Thursday Night Football Home Teams 6 - 1

ivotuk

Reaction score
This kind of schedule favors the home team by quite a bit. The only home team that lost, the Panther to the New York Giants which is no surprise.

The Seahawks played a good game but the fatigue really showed in this game. After playing a brutal, late afternoon, down-to-the-last-minute game against the New England Patriots, our team had 3 days to rest and prepare for an away game against one of the best defenses in the NFL. And we still gave them hell.

If it weren't for a couple of uncharacteristic Golden Tate (among others) drops, we could have won this game. But fatigue, travel and sleeping in a strange place only heightens the opportunity for error and throws off timing between a QB and his receivers.

I think the odd schedule threw Russell's game off too as being a rookie, his body is not used to this kind of schedule.

We could see it setting in on the defense too as Gore was able to pick up yards late in the 2nd half.

This was a really frustrating game to lose because we could see that our team was playing better than their team throughout most of the game. However, I think we have knocked San Francisco down off of their pedestal and they will be very beatable when they come to Seattle. The Seahawks played strong throughout a very tough game and have nothing to be ashamed about. Once the emotions of the game settle down, I think everyone will realize that this was a good game and another stepping stone to becoming the NFCW champions and getting back to the playoffs.

RKDfan

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a Rams fan and I do believe you guys could have won this game if it wasn't for the short rest. This TNF has got to go. Home teams have way too much of an advantage. I believe you could have won this game if you had AT LEAST as much rest as SF.

drdiags

Reaction score
I am sure the NFL may tweak this format. The suggestion of having a team play a Thursday Night game after a bye is one of the best I have heard.

Seahawks are younger than the 49ers, so a short turnaround should have benefited the Seahawks from a physical point of view. Something was off but both teams had a short turnaround. The niners had the more physical game against the NY Giants. No excuses, the Seahawks got it handed to them. They will be fine one would hope. Gore/Kendall's numbers were surprising. Kudos to the 49ers OL. They snapped back from an embarassing loss and got ti done.

rjdriver

Reaction score
RKDfan":3cii0axg said:
Hello, I'm a Rams fan and I do believe you guys could have won this game if it wasn't for the short rest. This TNF has got to go. Home teams have way too much of an advantage. I believe you could have won this game if you had AT LEAST as much rest as SF.

Didn't SF play on Sunday too? They had as much rest as we did. It's a two hour charter flight to the same time zone, then sleeping in a five star hotel. We win if our guys catch the football tonight. If this game would have been played on Sunday and our guys drop passes like they did, we still lose.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Thursday night football is just a bad product in general. I'm not making excuses for this loss tonight as both teams had the same amount of rest, but with the physicality of the game NFL teams should not be expected to play on Sunday then come back 4 days later and do it again.

I'd be happy if Thursday games just went away completely, save thursday for the college kids. Except for Thanksgiving.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Safety is the number one priority of the league. Thursday night football provides no extra strain on the players ability to compete, heal, and stay safe. Roger says so. It's all about safety.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Have you ever had thousands upon thousands of people cheering for you? I personally have not had that many but being a musician I have had hundreds doing so. And I know no matter how fatigued or tired I was it would give me loads of energy. Now extrapolate that thousands of times, I can only imagine. Short weeks definately , by far , give the home team an advantage. The fact that we still should have won this game gives me confidence for this team. This was the easiest loss to take for me personally this year.