Ian Rapoport reports Wilson not getting traded

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I wonder what it means. Of course you don’t want to show your hand this early in the bidding process. They need to have open ears to any and all offers thrown their way in terms of reaping draft capital in a trade.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It means that everything you've heard about big changes has been people like Salk taking his talking points from this board, and that they have zero basis in reality.

toffee

Reaction score
It means two things:
Pete is not getting fired;
Pete is not setting Russ free.

Russ has two diehard fans, #2 of those two is none other than our own J63, he is #2 because Pete Carroll is Russell Wilson's #1 diehard fan. Pete will never let Russ go, he will PeteBall Russ as long as he could.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rapoport didn't say that "Wilson is not getting traded". What he said was that the Hawks have no plans to trade him. Big difference.

There's not much new information that can be gleaned from that report. Sitting down with the HC at the end of the season is commonplace with every team and every coaching situation. It's like your annual review at work.

keasley45

Reaction score
RiverDog":8te3i65f said:
Rapoport didn't say that "Wilson is not getting traded". What he said was that the Hawks have no plans to trade him. Big difference.

There's not much new information that can be gleaned from that report. Sitting down with the HC at the end of the season is commonplace with every team and every coaching situation. It's like your annual review at work.

Which is no difference from last year. They had no plans but obviously fielded calls.

And Russ didn't start his pitch campaign until after the superbowl.

Not saying that the good vibes surrounding the team right now won't stick. Just that things can change, regardless of whether the Hawks brass prefer he stay or not.

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":24b1jiv2 said:
RiverDog":24b1jiv2 said:

Which is no difference from last year. They had no plans but obviously fielded calls.

And Russ didn't start his pitch campaign until after the superbowl.

Not saying that the good vibes surrounding the team right now won't stick. Just that things can change, regardless of whether the Hawks brass prefer he stay or not.

If Pete stays, he will hold on to Russ. Therefore, the ball is in Russell's court, if he wants to leave, he have to put it on the table.

Two new factors in all these, the emergence of Rashaad Penny and improving OL, will Russ want to leave? If Penny can consistently perform like he has for the last 5 games, he will be a 1500 yards back, that ought to make any QB's life easier. If you watch Penny's runs, he didn't have to break too many tackles or push piles, lanes were there to for him, so the improved running game is as much OL as RB. Guess what, our OL other than Brown is young and likely to improve even more.

As bad as '21 season, the new personnel that we discovered in DBs and OL is leading me to think '22 could be quite good. As bad as '21, we still could be in the playoff if a few points swung out way, we could easily be 9-8 with that we shall be the wildcard, we afterall owned 9ers.

Needless to say, balanced attack, a run dominated offense will have full blessing from Pete Carroll.

RiverDog

Reaction score
toffee":zvaj3xms said:
If Pete stays, he will hold on to Russ. Therefore, the ball is in Russell's court, if he wants to leave, he have to put it on the table.

Two new factors in all these, the emergence of Rashaad Penny and improving OL, will Russ want to leave? If Penny can consistently perform like he has for the last 5 games, he will be a 1500 yards back, that ought to make any QB's life easier. If you watch Penny's runs, he didn't have to break too many tackles or push piles, lanes were there to for him, so the improved running game is as much OL as RB. Guess what, our OL other than Brown is young and likely to improve even more.

As bad as '21 season, the new personnel that we discovered in DBs and OL is leading me to think '22 could be quite good. As bad as '21, we still could be in the playoff if a few points swung out way, we could easily be 9-8 with that we shall be the wildcard, we afterall owned 9ers.

Needless to say, balanced attack, a run dominated offense will have full blessing from Pete Carroll.

The ball always has been in Russell's court. He has a no trade clause in his contract.

We declined to pick up Penny's 5th year option, so he's a free agent and will command a pretty penny (pun intended), likely a multi year deal in the neighborhood of $10M a season. It's doubtful that we'll make a run at him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
There’s no good qb on the draft. Why would we trade him?

seabowl

Reaction score
I still say it’s at least 50/59 that he gets traded. If they get a huge offer for him they may take it especially if Pete stays which I think he isn’t going anywhere. What reports are coming out now mean absolutely nothing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Imagine if Ian was reporting that Wilson wants to be traded. People would eat that up like a big plate of ribs.
But if someone reports he's staying..............take it with a grain of salt. :irishdrinkers:

TCHawks

Reaction score
toffee":me0mcug6 said:
It means two things:
Pete is not getting fired;
Pete is not setting Russ free.

Russ has two diehard fans, #2 of those two is none other than our own J63, he is #2 because Pete Carroll is Russell Wilson's #1 diehard fan. Pete will never let Russ go, he will PeteBall Russ as long as he could.

What's wrong with being a fan of Russ? The guy is putting up all time great type of numbers and success 10 years into the league. I think it's more odd to think he sucks inspite of everything pointing to the contrary. Just an odd insult to throw at someone. Are you an anti Russ fan?

Russ isn't going anywhere unless he tries to force their hand and they give in. I wouldnt

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Here's the quote

the #Seahawks’ plans to keep Russell Wilson

This does not = "not getting traded."

It means Pete and John are staying, and they love them some Russell Wilson and don't plan on trading him on January 10th, 2022.

That's it. That's all it means.

justafan

Reaction score
Sounds like he covered his bases. One of his reports will be right.

RiverDog

Reaction score
CPHawk":8r66mr10 said:
There’s no good qb on the draft. Why would we trade him?

First of all, Russell's production has seen a significant drop off. It may be due at least in part to his injured finger, but even before his injury, he wasn't playing that well. He may rebound, Waldron might be able to come up with a better scheme to help him succeed, but it's not a slam dunk no brainer that he's going to return to form.

Secondly, if Russell wants out, do we want to keep an unhappy, disgruntled QB in our locker room? Do we wait for him to leave in free agency and get nothing in return?

I'm not advocating a trade, but the issue is a lot more complex than a relatively weak class of college QB's in this year's draft. If Russell really wants out, I don't think that we have any choice but to try to get the best deal that we can and accommodate his wishes.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2h78jwbj said:
IF he wants out. Again, IF.

Sorry for the misleading statement. Perhaps next time I need to put the IF in caps and bold to make myself a little more understandable. My bad.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No big deal, I just think people fight so hard to assume he wants out. I hope he doesn't, but none of us truly know. Just because the media keeps creating stories for clicks, doesn't mean they are true.
I don't doubt there is tension at all. But I just don't think it is nearly as bad as people make it out to be.
IF he wants to leave, then so be it. We move on. I'll be bummed, but it won't change my love for the team one bit.
Tension between a QB and coaches and/or management is nothing new.
All that being said, when Russ literally comes out and says he wants to stay, a lot of people jump in and say he's a liar or fake. Yet they believe every word some media type throws out there. Makes no sense.
People complained that he WASN'T saying anything last year. Now they complain when he DOES say something.

Elemas

Reaction score
Summary:

No one on this board, including myself, know wth we’re blabbing about.

But, it’s entertaining.

Cheers!