Jamal's extension reveal ?

xray

Reaction score
What's the hold up ? I thought that this extension was settled ahead of the initial sighing . Make an arrangement and sign him . You gave up a ton for him . Get it done !

sutz

Reaction score
You have a source for this info? I haven't heard a peep, but then I'm not that connected with the inside info.

massari

Reaction score
Maybe he wants $20M APY, $50M fully guaranteed

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At present most agents are looking towards the future cap to decide when to finalize extensions. The large cap drop of this season has put the new deal for Adams on hold. The future cap situation for the Hawks is bright, Adams knows the team wants to keep him and will pay him too. I believe a deal will be done and both sides will be happy with it. Both sides are looking to future and Adams is being patient.

The Hawks traded an awful lot (1st & 3rd round picks 2021, + a1st round pick 2022) for this player who has been a constant Pro Bowl player since coming into the NFL. Adams was a solid addition to the D last season. There is little to no chance they won't re-sign this player in my opinion. He has proven value.

Some here will complain that the team is paying a SS big $, but fail to recognize the league is changing and getting after the QB is critical while stopping the run is fundamental a player who is chess piece like Adams who does both while being able to cover is special. He is a an unusual and special chess piece who needs to be game planned to negate. The complaints about his coverage skills are overblown and discount the way he was schemed to play last season. It needs to be remembered as well he was hurt and lost time last year yet still set a league record for sacks by a S.

i believe we will be watching Adams for quite a few more years as key pieceof the hawks D.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1a7n1347 said:
At present most agents are looking towards the future cap to decide when to finalize extensions. The large cap drop of this season has put the new deal for Adams on hold. The future cap situation for the Hawks is bright, Adams knows the team wants to keep him and will pay him too. I believe a deal will be done and both sides will be happy with it. Both sides are looking to future and Adams is being patient.

The Hawks traded an awful lot (1st & 3rd round picks 2021, + a1st round pick 2022) for this player who has been a constant Pro Bowl player since coming into the NFL. Adams was a solid addition to the D last season. There is little to no chance they won't re-sign this player in my opinion. He has proven value.

Some here will complain that the team is paying a SS big $, but fail to recognize the league is changing and getting after the QB is critical while stopping the run is fundamental a player who is chess piece like Adams who does both while being able to cover is special. He is a an unusual and special chess piece who needs to be game planned to negate. The complaints about his coverage skills are overblown and discount the way he was schemed to play last season. It needs to be remembered as well he was hurt and lost time last year yet still set a league record for sacks by a S.

i believe we will be watching Adams for quite a few more years as key pieceof the hawks D.

^ That's what everybody assumed including the press . Seattle wants this player . The parties have more than likely had numbers on the table for along time . Somebody is slow walking this extension . Who ? I'd say Adams is the speed bump .IMO

Spohawks

Reaction score
The Hawks needs DBs like a fish needs water. However a trade could be in play and slowing this down.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Spohawks":1glujyz7 said:
The Hawks needs DBs like a fish needs water. However a trade could be in play and slowing this down.

^
I'm hoping for a trade deal involving Gilmore . Might have to talk to Mr. Belickick !st . The Hawks are short on cash and have trade barter...Adams . Give me Gilmore . IMO

chris98251

Reaction score
Atlanta wants a first rounder for Jones, everyone wants Jones here it seems, Trade Adams and Wagner and Lockett for Jones and you should all be happy.

Seems like a Sydney Rice situation with a player at the end of his career with replicating Skills to DK, But hey everyone here wants to play Fantasy football these days anyway.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Adams - Gilmore trade . It feels right to me .

ivotuk

Reaction score
xray":20uzzc61 said:
Adams - Gilmore trade . It feels right to me .

Young and upcoming for old, was-been player? Been in the league for 10 years, wrong side of 30, short arms, declining stats, big paycheck.

Is Belicheck looking to get rid of him? Run away as far and fast as you can! Or be made to look the fool.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don’t get the unspoken dislike for Adams he balls out and makes a huge difference on the field. As football fans we should be happy to have him.

A trade of him for Gilmore is spitballing of the highest order. Doubtful it’d ever happen. The FO has done some odd things but that deal is unlikely for all the reasons stated above here.

Adams will sign a large back loaded deal with large guaranteed $. The deal will get done later this year when the cap situation has cleared up. At present I’d suspect the talks continue a general outline is close with the numbers but there are other priorities and those are the real focus.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3plg9lz1 said:
I don’t get the unspoken dislike for Adams he balls out and makes a huge difference on the field. As football fans we should be happy to have him.

A trade of him for Gilmore is spitballing of the highest order. Doubtful it’d ever happen. The FO has done some odd things but that deal is unlikely for all the reasons stated above here.

Adams will sign a large back loaded deal with large guaranteed $. The deal will get done later this year when the cap situation has cleared up. At present I’d suspect the talks continue a general outline is close with the numbers but there are other priorities and those are the real focus.

I think the sensed dislike is similar to posts we read about the vocal Richard Sherman. Fortunately, the team is run by those who are not afraid to work with outspoken young men as well as young men who misstep in their early years.

With regards to safeties, paying for a roster of safeties that excel on the field has some telling Seahawks payroll history ..........

Year ............. League Ranking
2013 .......................1st
2014 ....................... 1st
2015 ....................... 4th
2016 ....................... 2nd
2017 ....................... 2nd
2018 ........................ 1st
2019 ....................... 13th
2020 ....................... 18th
2021 training camp safety roster currently ranks 4th in payroll.

Current offense payroll $105,716,151. Current defense payroll $81,628,962. <<< top 51 players. That current defensive payroll ranks only 24th ..... well below this era's average.

Source >>> OTC

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":31e2fjsw said:
Atlanta wants a first rounder for Jones, everyone wants Jones here it seems, Trade Adams and Wagner and Lockett for Jones and you should all be happy.

Seems like a Sydney Rice situation with a player at the end of his career with replicating Skills to DK, But hey everyone here wants to play Fantasy football these days anyway.
There is a few of us who don't want him at all and you can poll that to see :irishdrinkers: