Looks like Russ is back

LTH

Reaction score
He looks ok... cant really see my wife is going nuts lmao!!!!

Lth

olyfan63

Reaction score
He just took 3 layups and had a TD... but Everett of all people fouled it up. Can't fault Russell, he put the ball right there, found the open guy.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Definately looks 1000x better than the rest of the season so far.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Looks like either Russ bought into the Waldron offense of take what's there, or Pete gave in.
Beautiful.
I really like him getting the ball out quick. Don't think I've seen this for awhile.

John63

Reaction score
Mjolnir":16i4rwny said:
Looks like either Russ bought into the Waldron offense of take what's there, or Pete gave in.
Beautiful.
I really like him getting the ball out quick. Don't think I've seen this for awhile.

Or despite what we have been told his finger in now 100%.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":26s3x8l1 said:
Mjolnir":26s3x8l1 said:
Beautiful.

He looked good john63... I'm very happy he worked through all that adversity...Hopefully he is 100 % still had a couple that sailed on him but hw did A GOOD JOB TONIGHT!

LTH

seabowl

Reaction score
John63":159dvaj7 said:
Mjolnir":159dvaj7 said:
Beautiful.

It was way more his head than finger the last 3 weeks.

balakoth

Reaction score
Great game by him.. I doubt the finger is "100 percent" there were a few passes I didnt expect from him.

He normally puts that ball in closer to the end zone on the DK bomb. That shoulda been an easy TD for those two. DK was beating up Norman all day

At least its progress forward though

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
balakoth":298hfkiq said:
Great game by him.. I doubt the finger is "100 percent" there were a few passes I didnt expect from him.

He normally puts that ball in closer to the end zone on the DK bomb. That shoulda been an easy TD for those two. DK was beating up Norman all day

At least its progress forward though

That Long pass to Lockett just off his fingers was an amazing throw... 99% of the time locket catches that ball

LTH

Mjolnir

Reaction score
John63":153aryya said:
Mjolnir":153aryya said:
Beautiful.

He seems to be going through his progressions but this time seemingly paying more attention to getting the ball out quicker. That has nothing to do with the finger THOUGH the finger definitely influences accuracy of the passes. The fact that some of the passes were "close" to vintage Russ-accuracy seem to indicate it isn't completely 100% yet.

But that has nothing to do at all with making the decision to "take what's there".

NINEster

Reaction score
Too early to judge.

You have the remaining 5 games to decide.

Wilson could have played the game in a cast and still ******* won.

Accuracy, judgment, mobility, and luck are all maximized when playing the San Francisco 49ers.

Same goes for your defense. Wagner is at 2013 level, and the remainder of the defense is close to it as well.

edogg23

Reaction score
I’d say he was definitely better than the last 3 games. But considering how many times the offense got the ball starting on the 49ers side of the field 21 points scored on offense isn’t that great.

olyfan63

Reaction score
NINEster":dacfw06h said:
Too early to judge.

You have the remaining 5 games to decide.

Wilson could have played the game in a cast and still f*** won.

Accuracy, judgment, mobility, and luck are all maximized when playing the San Francisco 49ers.

Same goes for your defense. Wagner is at 2013 level, and the remainder of the defense is close to it as well.

I thought Russell was doing a good job of not forcing it. SF was also missing Dre Greenlaw, who plays well in pass D and has one of the better picks off Russell I've ever seen.

The Rams game is always the test for Russell...

Our D did seem to play well, aside from the nearly 200 yards for Kittle. Can't tell if that's a mirage or just a divisional game against a well-known opponent.

toffee

Reaction score
I have been insisting Wilson's accuracy issues were finger related, he should have rested his injured finger the past three weeks. When he wasn't accurate, it affected his confidence.

Glad that his injury in improving, we can see a more accurate Russ and he will keep improving.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

hawker84

Reaction score
seabowl":enrirj37 said:
John63":enrirj37 said:
Mjolnir":enrirj37 said:
Beautiful.

It was way more his head than finger the last 3 weeks.

And you know this for certain how exactly? You got the inside scoop?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He didn't stop being a great QB. Not sure why people are surprised by what they saw. He's still damn good.
And yes, he was struggling.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20dts8tv said:
He didn't stop being a great QB. Not sure why people are surprised by what they saw. He's still damn good.

I've said this so many times...Every great QB goes through issues ...the QB's that are great, are the QB's that swallow their ego and make the adjustments they need to make to win... essentially working through the adversity of the situation. at least through the last game, Wilson has done that, and it seems as though Carroll has done that as well by simplifying the offense and getting Wilson to buy in... at this point in the season what more could anybody want.

I think this team is turning. maybe a bit to late but it's happening... let's hope they can win out and somehow make the playoffs if that happens it's a new ball game.

Holmgren used to say all you have to do is make the playoffs then ANYTHING can happen. at this point they make the play off it would exceed expectation for the crappy year

LTH

cymatica

Reaction score
LTH":1pdpdyao said:
SoulfishHawk":1pdpdyao said:

I've said this so many times...Every great QB goes through issues ...the QB's that are great, are the QB's that swallow their ego and make the adjustments they need to make to win... essentially working through the adversity of the situation. at least through the last game, Wilson has done that, and it seems as though Carroll has done that as well by simplifying the offense and getting Wilson to buy in... at this point in the season what more could anybody want.

I think this team is turning. maybe a bit to late but it's happening... let's hope they can win out and somehow make the playoffs if that happens it's a new ball game.

Holmgren used to say all you have to do is make the playoffs then ANYTHING can happen. at this point they make the play off it would exceed expectation for the crappy year

LTH

He was not ready for the Green bay and Arizona game and it was a big coaching failure to start him or at least not bench him

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
cymatica":1xsbcp78 said:
LTH":1xsbcp78 said:
SoulfishHawk":1xsbcp78 said:

LTH

He was not ready for the Green bay and Arizona game and it was a big coaching failure to start him or at least not bench him

Depends on your perspective...We are not doctors. could have been he was experiencing intermittent numbness in his hand and that was the issue, or it could have been he was just out of rhythm or a combination of both we don't have the information to make that determination. but its your opinion... Ok...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But how does that make him "selfish" or "putting himself above the team?"
Sure heard that nonsense over and over. Lord Rodgers or Brady come back early, they would be called tough guys who only care about winning etc. We can disagree all day, and I'm ok with that. PETE has the power to see what's in front of his eyes. He wasn't ready, the coach should see that. Do you honestly think Bill B. would let his starter play if he sailed a couple after that injury? Nope