Jon Gruden is Available...

W

Welshers

SB winning pedigree and a guy who wins the locker room. Was doing well with the Raiders before his personal emails were exposed by a leak. It would be the ultimate "F You" to the NFL. They never even disciplined him, just made Raiders fire him. That means he is free to join the league again.

Rat

Reaction score
I havn't heard much from Jody Allen, but I imagine this is exactly the kind of attention she would want for this franchise. Maybe we can also trade for DeShaun Watson. That would REALLY stick it to the league.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Rat":1ddr0mag said:
I havn't heard much from Jody Allen, but I imagine this is exactly the kind of attention she would want for this franchise. Maybe we can also trade for DeShaun Watson. That would REALLY stick it to the league.
If we get Gruden and Watson we'd win a SB

HawksSoc

Reaction score
He's a disgrace, and doesn't deserve to come close to an NFL team again. Winning isn't worth that.

PNW

Reaction score
While I agree that the things he said were absolutely wrong, he was the fall guy for the league, I guarantee there were other emails even worse than Gruden’s in those 650k emails they uncovered, goodell got his panties in a bunched and he’s not allowed to touch any owners so they went after Jon. Personally I’m for forgiveness, he’s already been punished by being removed from the bucs history and being fired from the Raiders.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Welshers":2cgniy42 said:
his personal emails

Everything I've seen/heard indicates the emails we've heard about were on his work account. If true, these were not his personal emails.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Hard pass.

Gruden's coaching career is over. Winning the locker room? Not in a league where the majority of players are AA.

DeShawn Watson is talented ... except he can't get out of his own way.

Both will cause more problems than they solve. Next.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. I'm sure you all would be thrilled with his first round flubs and mediocre records. Beyond thrilled, even.

More grass-is-greenerism.

Stud

Reaction score
HawksSoc":36vtrnpc said:
He's a disgrace, and doesn't deserve to come close to an NFL team again. Winning isn't worth that.

Agreed. Same with Colin Kaepernick. Winning isn't everything when someone is a a piece of ----

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2xbgwl31 said:
Oh, yeah. I'm sure you all would be thrilled with his first round flubs and mediocre records. Beyond thrilled, even.

Carroll won a Super Bowl a decade more recently than Gruden.

After winning one, Gruden's TB record:

2003 -> 7-9, Missed Playoffs
2004 -> 5-11, Missed Playoffs
2005 -> 11-5, Lost at home in Wild Card Game
2006 -> 4-12, Missed Playoffs
2007 -> 9-7, Lost Wild Card Game
2008 -> 9-7, Missed Playoffs

After Coming Back to OAK/LV:

2018 -> 4-12, Missed Playoffs
2019 -> 7-9, Missed Playoffs
2020 -> 8-8, Missed Playoffs
2021 -> 2-2, Resigned

If you're going to take the risk and move on from Carroll, I don't see why this is the coach you pick.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I thought this was a joke thread and was shocked to see the OP was serious

hawker84

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":33g1cpnu said:

Some folks around here are more than happy with division banners and first round defeats.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
hawker84":209995mu said:
Maelstrom787":209995mu said:

Some folks around here are more than happy with division banners and first round defeats.

No, but It beats finishing under .500 and missing the playoffs each year. Go ask the NY Jets what it's like to not go to a Super Bowl for 50 years. Or the Detroit Lions who have never gone to a Super Bowl. At least when we get into the tournament, we have a chance.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
If you see Everyone in America as..Americans. Black, white, gay, etc...Then Gruden's issues should make you not even want to look in his direction.

chris98251

Reaction score
You do realize Grudens Super Bowl win was due to knowing both sides of the Raiders playbook on defense and offense, he even knew the line calls and audibles. The bad part is playing the Bucs the Raiders didn't change anything, they were tipping their plays and didn't know it, Bucs defenders and those on offense knew what the Raiders were going to do before they did it.

Thats how Gruden won a Super Bowl.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Welshers":2hj4ta0k said:
Rat":2hj4ta0k said:
If we get Gruden and Watson we'd win a SB

We would have a better future with those two.

I think the Raiders lobbied to get the emails and other things outed, to get out of a contract that they regretted. Is Al Davis still running that team? Getting rid of Gruden twice, stupid times 3.

Chapow

Reaction score
hawker84":erdj56en said:
Maelstrom787":erdj56en said:

Some folks around here could really stand to come up with a new strawman.

No one is happy to lose in the playoffs. I'd be willing to bet that any Seahawks fan that is a big enough fan to bother posting and reading this forum is just as frustrated, disappointed, and pissed off as you are every time we lose a playoff game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can't even think of a more overrated coach in NFL history than Gruden........and now he's got a stink on him that he'll never be able to get off.

flv

Reaction score
First football fans on the Moon: "Let's cut down some trees and start a fire".