder top ten pick. You dont need early round picks. Sure they are nice to have, but if there is anything this organization does well is draft good players with what they have or turn them into more picks and more opportunities.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 am
  • It's definitely a bitter pill to swallow to find out the guy you gave up two first round picks for now might need surgery on both his shoulders.

But I have faith in John, he's very good at mining the draft and figuring out how to gain more picks while still getting value and production.

There also needs to be a hard conversation about identifying players to trade for picks over the next two years.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 am
  • They're not gonna stand pat with that. I'd expect them to trade whatever they can to recoup some capital.

If not, quantity over quality is the right move.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:55 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:It's definitely a bitter pill to swallow to find out the guy you gave up two first round picks for now might need surgery on both his shoulders.

Getting just a tiny bit Percy vibes with this trade, but hope I'm wrong. Explosive impact player for sure, but with the physical way he plays, makes you wonder about durability and longevity.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:57 am
  • OL or BPA
    PackerNation
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:13 am
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:You justify the trade by getting a deal done with your All Pro safety. Good chance they trade the 2nd for other picks. This year there will be a gold mine of undrafted talent.

Hopefully he doesn't miss too much time next season. We need him.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:17 am
  • hoxrox wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:It's definitely a bitter pill to swallow to find out the guy you gave up two first round picks for now might need surgery on both his shoulders.

Getting just a tiny bit Percy vibes with this trade, but hope I'm wrong. Explosive impact player for sure, but with the physical way he plays, makes you wonder about durability and longevity.

I didn't want to say it, but I was thinking the same thing about this being Percy all over again. Man I hope not but it has that feel. Not sure how they can afford to even sign Jamal long term. Safety is a tough position to pay. Especially since he is limited in coverage. The sacks are nice though.

We do this thing here when he gets a sack. We quote the part from Wedding Crashers about the sack sandwich. Then we act like we are eating a tiny little sandwich, yum yum yum yum.

I like Jamal a lot, his spirt leads these mean. I should have included him in my other thread about alpha males on the team. Jamal needs to be at the summit with Brian, Pete and Russ for sure.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:40 am
  • hoxrox wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:It's definitely a bitter pill to swallow to find out the guy you gave up two first round picks for now might need surgery on both his shoulders.

Adams reminds me more of Kam. The joy, violence and recklessness in which he plays will be his demise. I was just hoping we'd get more out of him before his body starts breaking down.

Still is a great player, but I fear one that's going to be missing numerous games per season, and we will have to pay him 15M per year? Ugg.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:07 pm

I've been thinking about this for a long time... part of the problem of being so good for so long is that the Hawks have been picking always at 25 or lower...to stay competitive they have to take chances in the draft with guys like Taylor and even Metcalf who had the neck injury... that's a hard way to live as sometimes they pan out sometimes they don't..

The Rams and the Niners have years where they pick a bit higher in the draft (those teams draft really well anyway). so what ends up happening is the Hawks have to depend on FA and then it gets weird because they can pick up some deals but usually don't have the cap space to keep these guys around or they just don't pan out...

Basically what happens is they are in the hole now and are depending on JS to work a miracle draft...part of the problem is a team needs continuity to be good and it's hard to make that happen when they are blowing up the team and filling with FA they can't afford to keep...they need those first contracts and they need some higher picks to get impact players like Aaron Donald...

Yes there are going to be some really good UDFA but everybody else is going to be competing for those guys as well...let's hope that the Seahawk culture pulls some of those guys in...

To compete with the NFC west they need to be more aggressive up front IMO... I would load up on O line and D line and become the biggest and baddest in the trenches they can possibly be...Wilson can NOT keep taking the punishment he has been taking...

I'm unsure what JS will do but to remain competitive he needs to be really good ... He will earn his pay check this year IMO...we need a miracle draft this year...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:19 pm
  • Watch the teams with our first rounders pick up future pro bowl players under rookie contracts compete in the playoffs while our team continues to decline as its salary top heavy roster for every player not named Jamal Adams has peaked and officially declines.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:38 pm
  • Watch............ :snack:

(sorry had too 8) )
    94Smith
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:11 pm
  • We won't have a first round pick this year but, we will have two second round picks. Darrell Taylor and this years selection.

Ihave faith in JS to work his magic on draft dayy. Maybe tradind back in second round and taking a player like Charles Snowdon LB Virginia 6'7" 235 athletic freak as our new SAM LBer. Snowdon is the complete package. Or work on LG, LT.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:12 pm
  • ZagHawk wrote:Watch the teams with our first rounders pick up future pro bowl players under rookie contracts compete in the playoffs while our team continues to decline as its salary top heavy roster for every player not named Jamal Adams has peaked and officially declines.

So you don't like the JA trade? Only time will tell on that one... JA stays healthy it will be a brilliant move if he washes out then JS will take heat...So far it looks like a great move...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:15 pm
  • I still like the Jamal Adams trade for the same reason I liked it initially; early draft picks this season have an extremely reduced value. With such a crazy and limited college season there has never been more uncertainty, and the draft is already highly uncertain. Great players will be drafted anywhere from round 1 through UDFA and in an ideal world I think you'd want to trade down until you had a dozen fifth round picks or so.

Unfortunately it's going to be very tough to trade down, so how well we do in UDFA will likely be the major determinant of how this class shapes up.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:23 pm
  • If we're talking about trading players, I'd like to see them trade Jarran Reed, honestly.

His sacks inflate his value. His play between the sacks is quite pedestrian. His stupid contract tanks his value a bit, but if they can't find a trade suitor... paycut or gone.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:05 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:

Adams reminds me more of Kam. The joy, violence and recklessness in which he plays will be his demise. I was just hoping we'd get more out of him before his body starts breaking down.

Still is a great player, but I fear one that's going to be missing numerous games per season, and we will have to pay him 15M per year? Ugg.

Even worse than that is they probably won't sign him. Two 1st's a 3rd and he walks when the contract is up.

But hey the guy making the trade just got a long extension.

I wish I was rewarded for incompetence at work like these guys are.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:09 pm
  • LTH wrote:
    ZagHawk wrote:Watch the teams with our first rounders pick up future pro bowl players under rookie contracts compete in the playoffs while our team continues to decline as its salary top heavy roster for every player not named Jamal Adams has peaked and officially declines.

So you don't like the JA trade? Only time will tell on that one... JA stays healthy it will be a brilliant move if he washes out then JS will take heat...So far it looks like a great move...

LTH

How was it great? We lost in the 1st round of the playoffs and Jamal is hurt.

We gave up a ton of draft capital for some sacks. PFF says Jamal's sacks measured a 3.6 on their 8 point scale of importance. I didn't see the breakdown but that basically measure how "game altering" they were.

It is like a guy hitting a solo home run with two outs down by 4 in the 9th. Looks good in the box score, didn't impact the game.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:12 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:I still like the Jamal Adams trade for the same reason I liked it initially; early draft picks this season have an extremely reduced value. With such a crazy and limited college season there has never been more uncertainty, and the draft is already highly uncertain. Great players will be drafted anywhere from round 1 through UDFA and in an ideal world I think you'd want to trade down until you had a dozen fifth round picks or so.

Unfortunately it's going to be very tough to trade down, so how well we do in UDFA will likely be the major determinant of how this class shapes up.

I think the Jets hire Rosenblum, the guy that built the Eagles Super Bowl team. I forget his name, but that is who will be picking for the Jets. I hope they mess it up because if they get it right we will hear about this trade for a long time. Even worse with Jamal probably hitting free agency. It is Super Bowl or bust next year to make the trade worth it.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:19 pm
  • 12th And Loud wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    ZagHawk wrote:Watch the teams with our first rounders pick up future pro bowl players under rookie contracts compete in the playoffs while our team continues to decline as its salary top heavy roster for every player not named Jamal Adams has peaked and officially declines.

LTH

We gave up a ton of draft capital for some sacks. PFF says Jamal's sacks measured a 3.6 on their 8 point scale of importance. I didn't see the breakdown but that basically measure how "game altering" they were.

It is like a guy hitting a solo home run with two outs down by 4 in the 9th. Looks good in the box score, didn't impact the game.

Yeah he didn't even sack Tyler Murray and caused him to intentionally ground the ball. When he caught that Rams running back at the two yard line ,that was just a tackle. He's Earl and Kam good.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 pm
  • evergreen wrote:
    12th And Loud wrote:
    LTH wrote:

LTH

Yeah he didn't even sack Tyler Murray and caused him to intentionally ground the ball. When he caught that Rams running back at the two yard line ,that was just a tackle. He's Earl and Kam good.

