Who do you keep?

• Pete Carroll

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters

AKNFidel

Reaction score
No idea what Jody may or may not do…but this is what I think needs to happen.

Emotionally, I want everyone gone Pete & coaching staff, Wilson, and Schneider.

Realistically, I’d be ok with just Pete & the coaching staff. Let a new coach & OC decide if Wilson fits in their system. If Wilson doesn’t fit, I’m ok with trading him.

Schneider might be an asset to keep if looking for a QB in the future and I wonder how much influence was being pushed from Pete on the ridiculous trades and subpar drafts. Either way I’m 50/50 with Schneider.

Pete & Norton must go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3094u9qu said:
If you were Jody and you are going to make a big change what do you do?

I hate this binary question, which everyone is asking. It smacks of increased denialism (see https://archive.is/1cEze#selection-413.0-417.81) and not moving on through the football stages of rebuilding.

Not accusing you of this btw. But to answer the question, I'd keep Pete because Russell simply has more trade value and a heavy contract. I can definitely see the Lions doing a reverse Stafford to unload Goff for example. I can see the Broncs, Giants doing the same. Take those picks, hopefully not immediate. See what Pete can do when he's put in a 2020 Belichick situation.

toffee

Reaction score
83% voted for Pete, 17% for Russ.

Some on team Russ, media consultants, publicists, interns, bros, buds, will be let go. Simply not doing good enough job, how could ole Pete out poll Russ on dot net?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
C. Carroll gone, Schneider gone, Wilson gone

Gotta rebuild.

Carroll is absolutely delusional if he doesn’t think a rebuild is necessary.

What an absolute joke he has become.

Anyone with outside eyes can see whatever Carroll has been doing this year (and definitely) years past, has not worked out and he has no answers and doesn’t make any changes.

The NFL and more importantly NFC West has ran laps around Carroll and Carroll thinks he can make a come back without making any changes or modern day NFL adjustments.

Utterly, embarrassing.

Carroll’s continual incompetence has become most taxing.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":29o70cg2 said:

Some on team Russ, media consultants, publicists, interns, bros, buds, will be let go. Simply not doing good enough job, how could ole Pete out poll Russ on dot net?

you spoke to soon lol

cymatica

Reaction score
I put keep Russ only because Pete has to go. Can't blame all of the current problems on offense and defense on 1 player. Wilson didn't decide to keep Norton and start Flowers. Wilson doesn't constantly waste timeouts and challenges. Wilson also didn't have the final say in starting too early after injury.

Wilson has his problems, but maybe a fresh start with a new head coach that has that Mike Holmgren edge can help him overcome some bad habits.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":3binu9z9 said:
toffee":3binu9z9 said:

you spoke to soon lol

I pressed the panic button, Mr. Wilson responded with sending his trusted lieutenant to right the stupid poll.

Mission accomplished.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm done with Russ, at least on his current contract or anything close to it. I've seen too many NON-clutch moments from him the past couple years to know that I have lost confidence in him. His Houdini act is gone, but he still thinks he has it. The result, he takes way too sacks. It seems like the league has figured him out and he has no counter moves left. I am convinced he cannot carry a team on his back.

I go back and forth on Pete. But the question was Pete or Russ. Between the 2, I'd rather see Russ gone. I could see us getting back on track quickly with some additional money for top tier free agents and a couple first round draft picks, which would all be possible if we let Russ go. If we wipe out the entire coaching staff and keep Russ, how many OC's will this be for him? Enough is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KinesProf

Reaction score
Excited: Russ with brand new HC & GM

Okay with: Russ with JS solely in charge (I really don't know how to judge him given Pete's influence)

Could be sold on: trading Russ, PC/JS embark on full -on 2010 style reset. Better roster, more sellable assets to start with than in 2010.

Definitely not: status quo

Wild card: JS or new GM hire a new HC & trade Russ (though probably not a fair situation to properly assess a new HC)

KinesProf

Reaction score
James in PA":jnyheh5o said:
I'm done with Russ, at least on his current contract or anything close to it. I've seen too many NON-clutch moments from him the past couple years to know that I have lost confidence in him. His Houdini act is gone, but he still thinks he has it. The result, he takes way too sacks. It seems like the league has figured him out and he has no counter moves left. I am convinced he cannot carry a team on his back.

I go back and forth on Pete. But the question was Pete or Russ. Between the 2, I'd rather see Russ gone. I could see us getting back on track quickly with some additional money for top tier free agents and a couple first round draft picks, which would all be possible if we let Russ go. If we wipe out the entire coaching staff and keep Russ, how many OC's will this be for him? Enough is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points.

My hesitation with that line of thinking is how bad Rodgers looked late in the McCarthy tenure. The man looked done. Completely rejuvenated, even at an advanced age, since the change in HC and modernisation of the offense.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
I rather see Pete gone and Wilson stays but if the hawks can trade him for a few early round picks, I am for it too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":26u153xt said:
C. Carroll gone, Schneider gone, Wilson gone

Gotta rebuild.

Carroll is absolutely delusional if he doesn’t think a rebuild is necessary.

What an absolute joke he has become.

Anyone with outside eyes can see whatever Carroll has been doing this year (and definitely) years past, has not worked out and he has no answers and doesn’t make any changes.

The NFL and more importantly NFC West has ran laps around Carroll and Carroll thinks he can make a come back without making any changes or modern day NFL adjustments.

Utterly, embarrassing.

Carroll’s continual incompetence has become most taxing.

This.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Damn it, I read it too quickly and selected the wrong option. I picked Russ, thinking it was to get rid of rather than to keep him. Russ ain’t changing. Moon ball or bust and this season has really illustrated that mindset. I feel like I’m watching one of his off-season practices at his personal practice field.

Those that say Pete can’t or won’t change no matter what, I ask what’s your thoughts on him changing his long standard on defensive backs? He always required DBs to have at minimum 32” arms. Outside CBs had to have this requirement, something he had in place for a decade. He changed his stance.

Pete has a bunch of flaws, but I’m done with Russ. Trade him.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Pete is still committed to this franchise and this team. I think Russell is committed to his Legacy and his brand. It is getting harder and harder to root for Russell the more highly he thinks of himself and his skill set.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3m07rf61 said:
I think Pete is still committed to this franchise and this team. I think Russell is committed to his Legacy and his brand. It is getting harder and harder to root for Russell the more highly he thinks of himself and his skill set.

I have to agree, seeing tweets like this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1475654095386005509[/tweet]

Retweeting how Myers says the bad kick was "all on him" by saying that Myers is among the best in the league, to cover up the fact that Russ put him 13 yards back.

Just sums it up for me, really.

toffee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1aotkfm8 said:
Wenhawk":1aotkfm8 said:

I have to agree, seeing tweets like this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1475654095386005509[/tweet]

Retweeting how Myers says the bad kick was "all on him" by saying that Myers is among the best in the league, to cover up the fact that Russ put him 13 yards back.

Just sums it up for me, really.

Although I advocated to trade Russ in last off-season, I respectfully disagree with ya on this one. Russ was doing his leadership thing to support a battered teammate, and doing it publicly. No doubt that it would be easier if the distance could be 15 yards closer, but it wasn't out of Myers' range.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It feels like the biggest question looming is not Pete vs Russ.

The biggest question is whether Pete can be effective anymore under ANY QB?

Not sure the answer is yes.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’d guess that somewhere north of 80% of the head coaches in the game would love to have Russ.

I’d also guess that at least 50% of the owners wouldn’t even give Pete an interview.

If an NFL team were a jigsaw puzzle, I’d say the QB is the key piece.

YMMV