Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Seahawks management not happy with Wilson

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• Both sides have a legitimate beef, IMO. These things are bound to happen in any long-term relationship. I suspect they'll hug it out.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Yeah the management is probably thinking: Boy what possibilities could have been with Josh Allen and his team-friendly rookie contract...
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:Yep another RW thread..this time its the team not happy with him. Where there is smoke is there fire??

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... nHXUkERvjg

I am loving this drama!

Things need to be shaken up!

Either Wilson goes or Carroll goes!

Wilson is no longer this media darling, “Go Hawks!” tow the company line QB!

I wanted to see some conviction out of him and now he’s challenging the Seattle front office.

Balls in Seattle’s FO’s court.

Let’s see where this goes!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I know we can't post the entire contents of articles, but this basically the meat of the situation:

“A source told me that the Seahawks’ management is not happy with Russell Wilson and his camp for taking this to the media,” Patrick said. “You wonder if they’re going to be able to co-exist. . . . The current situation is not sustainable. That’s what I was told."

Not a whole lot to go on there. Makes me think of an obedient honor roll student who finally stands up to their parents.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• I get sick of "Russell's camp", "a source", "Seahawks management".

Makes me wonder if Pete and Russ are sitting down and laughing about how they're playing the media.
    Torc
    NET Rookie

• Nobody should care what Seahawk management thinks about this.

Their job and only goal should be doing whatever Wilson wants.

He is responsible for most of our wins.

He has bailed this team out of terrible games multiple times. Sure he threw a few INTs that lost some. But he drove more wins than he ever lost.

And Carroll is turning into a latter day Jeff Fisher if he drives Wilson off.

Carroll needs to bend the knee and shut up. There should be NOTHING from management about this situation except how they are moving to make Wilson happy.

Wilson is much more important than Carroll right now. Carroll is just an aging has-been that has been riding Wilson's coattails for some time since he lost his LOB. He is a glorified cheerleader. Great motivator but is that worth losing our best QB ever?

Wilson is the priority period.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Nobody should care what Seahawk management thinks about this.

Their job and only goal should be doing whatever Wilson wants.

He is responsible for most of our wins.

He has bailed this team out of terrible games multiple times. Sure he threw a few INTs that lost some. But he drove more wins than he ever lost.

And Carroll is turning into a latter day Jeff Fisher if he drives Wilson off.

Carroll needs to bend the knee and shut up. There should be NOTHING from management about this situation except how they are moving to make Wilson happy.

Wilson is much more important than Carroll right now. Carroll is just an aging has-been that has been riding Wilson's coattails for some time since he lost his LOB. He is a glorified cheerleader. Great motivator but is that worth losing our best QB ever?

Wilson is the priority period.

I agree, but he (Carroll) probably feels otherwise.

This may come down to Jody Allen’s decision.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• man I wish Paul Allen was still here
    misfit
    NET Veteran

• Not sure Jody is an involved owner. Who knows what happens behind the scenes though.

What I do know is that if Carroll drives off Wilson, he destroys his legacy here.

He will be remembered more for driving Wilson off and squandering a HOF QB than for the SB he won.

That would be sad.

He is already more known for the worst call in SB history instead of one of the most dominant SB teams in NFL history.

I really wish he would get over himself.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Let us all remember back to the many BS stories from "sources" during both of RW's contract negotiation periods. Then let us all look at this through an informed filter.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• You mean like how last year, Russ was gonna' be playing for the Giants? :mrgreen:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• The sky is falling!!

Seriously though, I can see both sides here.
    But I'm still going to stick to my guns that Wilson should've kept this in house.

All he did was infuriate the team and his teammates
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:The sky is falling!!

But I'm still going to stick to my guns that Wilson should've kept this in house.

I'm not convinced Wilson is as good as he thinks he is. I'm not married to him (as a seattle fan). I'm ok with him moving to greener pastures and trying to prove he's as good as he thinks he is
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

• Peyton Manning called out his O Line in a post game presser. I seriously doubt the Colts fans were calling for his head. Rodgers has been voicing his opinion for years, I doubt the Packers fans are calling for his head.
    Watson is demanding to be traded, I seriously doubt Houston fans want him gone.
    Should Russ and his Agent kept it in house? Sure. But my god this has been blown out of proportion.
    I'm glad he spoke up, he's not wrong. Maybe the Hawks management should stop being so sensitive and get some GOOD O lineman in front of Russ.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Peyton Manning called out his O Line in a post game presser. I seriously doubt the Colts fans were calling for his head. Rodgers has been voicing his opinion for years, I doubt the Packers fans are calling for his head.
    Should Russ and his Agent kept it in house? Sure. But my god this has been blown out of proportion.
    I'm glad he spoke up, he's not wrong. Maybe the Hawks management should stop being so sensitive and get some GOOD O lineman in front of Russ.