Please don't use Jamal's name in a sentence with Earl and Kam.

We aren't even going to give Jamal a long term deal. We will let him walk and get the comp pick. That's what Pete thinks of him right now.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 pm
  • 12th And Loud wrote:
    evergreen wrote:
    12th And Loud wrote:
    LTH wrote:

LTH

We aren't even going to give Jamal a long term deal. We will let him walk and get the comp pick. That's what Pete thinks of him right now.

Seriously, unless you're in the coaching room with Pete, you need to stop acting like your opinions are facts.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:06 am
  • Jamal was hurt all year and had his worst year since he’s been in the league! He will be better in 2021. The new rules are not friendly to “hold outs” Jamal has no choice but to play on his current deal because Seattle can play Ryan Neal who is a good SS. Ryan Neal is going to get paid in 2022. Seattle could tag both Adams & Neal in 2022. If Seattle is sure about Adams they should extend him ASAP waiting drives up the price. The first round in the 2021 draft sucks balls and if Seattle finds a way to get a round 1 pick they may not be able to trade out of round 1. I like the 2021 draft so far but not round 1. If Seattle has doubts about Jamal they should tag him in 2022 then trade him.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:31 pm
  • Hockey Guy wrote:
    12th And Loud wrote:
    evergreen wrote:
    12th And Loud wrote:

Seriously, unless you're in the coaching room with Pete, you need to stop acting like your opinions are facts.

Okay, I guess my opinion of Pete doesn't matter. But hey Russ' opinion does matter.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:33 pm
  • FresnoHawk68 wrote:Jamal was hurt all year and had his worst year since he’s been in the league! He will be better in 2021. The new rules are not friendly to “hold outs” Jamal has no choice but to play on his current deal because Seattle can play Ryan Neal who is a good SS. Ryan Neal is going to get paid in 2022. Seattle could tag both Adams & Neal in 2022. If Seattle is sure about Adams they should extend him ASAP waiting drives up the price. The first round in the 2021 draft sucks balls and if Seattle finds a way to get a round 1 pick they may not be able to trade out of round 1. I like the 2021 draft so far but not round 1. If Seattle has doubts about Jamal they should tag him in 2022 then trade him.

That sounds great, but the two first round picks still just bothers me. Can't believe we gave up that much.

I don't see Jamal even playing under the franchise tag. He was live tweeting hate towards the Jets and he still had several years left on his rookie deal.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:20 pm
  • Not sure where it will come from because there are limited options, but going into the draft we will make a move to get some more initial capital to play with. Obviously the 2nd gets traded down.. but I just think , although options are limited on players we could get value for.. we will try to get some more picks.

Its going to be a weird draft.. the college season was uneven.. the scouting uneven.. no combine, it will be a draft where there are likely to be more misses than usual and some useful UDFAs for the scouting departments with the best ability.
    Vetamur
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:42 am
  • This is a very strong year for OLine candidates at C, G and T. The team needs to improve the mid Oline and started with Lewis last season, I suspect they will trade down an around a couple of times to get players they like.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:11 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:This is a very strong year for OLine candidates at C, G and T. The team needs to improve the mid Oline and started with Lewis last season, I suspect they will trade down an around a couple of times to get players they like.

I like the situation at center. There's a few mid-round guys that look like legit round 2 talents that fit especially well with what we've seen Waldron/Dickerson run in the past. Alec Lindstrom out of Boston College comes to mind. Pocic also stands to improve with this scheme change if he's brought back - he's long, fairly agile, and was a great center in college running tons of zone concepts.

Left guard is my main concern over center, frankly. Either way, good draft to get some solid interior guys.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:56 pm
  • Pouring drinks .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:31 pm
  • Pour one for me too!

Please let the team move on from Pocic who i believe gets pushed around too much. I 'd rather have Britt back than Pocic. Frankly I wan the team to at least attempt to sign GBs FA centre Corey Linsley in FA and get some mashers in the draft at G.

In the draft there are a few C's who could be OK. Landon Dickerson, 'Bama, Josh Myers, OSU, Quinn Meinerz, Wisc.-Whitewater who all might be available a after short trade downs to acquire picks. Meinerz might be a solid G with positional versatility.

