Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 6, Pick 208: Stone Forsythe, OT, Florida

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Seattle traded up to pick 208 to select Forsythe. They traded 217/250, and have no remaining picks in the 2021 draft barring a trade back in.

Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Sat May 01, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I guess we got our lineman!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Dane Brugler had him rated as the 12th OT, 3rd rounder.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• There we got an o lineman.

Happy now?!

Potential replacement for Duane Brown if he pans out
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• He looks athletic enough.

Needs to improve his pad level and stay disciplined to remain square with the defensive ends.

He looks like he can drive his legs better if he has more bend.

He’s tall, which will make his technique improvement all the more important but this is a great pick and if he develops his skill set he can be the starting LT after Brown.

Great value pick with a great name!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Looks like they traded their 7th 250

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• guys, go watch his games against Bama and Georgia last year. we got a steal here.
    Rule
    NET Practice Squad

• This is a steal in the 200 range. Many people had him ranked much higher. His technique and pad level can be coached. He's a really, really good lineman and has a chance to be a solid starter in the future.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:There we got an o lineman.

Happy now?!

Is Russ happy?John?Will Russ be able to see? :177692:
    To me this guy should be a RZ TE.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I love it
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

• IndyHawk wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:There we got an o lineman.

Happy now?!

Is Russ happy?John?Will Russ be able to see? :177692:
    To me this guy should be a RZ TE.

Yeah, maybe he'll be used in that 6 linemen package like George Fant was
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I REALLY like this pick. I was hoping they were going to pick Stone in the 4th and thought they missed out. Nice to see the Hawks were able get him...this was a steal.
    u0087966
    NET Practice Squad

• Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:

Well we want him tp play football not Wrestle, hope he is a better football player then the Rock was.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• A good prospect, needs a year in an NFL strength and conditioning program, needs technical refinement and plays a little high for my liking.

It's about as good as a shot you can take this late in the draft at a guy who could potentially start at LT in the not too distant future. Easily could be a swing tackle, 3rd tackle at the very least.

Interior O-Line additions will be addressed in the June 1 period.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Well we want him tp play football not Wrestle, hope he is a better football player then the Rock was.

See the leg difference in those picks. Dude needs to learn where the squat rack is. He has the feet to be a LT, but he has to build his body pronto.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Surprisingly nobody has yet to complain about how it was a mistake to trade up and that he would have been there at 217. So it was a waste of #250
    AlciG
    NET Starter

• That's a big boy. If he can put on a good 20+ pounds of muscle and get to 330-340 6'8" while also working on his pad level he could be a steal. We'll see.

For only 3 picks I do like what they did this year.
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

• 208. Seahawks, Stone Forsythe, OL, Florida
    Grade: B-

Classic Seahawks pick late in the draft. Forsythe looks like an enlarged tight end on the field. Super tall and lean. Effortless power. Crazy long. The pass-protection fundamentals are far from perfect at this stage. High upside but he is an older prospect.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

See the leg difference in those picks. Dude needs to learn where the squat rack is. He has the feet to be a LT, but he has to build his body pronto.

Agreed.

Hopefully, it’s just the angle of this photo but it looks like his legs are rather small and non existent!

Don’t skip leg day!

Strength and power all starts with the right foundation!

Get them legs bigger!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• PC/JS note that Stone is Hutch-approved, and Hutch worked him out personally.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Hutch approved, and a total chad. Legend.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• The early round OT prospects lacked length it would have been a mistake to draft OT early. The theme in this draft is the “small guy” Seahawks did a great job taking the right small guys & the right big guy.
    Love all our picks
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• So he's our future left tackle once Duane Brown retires or done after this season? (assuming he isn't going to resign)
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• Dont hate the pick but still super disappointed the C position hasent been addressed. Russ wanted OL help and only got Jackson so far.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:

Hutch approved, and a total chad. Legend.

They're*

His poor spelling may have been a reason he slid down draft boards
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Agreed.

Hopefully, it’s just the angle of this photo but it looks like his legs are rather small and non existent!

Don’t skip leg day!

Get them legs bigger!

I'm not sure the photo angle could cause that much difference in leg thickness, but if Hutch approves that is fine with me. He needs a pro weight training and eating program to get some solid weight this next year. I do like that he seems a natural at pass protection. That is a good starting point.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• Jerhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

They're*

Your (you're) the life of the party wherever you go, aren't you?
    The Breh
    NET Starter

• Jerhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

They're*

Did you see the date? I'm guessing he may have learned a thing or two since then.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Pretty good stroke to end a 3 man class. Given our limitations I think our FO did a great job and drafted according to PON.
    But the draft ain't over yet. We have the UDFA sessions to go through. I'm hopeful we find some gems in that pool. Seems to me this is the year that could happen.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Pretty good stroke to end a 3 man class. Given our limitations I think our FO did a great job and drafted according to PON.
    But the draft ain't over yet. We have the UDFA sessions to go through. I'm hopeful we find some gems in that pool. Seems to me this is the year that could happen.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• pittpnthrs wrote:Dont hate the pick but still super disappointed the C position hasent been addressed. Russ wanted OL help and only got Jackson so far.

I would look at udfa and also realize we're not done fa part 2 and 3 are still to come.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• This dude and the UDFA signing of wide receiver Cade Johnson look like potential steals.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Dont hate the pick but still super disappointed the C position hasent been addressed. Russ wanted OL help and only got Jackson so far.

I would look at udfa and also realize we're not done fa part 2 and 3 are still to come.

Center's fine. There wasn't anybody in the draft better than Pocic anyway. LG was our turnstile last year and now it is not. The whole line is going to be better.

Deep breath! :2thumbs:
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

• In the OP's Oklahoma game link, Forsythe switches to RT in the 2nd quarter and then back to LT later on.

Looks like we got versatility from the jump. It will be interesting to see where he pushes for playing time first.
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

• Damn, Wilson would have trouble seeing over this guy.
    5thgen
    NET Practice Squad

• As long as he doesn’t get injured Ogbuehi will win RT. He could send Shell to the trade market in August. Duane Brown is probably going to test the FA Market in 2022 and Ogbuehi could do the same, that’s why they were sweating bullets until they finally got to pick Forsythe.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• According to NFL.com grades https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prosp ... &year=2021 this guy is the sixth best OT of this years draft. Any clue why he fell to the 6th round? (Other than bad spelling :D ) Other similarly graded players were taken in rounds 1-3. This was a real value pick.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• FresnoHawk68 wrote:As long as he doesn’t get injured Ogbuehi will win RT. He could send Shell to the trade market in August. Duane Brown is probably going to test the FA Market in 2022 and Ogbuehi could do the same, that’s why they were sweating bullets until they finally got to pick Forsythe.

Brown isn't testing any FA market at his age. He will retire after his time with us.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• TwilightError wrote:According to NFL.com grades https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prosp ... &year=2021 this guy is the sixth best OT of this years draft. Any clue why he fell to the 6th round? (Other than bad spelling :D ) Other similarly graded players were taken in rounds 1-3. This was a real value pick.

He's a pretty bad run blocker. Isn't a fit for teams that run power scheme stuff. That's why there's such a huge variance in how he's graded by different sources.

Still, with his physical makeup and pass blocking prowess, he shouldn't have made in past round 4. He's a supreme value.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:PC/JS note that Stone is Hutch-approved, and Hutch worked him out personally.

Does that mean signing him will be difficult?
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Threedee wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:PC/JS note that Stone is Hutch-approved, and Hutch worked him out personally.

If he does enough as a pro to make re-signing him difficult, I'm all for it
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Threedee wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:PC/JS note that Stone is Hutch-approved, and Hutch worked him out personally.

I see what you did there. Thanks for rubbing lemon juice in that paper cut. :P
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• He is a very good pass protector, easy to see why, looks more like a power forward then a Tackle so has good feet and agility as well as reach, read up on him and he plays high as well.

His neck is narrow, he is not a work out guy I would think, not yet anyway. Duane Johnson was a defensive end and Tackle, different body type needed.

He needs upper body and as Fade stated some leg work a lot, then learn his technique. He has some very good guys to mentor him, this will be a Redshirt guy, that will get reps next year. We have PS guys that have been getting groomed that will be our emergency back ups.

This isn't a surprise, Pete regularly red shirts guys on the D and O line.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Rock has a few roid years head start on Stone!
    I like this pick, even if he sits on PS for a year. He's got some really good tutoring to absorb during DB's Monday-Thursday rest days.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• kf3339 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Agreed.

Don’t skip leg day!

Get them legs bigger!

I'm not sure the photo angle could cause that much difference in leg thickness, but if Hutch approves that is fine with me. He needs a pro weight training and eating program to get some solid weight this next year. I do like that he seems a natural at pass protection. That is a good starting point.

It’s partly the angle of the legs and it’s partly the lighting. I was primarily a professional photographer for 20+ years. Lighting is one of the most major impacts of any photograph. He might not have as thick legs as the rock but I’m fairly certain they aren’t as small as this picture portrays.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Own The West wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Dont hate the pick but still super disappointed the C position hasent been addressed. Russ wanted OL help and only got Jackson so far.

Center's fine. There wasn't anybody in the draft better than Pocic anyway. LG was our turnstile last year and now it is not. The whole line is going to be better.

I agree. Pocic will be better at center with more experience. Gabe Jackson will be a huge upgrade to one of the guard spots and Lewis played well as a rookie and will be better in year two. All that is left is bolstering our tackle depth. She’ll played well at RT last year so I see the entire unit as being an upgrade over last year.
    I think we’ll have the best guard duo we had in the PC era this year with Lewis and Jackson.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• The Breh wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

They're*

Your (you're) the life of the party wherever you go, aren't you?
    I don't quite get why some folks used your instead of you're, etc. It was a preference, right?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    Own The West wrote:
    John63 wrote:

I agree. Pocic will be better at center with more experience. Gabe Jackson will be a huge upgrade to one of the guard spots and Lewis played well as a rookie and will be better in year two. All that is left is bolstering our tackle depth. She’ll played well at RT last year so I see the entire unit as being an upgrade over last year.
    I think we’ll have the best guard duo we had in the PC era this year with Lewis and Jackson.

That's wishful thinking on both your parts. There is no way Creed would have been a backup to Pocic for center. But it doesn't matter now.

I'm still hoping a cut veteran center or trade happens before the season that puts Pocic to a backup player. He isn't starter material.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Next

It is currently Mon May 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information