Bingo! This guy gets it! ^
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Jerhawk wrote:The sky is falling!!

Did it occur after 8 years of keeping it inside and nothing happening he felt this was the only choice?
    John63
    NET Veteran

• I think there's a rift between PC and Wilson, because PC appeases but doesn't really change much, and I think Russ doesn't feel like he's been taken seriously in house, nor does he believe that things will change by keeping things in house, so he's nudged via media, and he's frustrated. I feel the problems are mostly due to Carroll's offensive philosophy, he's rigid and his schematic limitations are lending to Wilson having to do too much, and to get hit, and they've been long figured out.

Wilson had to do something because he wants to get to the Superbowl and win it not go one and done in the playoffs and get killed in the process. Carroll's schemes actually have to be thrown out the window, he needs to keep away, hopefully they are actually doing that now with Waldron, it appears Wilson has lost faith after 9 years in PC to actually change much though.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Peyton Manning called out his O Line in a post game presser. I seriously doubt the Colts fans were calling for his head. Rodgers has been voicing his opinion for years, I doubt the Packers fans are calling for his head.

One huge difference between Manning, Rodgers and Wilson.

Lets thing Manning adn Rodgers are

Wilson is

You can guess the rest
    John63
    NET Veteran

• Oh well, as always, it's a bunch of nothing. He'll be under center in 2021.
    Until then, I've said my peace. Go Hawks
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• John63 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Peyton Manning called out his O Line in a post game presser. I seriously doubt the Colts fans were calling for his head. Rodgers has been voicing his opinion for years, I doubt the Packers fans are calling for his head.

One huge difference between Manning, Rodgers and Wilson.

Lets thing Manning adn Rodgers are

Wilson is

You can guess the rest

...not a league MVP?
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• John63 wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:The sky is falling!!

Did it occur after 8 years of keeping it inside and nothing happening he felt this was the only choice?

It was unprofessional.

There's things I hate about my job, but don't go down to the news station and tell everyone about it.
    He could've been much more tactful in his answer.
    Now he just looks two faced
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• It's a.matter of Russell wanted this to be HIS team, he wants the final say in all football matters. So it's no a matter of the OL, but the control of all Seahawks foot ball matters.

From what I have observed, the process and result of hiring of our new OC, Wilson wasn't involved enough, the latest outburst was a result of that.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Post of the year thus far . Well put and 100 percent accurate.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:

It was unprofessional.

There's things I hate about my job, but don't go down to the news station and tell everyone about it.

I respectfully disagree. It was time Wilson grew a sack and stopped being a "Yes" man. All the greats have done it Brady, Rodgers, Kobe, Jordan etc. If you have a competitive nature and want to win CHAMPIONSHIPS and see the same disgusting formula with no progress or results you eventually reach a breaking point and clearly Wilson has. I'm glad he's standing up for himself and I hope he leaves the organization under Pete Carroll so he doesn't waste away his career. Then all the fans that Love Pete and his BS rah rah style of coaching and those who are so grateful for making the playoffs and being one and done can finally put their foot in their mouths when the team goes down the toilet.

Wilson is a once in a lifetime QB and greatly underappreciated for what he does with what he's given to work with.

So to your point, if you hate your job, what do you do?

1) You talk to your superiors about how things can be improved

OR

2) YOU FIND ANOTHER JOB

Wilson has clearly expressed he wants to be involved in the process. So they won't listen. Now he's open to going to another team.

7 years of that Senile Moron progressively taking this organization down the wrong path. I remember when 7 years ago we started seeing the smoke of the LOB being frustrated by the lack of accountability by Pete Carroll. Where there's smoke theres fire. The end result was the dismantling of one of the greatest defenses of all time. Chancellor admitted it himself. Everyone stopped believing in Carroll. Wilson has too.
    BEASTM0DE
    NET Bench Warmer

• BEASTM0DE wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:

It was unprofessional.