At G guys that could be available when the team drafts with various possible short trades down are; Tre Smith , Tenn.,
    Deonte Brown, 'Bama, Ben Cleveland, Georgia, and David Moore, Grambling St.

The team also needs to look to find a developmental LT and those potential candidates where the team is drafting are:
    Dillon Radunz, N Dakota St. (might be best at G), D'Ante Smith, E. Carolina, Brady Christensen, BYU several might be available after a small trade back to acquire more picks.

OLIne is the primary focus for the team in the draft to me.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:11 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Pour one for me too!

Please let the team move on from Pocic who i believe gets pushed around too much. I 'd rather have Britt back than Pocic. Frankly I wan the team to at least attempt to sign GBs FA centre Corey Linsley in FA and get some mashers in the draft at G.

In the draft there are a few C's who could be OK. Landon Dickerson, 'Bama, Josh Myers, OSU, Quinn Meinerz, Wisc.-Whitewater who all might be available a after short trade downs to acquire picks. Meinerz might be a solid G with positional versatility.

At G guys that could be available when the team drafts with various possible short trades down are; Tre Smith , Tenn.,
    Deonte Brown, 'Bama, Ben Cleveland, Georgia, and David Moore, Grambling St.

The team also needs to look to find a developmental LT and those potential candidates where the team is drafting are:
    Dillon Radunz, N Dakota St. (might be best at G), D'Ante Smith, E. Carolina, Brady Christensen, BYU several might be available after a small trade back to acquire more picks.

OLIne is the primary focus for the team in the draft to me.

I am sure there is a TE or DE they can convert and get as a UDFA.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:12 pm
  • 12th And Loud wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:Jamal was hurt all year and had his worst year since he’s been in the league! He will be better in 2021. The new rules are not friendly to “hold outs” Jamal has no choice but to play on his current deal because Seattle can play Ryan Neal who is a good SS. Ryan Neal is going to get paid in 2022. Seattle could tag both Adams & Neal in 2022. If Seattle is sure about Adams they should extend him ASAP waiting drives up the price. The first round in the 2021 draft sucks balls and if Seattle finds a way to get a round 1 pick they may not be able to trade out of round 1. I like the 2021 draft so far but not round 1. If Seattle has doubts about Jamal they should tag him in 2022 then trade him.

That sounds great, but the two first round picks still just bothers me. Can't believe we gave up that much.

I don't see Jamal even playing under the franchise tag. He was live tweeting hate towards the Jets and he still had several years left on his rookie deal.

Gee you're so smart Yogi, how come nobody but you can see that John Schneider & Pete Carroll are such a fools?
    I betcha if you talked to Jody Allen, she'd clean house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Look I don't fault you cuz you don't know what you don't know.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 pm
  • I would expect them to trade that 2nd rounder to get some more picks.

Unless there's someone at 54 that they really like

And that's totally fine. It's been such a weird year that it'll be a bit more challenging to truly scout these prospects as intensely as they normally would.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:28 pm
  • I think the team picks at 56, then not again until the late 4th. They’d either pick a quality player that drops to 56 or trade down a few times to the mid 3rd.hopefully acquiring a few picks.

Here is an interesting draft simulator that is interesting to play around with: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

They have factored in anticipated comp picks in their selection order and you may disagree with their ratings of some players but it is fun to fool around with.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:47 pm
  • 12th And Loud wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:I still like the Jamal Adams trade for the same reason I liked it initially; early draft picks this season have an extremely reduced value. With such a crazy and limited college season there has never been more uncertainty, and the draft is already highly uncertain. Great players will be drafted anywhere from round 1 through UDFA and in an ideal world I think you'd want to trade down until you had a dozen fifth round picks or so.

I think the Jets hire Rosenblum, the guy that built the Eagles Super Bowl team. I forget his name, but that is who will be picking for the Jets.

Do you mean Howie Roseman?
    KinesProf
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:36 pm
  • 12th And Loud wrote:What are the thoughts for draft day? No 1st, no 3rd, so that 2nd rounder is super important. It will be what the 54th overall pick?

Who can we target?

Since Jamal cost so many first rounders any chance he can play offense next year as well? Not sure how else to justify that trade.

Thoughts?

