D’wayne needs more touches

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
But I enjoyed his rookie debut 28 all purpose yards on 3 touches and showed elusiveness in traffic. I’m sure Waldron has a few plays schemed up for him next week.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
He’s a rookie that was injured most offseason. I’m sure they are working him in slowly as they should. But he has true football speed. Interesting world when Lockett is our slow receiver.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":azk9fo73 said:
But I enjoyed his rookie debut 28 all purpose yards on 3 touches and showed elusiveness in traffic. I’m sure Waldron has a few plays schemed up for him next week.
He also got knocked out of the game, which is why he only had 3 touches. He did look good though.

sutz

Reaction score
We had 4 TD passes today. Not too worried about rushing a rook into the mix. :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1jmgjyz2 said:
ArlosSpecial":1jmgjyz2 said:
He also got knocked out of the game, which is why he only had 3 touches. He did look good though.
Love what he brings, need to stay healthy though.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I watch him and he just looks fragile out there. I cringe everytime he gets tackled.

PNW

Reaction score
Yeah he looked great until he got popped, some smaller guys know how to take hits(Lockett) some smaller guys don’t(Harvin), hopefully he can be smart about contact moving forward.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That was an absolute fluke injury, come on. His head bounced off the turf. As if that couldn't happen to ANY WR in the league. He is going to be a big time contributor on this team. WAY too early to start the he's injury prone crap. :irishdrinkers:

BASF

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":174ozbui said:
That was an absolute fluke injury, come on. His head bounced off the turf. As if that couldn't happen to ANY WR in the league. He is going to be a big time contributor on this team. WAY too early to start the he's injury prone crap. :irishdrinkers:

He lowered his head and got a forearm shiver to the head for his trouble, which prompted his head to hit the turf the way it did.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Eskridge reminds me of Harvin, without the locker room cancer personality.

Now he just needs to learn that when you're 5'9 and 180 lbs you need to run out of bounds and not take big hits by 230 lb safeties.

But yes, so far, I love how he's being integrated into the offense by Waldron. Something this offense was SORELY lacking under previous coordinators, a skill player that can stretch the field so teams have to respect that and not just pack 8-9 defenders in the box between the hash marks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have a feeling he learned a little something yesterday. Again, this was his first ever game in the NFL.
They will be in his ear big time to get out of bounds, live for another play etc.
But, I'm not gonna' fault a guy for playing hard, ever.

BASF

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2cryt2c4 said:
I have a feeling he learned a little something yesterday. Again, this was his first ever game in the NFL.
They will be in his ear big time to get out of bounds, live for another play etc.
But, I'm not gonna' fault a guy for playing hard, ever.

There is a massive difference between playing hard and ducking your helmet to the point you can not see the tackler coming at you. Still have to have the helmet high enough that you can see that forearm coming at you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
First game in the NFL, EVER. A pro football player put his head down when he should have stepped out of bounds. I mean, that never happens. Tough crowd

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3172v89g said:
Eskridge reminds me of Harvin, without the locker room cancer personality.

Now he just needs to learn that when you're 5'9 and 180 lbs...
FWIW, he's listed at 5'9" and 190, which is a more compact body style than the 5'9" and 180 that you assigned to him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11j8mvrd said:
Yeah, we don't want guys playing hard. Carson and Disley truck someone, it gets celebrated. :?

Eskeridge is not Carson or Dissly. They are big, muscle bound Cro Magnon men.

Eskeridge is a 21st century speedster and needs to not lower his head.

I'm sure you were thinking "What did I just post" as soon as you hit Submit :D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I get it, but it's one play. If he keeps doing it, then I'll get worried about it 8)
And Disley and Carson have also had their share of injuries. In part BECAUSE of how hard they play.
I'm not saying I want him to put his head down. I'm saying it's a kid in his NFL debut playing hard.
There is a zero percent chance that Pete and the coaches didn't let him know that he needs to just get out of bounds.