Russell Wilson wants to be involved in OC hiring...

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Can Watson help us pick our new OC and RW can do the same for the Texans?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Ship Wilson to Jacksonville for the 1 pick. He and Urban can cook together, and we can have sunshine at QB.

TreeRon

Reaction score
If I were in his shoes I'd want the same. If Wilson is more successful, the team will be as well.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Wartooth":7urgy6lo said:
“As the quarterback, it’s imperative to my career,” Wilson said...
Sounds like he's really thinking about himself and not the team first!
Here we go...
Hollywood Wilson's mask is slipping!
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ved-in-seahawks-offensive-coordinator-hiring/

Did you even watch the press conference he gave today, or are you just taking this one piece of click bait because it fits a preconceived notion?

I actually saw his press conference today (well about 80% of it), but I definitely heard the questions / answers surrounding the firing and hiring of our OC. He did say the words he's had attributed to him, but he also went into great detail about how important it is that we have a coordinator who knows how to make the most of the talent on the field (and not just Wilson either). He specifically talked about wanting to improve all facets of our offensive game and mentions the screen game, intermediate passes and the run game specifically. At no time did he say he wants to have a coordinator who will come in and only improve his game. His endgame was all about bringing in someone to help us win playoff games....not just regular season games.

iigakusei

Reaction score
A franchise QB should have a say in the OC. Loved the RW press conference. Ball's in your court Pete.

niveky

Reaction score
kidhawk":m1reco9z said:
Wartooth":m1reco9z said:
Here we go...
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ved-in-seahawks-offensive-coordinator-hiring/

Did you even watch the press conference he gave today, or are you just taking this one piece of click bait because it fits a preconceived notion?

I actually saw his press conference today (well about 80% of it), but I definitely heard the questions / answers surrounding the firing and hiring of our OC. He did say the words he's had attributed to him, but he also went into great detail about how important it is that we have a coordinator who knows how to make the most of the talent on the field (and not just Wilson either). He specifically talked about wanting to improve all facets of our offensive game and mentions the screen game, intermediate passes and the run game specifically. At no time did he say he wants to have a coordinator who will come in and only improve his game. His endgame was all about bringing in someone to help us win playoff games....not just regular season games.

ignorance is the new hip thing. it lets people shout out opinions they view as perfectly valid without all or any of the facts and take other people content with being ignorant along for the ride. Thanks for being a voice who actually could validly speak on the issue because they actually took the time to listen to everything the information being referenced came from.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
RW wants to be involved, why not? So what? Is this a bad thing?

Liked kidhawk's post best of all in this thread, nivesky's was a close 2nd.

hawks85

Reaction score
I agree with Wilson !00% on this. Everyone on here is bitchin and complaining about the offense, and when Wilson says he wants to be involved in the hiring process now he's a primadonna. Make.No.Sense. Wilson has earned the right to be involved plain and simple. Unless you wanna see run,run,pass, punt all next season STFU and let Wilson get involved, Jesus.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RW critics: He needs to step up and be a leader! He needs to make demands! He should have changed the play in the Super Bowl. He’s the Quarterback so if there’s an issue he needs to challenge Pete! And why doesn’t he change the play?? He doesn’t show any fire! Tom Brady is a real leader that holds people accountable.

Also RW critics: He’s selfish! Now he wants to be involved in the hiring process? What’s next!? He needs to know his place. He shouldn’t speak up to Pete. Do whatever Pete says! Be a team player!

Rat

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3tgf2urp said:
RW critics: He needs to step up and be a leader! He needs to make demands! He should have changed the play in the Super Bowl. He’s the Quarterback so if there’s an issue he needs to challenge Pete! And why doesn’t he change the play?? He doesn’t show any fire! Tom Brady is a real leader that holds people accountable.

Also RW critics: He’s selfish! Now he wants to be involved in the hiring process? What’s next!? He needs to know his place. He shouldn’t speak up to Pete. Do whatever Pete says! Be a team player!

Can you name anyone who said both of those things?

KinesProf

Reaction score
Makes sense. Why would you not involve your veteran franchise QB? I'd include Lockett and Duane Brown as well. The more minds and input the better.

5thgen

Reaction score
He wants to hire an oc who eliminates quick release middle routes.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawks85":1mt4rbde said:
I agree with Wilson !00% on this. Everyone on here is b!@ch and complaining about the offense, and when Wilson says he wants to be involved in the hiring process now he's a primadonna. Make.No.Sense. Wilson has earned the right to be involved plain and simple. Unless you wanna see run,run,pass, punt all next season STFU and let Wilson get involved, Jesus.

I think the OP was likely referring to the supposed part about it being imperative to his career rather than just the desire to be involved.

Nobody blames him for wanting to sit in on the interview.

James in PA

Reaction score
I didn’t watch it because RW’s pressers tend to be painfully boring. Plus, I saw that it was over an hour long! But I already know that all the headlines coming from it were pure clickbait. What, he cared about his former OC and is upset to see him go?? Shocking! You never hear players talking like that about recently fired coaches!!! Seriously though, I know that he was nothing but upbeat and positive. He’s not asking for a damn trade. Give me a break. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Wartooth":1mn4511p said:
Here we go...
God I hope not. Russ was perfect prior to the contract rumors about wanting to leave stuff. Everything since coming from his camp has screamed "selfish". I really want to believe that isn't happening.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Hard to imagine why a guy who has expressed interest in ownership shares of the Seahawks, and is the hub of our offense on the field, wants to be included in the decision process for the guy who will be his coach, right?
Russ and Pete have been discussing plans for the future of the team ever since the last game ended. So now we're criticizing Russ for wanting to be involved in choosing the next OC? And all that indicates Russ wants to go somewhere else?
I've never been much of a fan of abstract art.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rat":2wrkd2ts said:
Scorpion05":2wrkd2ts said:

Can you name anyone who said both of those things?

I can, but there's no need for me to drop names in here.

That said, I've seen almost every critical thread of Wilson on here. You've been part of some of them. Are you saying, no one on here has ever said something to the effect of "Russ should speak up" or "change the playcall" or something to that effect? Even if that means disobeying the coaches?

Now, he's saying he wants involvement in hiring the OC, that it's important to his career...and you're all pretending Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Brett Favre and others historically have never demanded the same thing? It's like some people on here, including some in this thread have an issue with RW taking charge. But are okay with other QBs demanding, and expecting that respect from the Front Office.