Looking back on this thread it is even worse now.

Last years picks: Gone

Cap Space on this stupid extension for Adams: Gone

Next years # 1 pick: Gone

This trade is Hershel Walker bad. I said it last year and got laughed at. Jamal has not made this team better.

Now the Jets have two top picks and we have an over paid loud mouth who makes no impact on the field. Unreal.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:56 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:If we're talking about trading players, I'd like to see them trade Jarran Reed, honestly.

His sacks inflate his value. His play between the sacks is quite pedestrian. His stupid contract tanks his value a bit, but if they can't find a trade suitor... paycut or gone.

This is one of my $h!t takes.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:44 pm
  • We shall have more than one first round picks from Russell Wilson trade, and we shall also have cap space for FAs. We shall have a very busy and active off season. Totally looking forward to it.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:34 am
  • toffee wrote:We shall have more than one first round picks from Russell Wilson trade, and we shall also have cap space for FAs. We shall have a very busy and active off season. Totally looking forward to it.

Unless they are young guys you try and grab as many picks as you can and build a core, trying to fill it with proven Vets will just retard the growth of your young guys. After you have a core you peace meal the guys to fill things out.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:53 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    toffee wrote:We shall have more than one first round picks from Russell Wilson trade, and we shall also have cap space for FAs. We shall have a very busy and active off season. Totally looking forward to it.

Unless they are young guys you try and grab as many picks as you can and build a core, trying to fill it with proven Vets will just retard the growth of your young guys. After you have a core you peace meal the guys to fill things out.
    I for one is all for going young,

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:25 pm
  • Pray.

And keep your expectations extremely low.

And then pray some more that Jody Allen at some point, sooner than later, will make big organizational front office moves.

And then keep praying for hope for a better Seattle Seahawks organization.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:52 pm
  • In reference to the topic title.

Get Beer or a bottle of hard stuff, order take out, watch everyone else get better.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:56 pm
  • If regime changes are not made, and it's a Re-pete. I will be drinking heavily draft weekend.

Do note, I am not really a drinker. I've only had 2 beers in the last 5 years, I am very health conscious. I will be getting sloshed. It has gotten that bad.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:58 pm
  • toffee wrote:We shall have more than one first round picks from Russell Wilson trade, and we shall also have cap space for FAs. We shall have a very busy and active off season. Totally looking forward to it.

Deshaun Watson is getting traded this offseason and he is younger. Not sure what the trade market will look like. Unreal that this has been botched by trading for Jamal and now we are talking about trading Russ.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:06 pm
  • LTH wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:You justify the trade by getting a deal done with your All Pro safety. Good chance they trade the 2nd for other picks. This year there will be a gold mine of undrafted talent.

I've been thinking about this for a long time... part of the problem of being so good for so long is that the Hawks have been picking always at 25 or lower...to stay competitive they have to take chances in the draft with guys like Taylor and even Metcalf who had the neck injury... that's a hard way to live as sometimes they pan out sometimes they don't..

The Rams and the Niners have years where they pick a bit higher in the draft (those teams draft really well anyway). so what ends up happening is the Hawks have to depend on FA and then it gets weird because they can pick up some deals but usually don't have the cap space to keep these guys around or they just don't pan out...

Basically what happens is they are in the hole now and are depending on JS to work a miracle draft...part of the problem is a team needs continuity to be good and it's hard to make that happen when they are blowing up the team and filling with FA they can't afford to keep...they need those first contracts and they need some higher picks to get impact players like Aaron Donald...

Yes there are going to be some really good UDFA but everybody else is going to be competing for those guys as well...let's hope that the Seahawk culture pulls some of those guys in...

To compete with the NFC west they need to be more aggressive up front IMO... I would load up on O line and D line and become the biggest and baddest in the trenches they can possibly be...Wilson can NOT keep taking the punishment he has been taking...

I'm unsure what JS will do but to remain competitive he needs to be really good ... He will earn his pay check this year IMO...we need a miracle draft this year...

LTH

What is the secret with the pats and Packers then ? They have drafted late forever and are heads and shoulders better right now .
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:25 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:In reference to the topic title.

Get Beer or a bottle of hard stuff, order take out, watch everyone else get better.

HAHAHA..That's funny AF. :)
    K.J WRIGHT
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information