I respectfully disagree. It was time Wilson grew a sack and stopped being a "Yes" man. All the greats have done it Brady, Rodgers, Kobe, Jordan etc. If you have a competitive nature and want to win CHAMPIONSHIPS and see the same disgusting formula with no progress or results you eventually reach a breaking point and clearly Wilson has. I'm glad he's standing up for himself and I hope he leaves the organization under Pete Carroll so he doesn't waste away his career. Then all the fans that Love Pete and his BS rah rah style of coaching and those who are so grateful for making the playoffs and being one and done can finally put their foot in their mouths when the team goes down the toilet.

Wilson is a once in a lifetime QB and greatly underappreciated for what he does with what he's given to work with.

So to your point, if you hate your job, what do you do?

1) You talk to your superiors about how things can be improved

OR

2) YOU FIND ANOTHER JOB

Wilson has clearly expressed he wants to be involved in the process. So they won't listen. Now he's open to going to another team.

7 years of that Senile Moron progressively taking this organization down the wrong path. I remember when 7 years ago we started seeing the smoke of the LOB being frustrated by the lack of accountability by Pete Carroll. Where there's smoke theres fire. The end result was the dismantling of one of the greatest defenses of all time. Chancellor admitted it himself. Everyone stopped believing in Carroll. Wilson has too.

EXACTLY!

If Russell's motivations are that he wants to leave because Seattle isn't Hollywood enough for him, then obviously I wouldn't support that.

But everything that's being reported leads me to believe the dude just wants to win and get back to the Super Bowl. So if that's the case, there's no doubt he and others have been venting frustrations behind the scenes for years about how the offense is run.

People loved to criticize Russ for being a company man for years, and now all of a sudden he speaks out (like other great players have done) and people want to crucify him. Unreal.

Edit: And Russ is the same dude who refused to throw his coaches under the bus for that horrible call at the end of SB 49. So don't come at him for not being a team guy.
    A_Biased_Fan
    NET Practice Squad

• I am going to guess Wilson has brought this up again and again in house.

Nothing has been fixed.

He is frustrated now and talking to people due to the nothing getting done.

Sherman had a similar situation with the team, they even allowed him to go and find another team that wanted to trade for him. Pete and John said no to the offer and that was that.

But the difference we have this go around is it isn't about money with Wilson, every other discussion about QB's is contracts, Wilsons isn't.

Call it philosophical difference about the teams offense and schemes.

The last three guys who had this issue are not here either.

They just didn't play QB.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• To say "I know I have to play better football and help the problem by not holding it so long" would sound so much different than how he addressed it.

Instead he comes across as not being aware that he is, indeed, part of the problem.

Maybe he thinks he's better than he really is. The guy plays in arguably the softest media market so its possible.

He did not play good football for much of the second half of the season. We pay him too much (causing other holes) for that to continue. Without MVP Russ, (which we see in short spurts each year) this team will struggle to win.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that “more teams have reached out about Russell Wilson, but the Seahawks have shown no inclination to trade their star quarterback, whose media tour continues.”

Wilson’s comments make it clear he isn’t happy with the Seahawks, who reportedly aren’t happy with Wilson’s public comments of dissatisfaction.

His media tour continues Friday on The Ellen Show, so stay tuned.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ll-wilson/

The Ellen Show. I get it, dude wants to expand brand ... just a curious choice.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• I really don’t want to think of a Seahawks team without Russell Wilson. It’s crazy that there are actually trade rumors that are gaining traction.
    A team would have to break the bank, add an unprecedented number of first round picks, add a QB that is above average status, and possibly throw in a stud RB that is more towards the 25 and under group. Even with that, I’d be shaking my head...
    I think Russ has had enough of Mr. Nice Guy and rightfully called the baby ugly. The demise this season was way less player/talent based then it was coaching and management.

If I’m the owner, I’m telling JS and Pete that this IS Russel Wilson’s team and they better maker sure to address everything both they and he think. Or, find another job.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

• Everybody knows Russ can go to the media, that includes Pete, this is happening because Pete let it happen! Pete has no choice RW isn’t as good as everyone thinks he is, that includes Russ. RW can throw it into the bucket on deep balls but many times he gets his TD because the WR’s are wide open waiting for the pass. I hope Pete timed this perfectly and there’s a QB in the draft they want or Pete screwed this thing up. We’ve been here before in terms of the drama it would be wise to trust Pete & John they have a long track record of making people eat crow. Especially Pete I remember folks doubting him when he got the job at USC and when he came to Seattle everyone was saying colleges coaches can’t make it in the NFL. Recently folks claiming Pete can’t build an offense after having prolific offenses at USC & drafting DK Metcalf everyone saying he can’t run routes. It never ends!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Not sure Jody is an involved owner. Who knows what happens behind the scenes though.

What I do know is that if Carroll drives off Wilson, he destroys his legacy here.

He will be remembered more for driving Wilson off and squandering a HOF QB than for the SB he won.

That would be sad.

He is already more known for the worst call in SB history instead of one of the most dominant SB teams in NFL history.

I think it is very likely at this point that PC leaves with every part of his legacy destroyed but the SB win and the franchise right back where it was when he got here.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• Elemas wrote:I really don’t want to think of a Seahawks team without Russell Wilson. It’s crazy that there are actually trade rumors that are gaining traction.
    A team would have to break the bank, add an unprecedented number of first round picks, add a QB that is above average status, and possibly throw in a stud RB that is more towards the 25 and under group. Even with that, I’d be shaking my head...
    I think Russ has had enough of Mr. Nice Guy and rightfully called the baby ugly. The demise this season was way less player/talent based then it was coaching and management.

If I’m the owner, I’m telling JS and Pete that this IS Russel Wilson’s team and they better maker sure to address everything both they and he think. Or, find another job.

RW is grabbing the bull by the horns he wants to make sure all the teams get a crack at him vs just the one’s Pete & John choose. Any team could rework RW’s deal & make it hard for him to say no he’s just opening up his choices. Seahawks could add Lockett to the deal to salvage an unfavorable situation.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that “more teams have reached out about Russell Wilson, but the Seahawks have shown no inclination to trade their star quarterback, whose media tour continues.”

Wilson’s comments make it clear he isn’t happy with the Seahawks, who reportedly aren’t happy with Wilson’s public comments of dissatisfaction.

His media tour continues Friday on The Ellen Show, so stay tuned.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ll-wilson/

The Ellen Show. I get it, dude wants to expand brand ... just a curious choice.

CAA manages Russ & Sierra!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

This. Plenty of QB's do this. He's knows he's 33 and is betting on himself, as he should.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

• I'm really glad Wilson is calling out Carroll's offense, I just gained a whole lot more respect for him. This is what I was waiting for, the competitive fire that you see with guys such as Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning. Everything Wilson is saying is the truth.

This is the Wilson i've been waiting to see, the true fierce competitor underneath the cooperate soldier image.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:It's a.matter of Russell wanted this to be HIS team, he wants the final say in all football matters. So it's no a matter of the OL, but the control of all Seahawks foot ball matters.

From what I have observed, the process and result of hiring of our new OC, Wilson wasn't involved enough, the latest outburst was a result of that.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Hogwash
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

• JustTheTip wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Not sure Jody is an involved owner. Who knows what happens behind the scenes though.

That would be sad.

I think it is very likely at this point that PC leaves with every part of his legacy destroyed but the SB win and the franchise right back where it was when he got here.

We're seeing even Belichick's legacy being called into question after one bad year without Brady.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

• I just find it interesting that Russ's comments mentioned Tom.

Remember, Tom purposely took less money for his entire career so the team could afford to have the personnel it needed to support Tom. It is only after 19 years, 9 super bowl appearances, and 6 super bowl wins was he able to get a team to allow him to have the input he wanted. He still took a significant pay cut compared to what he could have got on the market.

You can't ask to be the highest-paid player in the league when you negotiate, ask for significant input on the team's business decisions, and not have the record and history to back it up.

While Russ has done some amazing stuff, he has done some embarrassing stuff as well. He is a high risk, high reward player. Tom is a calculated player who is able to make plays happen much more consistently. Tom is a much safer investment.

For what Russ wants, I don't know that it is even possible. He needs ownership. Allow him to buy into the team at 2012 valuation, 1% ownership for each year he continues to play for the team. IE: He can buy 1% of the team for ~$10,000,000 in 2021,1% more in 2022 for an additional $10,000,000, 1% more in 2023 for an additional $10,000,000 and continuing until he leaves the team via trade/free agency/retirement.

Restructure his contract to something like $15,000,000 a year. This allows the team to work under the salary cap to afford better players. As an owner, he would have some say in the direction the team goes with personnel but would ultimately be a minority and could be overruled by Jody/Vulcan if the front office disagreed with Russ's ideas.

It also gives Russ and the Seahawks a future. Jody/Vulcan would still be the real owner of the team in effect by controlling 90% or more of the team. But, when Russ ultimately retires, he could take on a role in the management of the team.

This helps Russ realize his impossible dream of owning an NFL team, and allows Jody/Vulcan to keep the team in their portfolio without having to actively manage the day to day operations. They obviously aren't concerned about milking the most value out of the team as possible, that is against the Allen family beliefs. Allowing Russ to own a tiny piece wouldn't be a huge concession.

I am not Russ's biggest fan and it wouldn't hurt my feeling too much he was cut/traded. But it doesn't make sense just a couple of years ago they were fully bought in on him being the future of the franchise and now they'd dump him even though his play hasn't been terrible.

He has to realize that he put himself in the situation. Mr. anything for the team, went for the big paycheck instead of putting the team first. Somehow, a lot of people think of Tom as a primadonna, and Russ as a company man, but their actions prove otherwise.
    Redsand187
    NET Rookie

• Redsand187 wrote:I just find it interesting that Russ's comments mentioned Tom.

Remember, Tom purposely took less money for his entire career so the team could afford to have the personnel it needed to support Tom. It is only after 19 years, 9 super bowl appearances, and 6 super bowl wins was he able to get a team to allow him to have the input he wanted. He still took a significant pay cut compared to what he could have got on the market.

You can't ask to be the highest-paid player in the league when you negotiate, ask for significant input on the team's business decisions, and not have the record and history to back it up.

While Russ has done some amazing stuff, he has done some embarrassing stuff as well. He is a high risk, high reward player. Tom is a calculated player who is able to make plays happen much more consistently. Tom is a much safer investment.

For what Russ wants, I don't know that it is even possible. He needs ownership. Allow him to buy into the team at 2012 valuation, 1% ownership for each year he continues to play for the team. IE: He can buy 1% of the team for ~$10,000,000 in 2021,1% more in 2022 for an additional $10,000,000, 1% more in 2023 for an additional $10,000,000 and continuing until he leaves the team via trade/free agency/retirement.

Restructure his contract to something like $15,000,000 a year. This allows the team to work under the salary cap to afford better players. As an owner, he would have some say in the direction the team goes with personnel but would ultimately be a minority and could be overruled by Jody/Vulcan if the front office disagreed with Russ's ideas.

It also gives Russ and the Seahawks a future. Jody/Vulcan would still be the real owner of the team in effect by controlling 90% or more of the team. But, when Russ ultimately retires, he could take on a role in the management of the team.

This helps Russ realize his impossible dream of owning an NFL team, and allows Jody/Vulcan to keep the team in their portfolio without having to actively manage the day to day operations. They obviously aren't concerned about milking the most value out of the team as possible, that is against the Allen family beliefs. Allowing Russ to own a tiny piece wouldn't be a huge concession.

I am not Russ's biggest fan and it wouldn't hurt my feeling too much he was cut/traded. But it doesn't make sense just a couple of years ago they were fully bought in on him being the future of the franchise and now they'd dump him even though his play hasn't been terrible.

He has to realize that he put himself in the situation. Mr. anything for the team, went for the big paycheck instead of putting the team first. Somehow, a lot of people think of Tom as a primadonna, and Russ as a company man, but their actions prove otherwise.

Another ridiculous argument. Why on earth would he restructure to 15m a year? That basically makes him the second lowest paid QB not on a rookie deal, only ahead of Bridgewater at 14m. Like why would he fall on his sword for a myopic fanbase that thinks he owes them something?

And speaking of Brady, even on "team-friendly" contracts he was still within 5-10m of the highest paid QB in the league in any given year. Look at 2014 for example. He was paid about 6m less than Flacco in a year where the salary cap was 133m. Great, so he saves you 4% of the cap. Again, that's not gonna even come close to making or breaking your year.

It's not like he's playing at the min and saving you 20-30m a year. At best he gives you room for 1-2 extra free agents, and even then as a team you actually still have to sign the right players with that money.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

• ducks41468 wrote:
    Redsand187 wrote:I just find it interesting that Russ's comments mentioned Tom.

Another ridiculous argument. Why on earth would he restructure to 15m a year? That basically makes him the second lowest paid QB not on a rookie deal, only ahead of Bridgewater at 14m. Like why would he fall on his sword for a myopic fanbase that thinks he owes them something?

And speaking of Brady, even on "team-friendly" contracts he was still within 5-10m of the highest paid QB in the league in any given year. Look at 2014 for example. He was paid about 6m less than Flacco in a year where the salary cap was 133m. Great, so he saves you 4% of the cap. Again, that's not gonna even come close to making or breaking your year.

It's not like he's playing at the min and saving you 20-30m a year. At best he gives you room for 1-2 extra free agents, and even then as a team you actually still have to sign the right players with that money.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, but by taking any kind of cut, he’s not doing it for a myopic fan base, wouldn’t he be doing it for himself? Isn’t he the one who wants better players around him? He’s complaining, and yet his contract is part of the problem....
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Redsand187 wrote:I just find it interesting that Russ's comments mentioned Tom.

Tom also left new england when they couldnt surround him with the proper talent to compete anymore

and won a super bowl the next year
    misfit
    NET Veteran

• Russ is only voicing what I and many others have been saying for too many years. The difference being that he is approaching an ultimatum. "Get me an O-line or I am outa here."

Either they listen up or lose him, he isn't going to spend his last years in the league being knocked down every other play.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• I read that the Hawks have a huge cap hit / dead money with a trade so no way it happens. But I have a lot less faith than I did 2 weeks ago that Russ will be a Seahawk for life
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:I'm really glad Wilson is calling out Carroll's offense, I just gained a whole lot more respect for him. This is what I was waiting for, the competitive fire that you see with guys such as Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning. Everything Wilson is saying is the truth.

This is the Wilson i've been waiting to see, the true fierce competitor underneath the cooperate soldier image.

^^^^Good take.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• SNDavidson wrote:I think there's a rift between PC and Wilson, because PC appeases but doesn't really change much, and I think Russ doesn't feel like he's been taken seriously in house, nor does he believe that things will change by keeping things in house, so he's nudged via media, and he's frustrated. I feel the problems are mostly due to Carroll's offensive philosophy, he's rigid and his schematic limitations are lending to Wilson having to do too much, and to get hit, and they've been long figured out.

Wilson had to do something because he wants to get to the Superbowl and win it not go one and done in the playoffs and get killed in the process. Carroll's schemes actually have to be thrown out the window, he needs to keep away, hopefully they are actually doing that now with Waldron, it appears Wilson has lost faith after 9 years in PC to actually change much though.

This is my sense as well, and I will just add these thoughts.

Russ seemed pretty happy when Waldron was selected to be the new OC. By all reports, that was the man he wanted. But now, in the span of just a couple weeks since the Waldron hiring, we are seeing an unhappy Russ once again.

I really hope I'm wrong about this, but I'm wondering if this in an indication that in the initial meetings between Russ, PC, and Waldron, Pete is already showing signs of neutering Waldron's offense and putting his own spin on it, or objecting to many things Waldron wants to do with Russ and the offense in general. That would not be a stretch by any means, and could very well be contributing to Russ being unhappy with the direction the team is going in.

I don't think this is just about the OL. I think it's about the direction of the offense in general, and I think Pete is doing his typical micromanaging when it comes to controlling what the offense can and cannot run in Waldron's offensive scheme.
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

• TraderGary wrote:I don't think this is just about the OL. I think it's about the direction of the offense in general, and I think Pete is doing his typical micromanaging when it comes to controlling what the offense can and cannot run in Waldron's offensive scheme.

Is that it? Nothing it what Russ has said indicates that but his reference to getting sacked is pretty obvious. Other than just pure speculation on your part what evidence do you have to suggest that?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:I am going to guess Wilson has brought this up again and again in house.

Nothing has been fixed.

Sherman had a similar situation with the team, they even allowed him to go and find another team that wanted to trade for him. Pete and John said no to the offer and that was that.

But the difference we have this go around is it isn't about money with Wilson, every other discussion about QB's is contracts, Wilsons isn't.

These are my feelings as well. I firmly believe he's tried the philosophical route and nothing has changed. He probably feels this is the only option left to him.
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

• TraderGary wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I am going to guess Wilson has brought this up again and again in house.

Nothing has been fixed.

These are my feelings as well. I firmly believe he's tried the philosophical route and nothing has changed. He probably feels this is the only option left to him.

He could improve his play and become more consistent

So calling out his teammates, coaches and front office isnt really his ONLY option ;)
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information