Russell Wilson wants to be involved in OC hiring...

AgentDib

Reaction score
As others have said, if you actually watch the press conference it is 100% vanilla "what you'd expect Russ to say".

Yes he wants an effective passing offense, but he also said he thinks they need a more effective rushing offense and that "really they need to do everything well." He supports Schotty and says he has an amazing relationship with him, but also says that "he just works there and that Pete Carroll makes those decisions." He says he wants to be involved in OC hiring, but also that he's already being integral to Pete Carroll's choice and has been having "significant talks" with Pete and JS.

The only actual news from is for anybody who thought it was a mutual decision(?), as Russ accidentally clarifies that it was Pete wanting to see a change.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Good to hear. This is the beginning of the end for Pete. I either see a McCarthy Rodgers split occur in the next offseason or Russell demands a trade in this current off season. Russell knows that Pete will not lead them to another SB if Pete has his way. Good to see him finally use his Power move. Sadly, this should’ve occurred after the 2017 season. Mr Allen would’ve been alive and we would’ve brought in a new coach. We wasted 3 years and counting of Russell prime sticking with Carroll

Tinamedina

Reaction score
ludakrishna":33ee79nr said:
Good to hear. This is the beginning of the end for Pete. I either see a McCarthy Rodgers split occur in the next offseason or Russell demands a trade in this current off season. Russell knows that Pete will not lead them to another SB if Pete has his way. Good to see him finally use his Power move. Sadly, this should’ve occurred after the 2017 season. Mr Allen would’ve been alive and we would’ve brought in a new coach. We wasted 3 years and counting of Russell prime sticking with Carroll

Somebody with some sense. If pete carroll cost the team another superbowl opportunity, Russell Wilson will gone by next off season.

Momofantv

Reaction score
He can be involved with his next team after he requests a trade in 2022 if we hire lynn

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What are you guys talking about?

There's way too much reading between the lines here.
I see no issue with what Wilson said. He should be involved in the hiring process. I think that's great

strohmin

Reaction score
It's about damn time Russell spoke up and start asserting himself like a Brady or Rodgers. I was hoping he would do this after our superbowl loss instead of just accepting the same garbage Pete feeds us day in and day out. He should definitely be more in control of the offense. He is around 9 years into this franchise and should be driving this offense by now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tinamedina":3s9m6j74 said:
ludakrishna":3s9m6j74 said:

Somebody with some sense. If pete carroll cost the team another superbowl opportunity, Russell Wilson will gone by next off season.

Russell did just as much to cost the team in the playoffs. Sorry, but he did.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tinamedina":32ck80ao said:
Scorpion05":32ck80ao said:
Rat":32ck80ao said:
Scorpion05":32ck80ao said:
RW critics: He needs to step up and be a leader! He needs to make demands! He should have changed the play in the Super Bowl. He’s the Quarterback so if there’s an issue he needs to challenge Pete! And why doesn’t he change the play?? He doesn’t show any fire! Tom Brady is a real leader that holds people accountable.

Also RW critics: He’s selfish! Now he wants to be involved in the hiring process? What’s next!? He needs to know his place. He shouldn’t speak up to Pete. Do whatever Pete says! Be a team player!

Can you name anyone who said both of those things?

I can, but there's no need for me to drop names in here.

That said, I've seen almost every critical thread of Wilson on here. You've been part of some of them. Are you saying, no one on here has ever said something to the effect of "Russ should speak up" or "change the playcall" or something to that effect? Even if that means disobeying the coaches?

Now, he's saying he wants involvement in hiring the OC, that it's important to his career...and you're all pretending Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Brett Favre and others historically have never demanded the same thing? It's like some people on here, including some in this thread have an issue with RW taking charge. But are okay with other QBs demanding, and expecting that respect from the Front Office.

I'll say it, cause it's so blatantly obvious. Russell Wilson is black. Those other QBs are not. You know what that means? Russell Wilson has to constantly stifle himself in order to not be the "angry black man". Pete Carroll sees Russell Wilson as boy and not a man, welcome to America.

Wow.

Of all the stupid posts on this board, this has got to be the worst I've ever seen.

I've seen people threatening to sue each other with internet lawyers.

I've seen guys make up stories about Pete Carroll trying to trade for Carson Palmer and then screaming at other executives that "We have a franchise quarterback and his name is CHARLIE!" before slamming the phone.

I've seen guys describe dreams they had about the Seahawks only winning the Super Bowl if they sign Tim Tebow.

All of those were hilarious. But you insinuating that Pete Carroll is racist against Russell Wilson? That's it. That is unbeatably hilarious, and easily the worst post I've seen in 10 years on this board. Well done.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tinamedina":3oyeosbt said:
Maelstrom787":3oyeosbt said:
Tinamedina":3oyeosbt said:
Scorpion05":3oyeosbt said:

That said, I've seen almost every critical thread of Wilson on here. You've been part of some of them. Are you saying, no one on here has ever said something to the effect of "Russ should speak up" or "change the playcall" or something to that effect? Even if that means disobeying the coaches?

Now, he's saying he wants involvement in hiring the OC, that it's important to his career...and you're all pretending Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Brett Favre and others historically have never demanded the same thing? It's like some people on here, including some in this thread have an issue with RW taking charge. But are okay with other QBs demanding, and expecting that respect from the Front Office.

I'll say it, cause it's so blatantly obvious. Russell Wilson is black. Those other QBs are not. You know what that means? Russell Wilson has to constantly stifle himself in order to not be the "angry black man". Pete Carroll sees Russell Wilson as boy and not a man, welcome to America.

Wow.

Of all the stupid posts on this board, this has got to be the worst I've ever seen.

I've seen guys make up stories about Pete Carroll trying to trade for Carson Palmer and then screaming at other executives that "We have a franchise quarterback and his name is CHARLIE!" before slamming the phone.

I've seen guys describe dreams they had about the Seahawks only winning the Super Bowl if they sign Tim Tebow.

All of those were hilarious. But you insinuating that Pete Carroll is racist against Russell Wilson? That's it. That is unbeatably hilarious, and easily the worst post I've seen in 10 years on this board. Well done.

I knew this website wasn't ready THIS type of conversation, but oh well. I did not say or implie that pete carroll is racist. I said it is different for white qbs than black qbs. why do you think russell wilson acts the way he does? its not just because hes such a gentleman, its because russell wilson knows that if he goes off the way he should, people will look at him differently. Tom, Aaron, Brett, they can be on the sideline and curse out theyre coach, noooo problem. Black men cannot do that and have ESPN making excuses for them.

this is basic knowledge, every football fan knows this bruh. Look at Deshaun Watson, Matt Hasselback basically told him to shut up and play. its not the same, not even close. sorry if talking about race makes you uncomfortable, grow up.

I literally fully agree with you, other than the obvious implication about Pete. I mean, come on, how did you expect the last sentence about Carroll to come off?

chris98251

Reaction score
Tinamedina":1wyi15rd said:
Scorpion05":1wyi15rd said:
Rat":1wyi15rd said:
Scorpion05":1wyi15rd said:
RW critics: He needs to step up and be a leader! He needs to make demands! He should have changed the play in the Super Bowl. He’s the Quarterback so if there’s an issue he needs to challenge Pete! And why doesn’t he change the play?? He doesn’t show any fire! Tom Brady is a real leader that holds people accountable.

Also RW critics: He’s selfish! Now he wants to be involved in the hiring process? What’s next!? He needs to know his place. He shouldn’t speak up to Pete. Do whatever Pete says! Be a team player!

Can you name anyone who said both of those things?

Wow, this really sounds like a Racist statement with no substance at all.

You really think they Draft Wilson, after signing Flynn to a 10 million a year contract if this is true, then not only draft him but give him the starter position as well?

This seems nothing like a inflammatory post to stir up contention here.

PackerNation

Reaction score
I think it's pretty common when you have a QB like Wilson to help in the selection of an OC. Rodgers was consulted on the HC and OC positions in Green Bay.

Seahawks are just a piece or two away from another trophy. The front office, HC and QB positions are manned by very solid people. Just get an OL and another playmaker on defense.

pmedic920

Reaction score
niveky":3im3jpho said:
kidhawk":3im3jpho said:
Wartooth":3im3jpho said:
“As the quarterback, it’s imperative to my career,” Wilson said...
Sounds like he's really thinking about himself and not the team first!
Here we go...
Hollywood Wilson's mask is slipping!
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ved-in-seahawks-offensive-coordinator-hiring/

Did you even watch the press conference he gave today, or are you just taking this one piece of click bait because it fits a preconceived notion?

I actually saw his press conference today (well about 80% of it), but I definitely heard the questions / answers surrounding the firing and hiring of our OC. He did say the words he's had attributed to him, but he also went into great detail about how important it is that we have a coordinator who knows how to make the most of the talent on the field (and not just Wilson either). He specifically talked about wanting to improve all facets of our offensive game and mentions the screen game, intermediate passes and the run game specifically. At no time did he say he wants to have a coordinator who will come in and only improve his game. His endgame was all about bringing in someone to help us win playoff games....not just regular season games.

ignorance is the new hip thing. it lets people shout out opinions they view as perfectly valid without all or any of the facts and take other people content with being ignorant along for the ride. Thanks for being a voice who actually could validly speak on the issue because they actually took the time to listen to everything the information being referenced came from.

Yep Kid made a lot of sense didn’t he.

The ignorance you speak of is rampant not only here but in our society as a whole.

The MSM counts on it, they manipulate us because of it, they make billions of dollars off of it.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3d53ek04 said:
Tinamedina":3d53ek04 said:
Maelstrom787":3d53ek04 said:
Tinamedina":3d53ek04 said:

Wow.

I knew this website wasn't ready THIS type of conversation, but oh well. I did not say or implie that pete carroll is racist. I said it is different for white qbs than black qbs. why do you think russell wilson acts the way he does? its not just because hes such a gentleman, its because russell wilson knows that if he goes off the way he should, people will look at him differently. Tom, Aaron, Brett, they can be on the sideline and curse out theyre coach, noooo problem. Black men cannot do that and have ESPN making excuses for them.

this is basic knowledge, every football fan knows this bruh. Look at Deshaun Watson, Matt Hasselback basically told him to shut up and play. its not the same, not even close. sorry if talking about race makes you uncomfortable, grow up.

I literally fully agree with you, other than the obvious implication about Pete. I mean, come on, how did you expect the last sentence about Carroll to come off?
\

i dont imply anything, im straight forward. pete carroll is a bad coach. russell wilson has been carrying him for too long, and that is gonna come to an end. thats what im getting from russell wilson.