Back-to-back Thursday night games??

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
What's with the scheduling this year? The Seahawks are playing two games on Thursday Night against first the 49ers at home on Nov 23, then the Cowboys on the 30th in Dallas. Has this ever happened before? I've noticed the hawks aren't playing on Sunday Night this season unless they get flexed in. Kind of strange.

Also, that portion of the schedule is kinda crazy.

49ers,
@Dallas,
@49ers

all within 3 weeks.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The Cowboys have done this several times. Its between games so not that big a deal, then the longer break after that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's not bad because it's 7 days between games it's just in the make or break part of our schedule where if we go 3-3 or 4!-2 we would in a great spot to win 12 games instead of 9-10 like expected.

RedAlice

Reaction score
What's with the scheduling this year? The Seahawks are playing two games on Thursday Night against first the 49ers at home on Nov 23, then the Cowboys on the 30th in Dallas. Has this ever happened before? I've noticed the hawks aren't playing on Sunday Night this season unless they get flexed in. Kind of strange.

49ers,
@Dallas,
@49ers

all within 3 weeks.

It’s a Thanksgiving game. Kind of an honor.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I think it’s not a terrible idea. Now two Thursday games that aren’t back to back would be awful.

I’m also thankful for the afternoon games. I can fly to Seattle in the morning, catch the game, and fly home in the evening.

No hotel or rental car/ Uber necessary.

RiverDog

Reaction score

49ers,
@Dallas,
@49ers

all within 3 weeks.

The Cowboys, our opponent in the 2nd of the two back-to-back TNF contests, are also playing back-to-back TNF games. It's not a big deal as no one is gaining an advantage.

If I'm a coach and my team had to play two TNF games, I'd rather they be back-to-back in order to avoid a short week on the 2nd game. As it is, we have the same time off between TNF games as a Sunday-to-Sunday week.

The reason why we're not in Prime Time more often is that we do not have the same appeal to general fans as we were one and done in the playoffs last season, haven't been seen as a contender for years, are without a true 'star', and come from a mid-sized TV market. I honestly don't care if we're in Prime Time or not.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
If you have to do two then back to back is the way to go. Also our opponent will also be on their second Thursday night in a row as well.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Having the TNF games late in the schedule could be a plus as it gives us a mini bye in December. Our normal bye is early this year, in Week 5.
I'm thinking the very same but we need to win to make it relevant and take full advantage after. But we get a Thanksgiving game against Dallas? You know the Seahawks in prime time we are usually a total lock since we began.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'd prefer Kansas City but Dallas and Detroit made a deal 80 years ago to always play on Thanksgiving in exchange Dallas goes to the NFC East very much similar when Seattle agreed to go to the AFC West when Tampa etc came under the condition of either expansion or realignment.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The biggest FU from the NFL is having our week 5 Bye Week. That truly blows.
I wish the NFL would do a bye week like baseball in the middle of the season for everyone. Of course , no all star game but a week of recovery for all 32 teams.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
No the NFL asked Seattle to move to the AFC to balance everything under the express agreement if expansion or realignment happened we go back to the conference and division we started in no pass go. Very similar to when we get the Sonics back in a year or two. With the creveat of never being moved out of conference or division again.

Last edited: