2021 .net offseason

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Really looking forward ro free agency and the draft so we can see and participate in some real Seahawks football discussion. This is how I see .net so far this offseason:

:229031_banghead: :240039: :smilie=angry016.gif: :Dunno: :enraged: :RANT: :229031_confused2: :229031_shrug: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039:

kf3339

Reaction score
It's a shame, but this board in the off-season can be really hard to stomach or view most of the time. At least free agency and the upcoming draft will give us a little room to have meaningful discussions. At least I hope so! :irishdrinkers:

iigakusei

Reaction score
Well one of the best and most iconic players in Seahawks history is most likely going to be traded so it is understandable.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
While you may be "waiting" for free agency to start it seems like it has already. JJ Watts, Carson Wentz etc have signed or agreed to deals. We have even grabbed Alex Collins.

Truth is in the next week or two a ton of players including some of ours will be released and we will have to wait a couple weeks watching other teams sign good in-their-prime players while we wait and sign the Greg Olsens and Ziggy Ansahs of the league.

Add to that we have, so far, lost Dunlap and people keep saying we should release Adams - both of which I think are asinine moves. With KNJ still on staff and losing those two and another year on Wagner's body I could really see us having a full season instead of just a half season of historically bad defense.

We will trade down in the draft and end up with another pick or two but even when we get to those most of us will be disappointed when the pick someone a round or two earlier than they were projected (because everyone but PC is a dumb ass in evaluating talent right?). BUT, we will be even more disappointed when they get on the field and don't do jack (but then rookies NEVER play well and cannot perform in their first year - give them time you'll see :roll: .)

Such is the yearly cycle under PC.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There are bad PR moves and there are fatal PR moves. Letting Russell Wilson leave would be a fatal PR move.

Unless the trade would involve something like a Deshaun Watson and a smattering of #1s, this ain't happening folks.

It's time we realize sometimes smoke remains smoke and that these writers and media reporters have to earn paychecks during the offseason somehow.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Aros":ijyltmuc said:
There are bad PR moves and there are fatal PR moves. Letting Russell Wilson leave would be a fatal PR move.

Unless the trade would involve something like a Deshaun Watson and a smattering of #1s, this ain't happening folks.

It's time we realize sometimes smoke remains smoke and that these writers and media reporters have to earn paychecks during the offseason somehow.

Aros, I hear you and wish I could agree with you, but I would not put it past Pete Carroll to getting rid of Russ for draft picks, money, and lesser players. I just dont. If there is one thing Pete isnt lacking in, its ego.

I've always felt that where there is smoke, there's usually fire and I truly believe that is the case with Russell Wilson right now. He's had enough.

iigakusei

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3ulckery said:
Aros":3ulckery said:

Aros, I hear you and wish I could agree with you, but I would not put it past Pete Carroll to getting rid of Russ for draft picks, money, and lesser players. I just dont. If there is one thing Pete isnt lacking in, its ego.

I've always felt that where there is smoke, there's usually fire and I truly believe that is the case with Russell Wilson right now. He's had enough.
Agree 100%. And if RW wants out there is nothing they can do about it. He holds all the cards. His agent gave a list of teams RW would be traded to. The media didn't make that up unfortunately.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well if none of this talk had any substance to it then why isn't the team coming out publicly and squashing them???

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1tqs51ym said:
While you may be "waiting" for free agency to start it seems like it has already. JJ Watts, Carson Wentz etc have signed or agreed to deals. We have even grabbed Alex Collins.

Truth is in the next week or two a ton of players including some of ours will be released and we will have to wait a couple weeks watching other teams sign good in-their-prime players while we wait and sign the Greg Olsens and Ziggy Ansahs of the league.

Add to that we have, so far, lost Dunlap and people keep saying we should release Adams - both of which I think are asinine moves. With KNJ still on staff and losing those two and another year on Wagner's body I could really see us having a full season instead of just a half season of historically bad defense.

We will trade down in the draft and end up with another pick or two but even when we get to those most of us will be disappointed when the pick someone a round or two earlier than they were projected (because everyone but PC is a dumb ass in evaluating talent right?). BUT, we will be even more disappointed when they get on the field and don't do jack (but then rookies NEVER play well and cannot perform in their first year - give them time you'll see :roll: .)

Such is the yearly cycle under PC.

Being overly obtuse about these things is part of why the intelligent discourse here has been largely flushed down the toilet.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
iigakusei":1jhwce20 said:
pittpnthrs":1jhwce20 said:
Aros":1jhwce20 said:

Agree 100%. And if RW wants out there is nothing they can do about it. He holds all the cards. His agent gave a list of teams RW would be traded to. The media didn't make that up unfortunately.

Yes, Russell can throw a temper tantrum and have his agent keep telling the press he is not happy.

Unless, JS wants to eat a $39MM cap hit in a season where the cap is dropping and cripple the team there is nothing Russell can do other than be a malcontent. Dave Wyman was telling a story on 710 yesterday about a player in his day being a malcontent and going to the GM and tellign him he wanted to be traded. The GM said No. The Player said Why Not?.......GM, "Because I'm the one who approves all trades".

Next year, maybe if things don't get resolved on the OLine and the cap hit is less, the Hawks think about it. Nothing about it would make sense for the Seahawks right now, so I bet JS and/or Pete wouldn't let it happen. ..

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
iigakusei":8fgnv22t said:

He holds all the cards? Dude, he's signed through 2023. If we trade him this year we would eat $39 million of cap. How the hell is that Russ holding all the cards?? Come on now. Just a little common sense, .NET.

xray

Reaction score
I don't think he goes this season , but next . This season the Hawks will count on Wilson doing well because he will have to showcase himself for trade partners . maybe he plays out of his mind this season , it could happen . IMO

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
xray":2wgoqaja said:
I don't think he goes this season , but next .

Same. Another season of the same will just cause more festering.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Aros":22bfw4j4 said:
iigakusei":22bfw4j4 said:

He holds all the cards? Dude, he's signed through 2023. If we trade him this year we would eat $39 million of cap. How the hell is that Russ holding all the cards?? Come on now. Just a little common sense, .NET.
This isn’t 1984. He literally holds all the cards. That 39 million is a total red herring.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
iigakusei":pjc7jyhu said:
This isn’t 1984. He literally holds all the cards. That 39 million is a total red herring.

Nope. Hilarious though that you think he holds all the cards. You do you.

chris98251

Reaction score
The only way Russell really gets to leave is to restructure his contract. Now does he want money or a different environment, he can't tank or every player he plays with going forward will never respect him.

The way he gets out is making things uncomfortable for Pete, which he has so far, but he not be given a pass unless he meets them in the middle at least and a team is willing to take on what the cost is going to be.

Elemas

Reaction score
Well, if we’re going to trade him, may as well blow it all the way up. Time to release Adams, Lockett, and let DK walk when it’s time.

Give them a chance to prosper on a team that wants to win and not stay with a whiny ass FO that is salty that their franchise QB spoke up about the obvious.

Have always been a Hawks fan but at this point, I can honestly say I’d sit back and laugh at these fans and staff when/if RW is traded. Everyone who advocates such a trade would truly deserve it.

Besides, we’re bound to get tons of first round picks if we do all of the above. Lay at the bottom of the league for a few years. Boom. We can get right back into first round picking.

Collier, Penny, McDowell, here we come!!

Fkng ridiculous.