Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:14 pm
  • No such thing as too much talent, right :twisted:
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 2701
    Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:06 pm
    Location: Camas, WA


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:34 pm
  • Le'Veon needs a talented OLine to be successful. Seattle would not be a good fit for him.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2626
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:01 pm
  • I bet he returns to the Stealers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1617
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:06 pm
  • James in PA wrote:I bet he returns to the Stealers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    I'd like to see the Browns grab him. League's #1 rushing attack, they're down Nick Chubb, and they play the Steelers on Sunday. Perfect chance for his revenge.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7001
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:12 pm
  • That dude has been playing all pissed off for like five years. Not that I feel bad for the Steelers, but having both this dude and Brown on the roster and not being able to keep them because they're total problems probably really sucks as a fan.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2616
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:56 pm


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:24 am
  • Bell isn't perfect but I would say a major issue is also Gase is a crappy coach. He didn't like Bell from the start and it was clear that he wanted little to do with him and in scheme.

    I don't think Bell is a great person, but Gase is just as petty and self-centered. Having those two together, and one is suppose to be the coach, then it was never going to work out.

    Honestly I think Bell should get snagged by Washington. Rivera is the type of personality I think can handle Bell far better and Bell can fill that role that Christian McCaffrey does in Carolina, something Rivera is familiar with.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1128
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:04 pm
  • He is a Chief.
    flippyflea
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 74
    Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:15 am
    Location: Lenexa, KS


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:48 pm
  • flippyflea wrote:He is a Chief.


    Glad it ain't Pissburgh.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7001
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:39 pm
  • Surprised that the Chiefs added him. He wants to be the featured back in the offense and the Chiefs have Clyde Edwards-Helaire. However this gives him a great chance to get a SB ring.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7823
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:59 pm
  • I'd say Jets are in active "tank for Trevor" mode...whether they wished to be or not. Look at their schedule.

    I see 0-16 as a definite possibility for them.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7079
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:21 am
  • Why the HELL did the Chiefs pick him up?? They have a good young running back. Bell is over-paid, selfish, over the hill, and he's locker room poison.
    TypeSly
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 275
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:54 pm


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:39 pm
  • TypeSly wrote:Why the HELL did the Chiefs pick him up?? They have a good young running back.

    Can never have too much talent. It's more weapons for Mahomes, why scoff at that?

    TypeSly wrote:Bell is over-paid

    The Jets are paying for the remaining $6 million on Bell's 2020 base pay. Chiefs signed him for a 1 year $1 million deal. If they want him long term they can negotiate a new, team friendly deal or cut him loose after the season. A talented rental, at a low cost, for a chance at another ring.

    TypeSly wrote:selfish

    Maybe so, but so are bunch of other megastar players. If Antonio Brown wasn't a total nutcase and was just merely selfish he'd have a job right now.

    TypeSly wrote:over the hill

    He's 28. I wouldn't say that's over the hill. He was underutilized with the Jets. Gase actively didn't want him on the team and is by far one of the worst coaches in the league.

    TypeSly wrote:and he's locker room poison

    Once again, perhaps true, but I Gase was a terrible coach and didn't want and couldn't handle Bell, maybe Reid can get more out of him.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1128
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:02 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Surprised that the Chiefs added him. He wants to be the featured back in the offense and the Chiefs have Clyde Edwards-Helaire. However this gives him a great chance to get a SB ring.


    Sounds Helaireous!
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2626
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:28 pm
  • Threedee wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Surprised that the Chiefs added him. He wants to be the featured back in the offense and the Chiefs have Clyde Edwards-Helaire. However this gives him a great chance to get a SB ring.


    Sounds Helaireous!


    :34853_doh:
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2514
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:01 pm
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:
    TypeSly wrote:Why the HELL did the Chiefs pick him up?? They have a good young running back.

    Can never have too much talent. It's more weapons for Mahomes, why scoff at that?

    TypeSly wrote:Bell is over-paid

    The Jets are paying for the remaining $6 million on Bell's 2020 base pay. Chiefs signed him for a 1 year $1 million deal. If they want him long term they can negotiate a new, team friendly deal or cut him loose after the season. A talented rental, at a low cost, for a chance at another ring.

    TypeSly wrote:selfish

    Maybe so, but so are bunch of other megastar players. If Antonio Brown wasn't a total nutcase and was just merely selfish he'd have a job right now.

    TypeSly wrote:over the hill

    He's 28. I wouldn't say that's over the hill. He was underutilized with the Jets. Gase actively didn't want him on the team and is by far one of the worst coaches in the league.

    TypeSly wrote:and he's locker room poison

    Once again, perhaps true, but I Gase was a terrible coach and didn't want and couldn't handle Bell, maybe Reid can get more out of him.


    Fair enough, some good points there, especially that the Jets are paying 6M of his salary.

    This doesn't do a lot for Edwards-Helaire's development and confidence.

    His play for the Jets certainly indicates that he's over the hill, considering how many touches he's had with Pittsburgh before he arrived... and averaging 3.3 yards a carry in a full season and a half. I think that's the lowest average out of all the Jet's RB's.

    He complains about calls, coaches, and teammates. I just don't see why a championship team that's 4-1 (before even hitting their stride) would want him in their locker room.

    Let me ask you this. Would you want him as a Seahawk? I certainly wouldn't.
    TypeSly
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 275
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:54 pm


Re: Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:20 am
  • Lets take a look at what has derailed our runs, All our RB's injured, not once but three years we have had RB's injured before the push, getting a top end back that can help you repeat and correct me if I am wrong but the Chiefs are dinged up at RB. A rookie had not handled a load of 16 games before either and his legs will fade by seasons end, this helps keep him fresh as well.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 33350
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.




It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests