Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DK trade options?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
DK trade options?
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:13 am
  • I love DK, but I’m not sure if paying him a record deal is gonna benefit our team in the long run. Maybe we can flip him to Detroit for their 2022 first rounder?
    PNW
    NET Veteran

Re: DK trade options?
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:25 am
  • Why would a team with no QB trade for a WR?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:31 am
  • Let's trade DK, RW and TL and get a haul of picks. Then we can get a bunch of mediocre players and let them compete with the rest of our mediocre roster to see who is the best of the mediocre. Kind of our modus at Seattle.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:25 am
  • Trade him to Vikings for WR Justin Jefferson.
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:52 am
  • If you are trading DK, or even Russ and DK, I’m not totally confident that John Schneider will get maximum trade value. And that makes trading less than ideal. Last off-season teams would have given the moon, but he has brought a lot of negative attention on himself which hurts the return. At this point you would only trade him if you think his issues will get worse. A down year and an off-season of reflection should force him to rethink and refocus, especially if he wants a big fat new contract. Considering what we paid for Adam’s, I would want 2 firsts plus. Call that crazy, but he is super cheap right now and has massive upside in the right situation. Run blocks too.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:25 pm
  • I'm all for a bunch of trades to get great picks ONLY if JS is fired.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:30 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:Let's trade DK, RW and TL and get a haul of picks. Then we can get a bunch of mediocre players and let them compete with the rest of our mediocre roster to see who is the best of the mediocre. Kind of our modus at Seattle.

This^^^
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:50 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:I'm all for a bunch of trades to get great picks ONLY if JS is fired.

I think you spelled Pete Carroll wrong.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Location: In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history..

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:52 pm
  • This player has been a refreshing good solid draft pick who has turned into a bit of a steal, why trade him when he clearly is the type of big and fast WR the team has been looking to get for quite a while?

Seems like a dumb idea to me.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:02 pm
  • Trade him for high picks, then sign a UFA:

Godwin
    Antonio Brown
    OBJ
    Christian Kirk
    Sammy Watkins
    Mike Williams
    JuJu
    Allen Robinson
    massari
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:18 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:This player has been a refreshing good solid draft pick who has turned into a bit of a steal, why trade him when he clearly is the type of big and fast WR the team has been looking to get for quite a while?

Too many holes from bad JS picks/trades..Plus we have no 1st this year(bad trade)
    A rebuild has to happen sooner than later.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:59 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:This player has been a refreshing good solid draft pick who has turned into a bit of a steal, why trade him when he clearly is the type of big and fast WR the team has been looking to get for quite a while?

Doesn't make any sense to me either. Building off of what DeKaylin Zecharius brings to the offense makes a lot of team building sense.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:17 pm
  • Like with most players it depends completely on how contract negotiations go.

Ideally, we'll be able to extend DK at an amount that makes him very well paid but also acknowledges the value he gets from a large guaranteed amount of dollars this off-season rather than having to play for $1.5m, possibly getting hurt, and possibly getting franchised in following years.

However, DK could take out insurance and be dead set on playing out his last year and hitting UFA unless we significantly overpay him. In that case we'd absolutely need to trade him before we either had to pay him too much or let him walk without fair compensation.

It's really too early to take a stance either way unless you know something about DK's contract negotiations that isn't public knowledge.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:48 pm
  • If you are going to make big trades Pete and John have to be gone.
    You can get a great haul of picks by trading off your superstars but if the guys doing the picking are continually missing on every 1st and 2nd round pick you take, then the picks mean nothing.

If you are going to do a rebuild, don’t half ass it.
    Everyone goes and you start from scratch.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:58 pm
  • DK has a family of NFL players he can hear from, he isn't going to settle for a bargain he knows he has shown the league they messed up not picking him, he is going to go after a correction contract. If we rebuild we need what he could bring us, he will not sign here unless we have a team that has a positive trajectory and an offense that is more than 3 and out 80 percent of the time.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:38 pm
  • might as well get some trade value for him if they aren’t even gonna target him during games
    PNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:03 pm
  • PNW wrote:I love DK, but I’m not sure if paying him a record deal is gonna benefit our team in the long run. Maybe we can flip him to Detroit for their 2022 first rounder?

Detroit is going to have the first pick in the 2022 draft. The value of that pick is far greater.
    12th And Loud
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:16 pm
  • 12th And Loud wrote:
    PNW wrote:I love DK, but I’m not sure if paying him a record deal is gonna benefit our team in the long run. Maybe we can flip him to Detroit for their 2022 first rounder?

Detroit is going to have the first pick in the 2022 draft. The value of that pick is far greater.

Don’t they have two 1st’s?
    PNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:21 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:Let's trade DK, RW and TL and get a haul of picks. Then we can get a bunch of mediocre players and let them compete with the rest of our mediocre roster to see who is the best of the mediocre. Kind of our modus at Seattle.

A Super Bowl win... 9 straight winning seasons since Wilson arrived... 8 of which were playoff appearances. I've said it before and I'll said it again... Seattle fans are so spoiled by all the success. While it's true the Seahawks haven't done much in the playoffs since the LOB rode off into the sunset it's still a run better than pretty much every team in the NFL in that time.

So 2021 was a down year... was bound to happen sooner or later... and it happened pretty later.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information