Dak MVP, in what universe?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I saw an article on NFL.com, I won't link it cuz it's BS, but it was about some reception that "bolstered Dak's MVP case". How in the hell can a guy leading a 5-5 team be "MVP candidate"?

Seriously NFL, quit with the Dallas worship, it's played out! :34853_doh:

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Sorry, 6-4.

I guess I forgot 6-4 in the NFC east is equal to 10-1 in the NFC west, apologies on both "errors"..... :34853_doh:

getnasty

Reaction score
He's been great this year, still see him behind Russell and Jackson but there's a lot of season left too.

sutz

Reaction score
An article in the Times today mentions Dak, but only in the sense that he has some impressive QB stats, but really doesn't think he has any shot at MVP at this stage. His impressive numbers are not resulting in wins. It's basically between Russ and Jackson, and Jackson has the inside track right now because some gaudier plays and numbers and he plays back east.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... ink-again/

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1etm5t2c said:
The universe where he runs up stats on teams like the Lions
He’s padded stats off of a weak assed schedule. 3 and out on first drive.
*allas wins that division by default. Worst division in football.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
In the universe of Skip Bayliss and Colin Cowherd, Dak is MVP even at 5-6. Or should be MVP. Definitely always enough to spend an hour on.

5-6. GO PATS

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
MVP for its definition should still be Russell, given that if you took him off the team wed be 3-8.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1c934emw said:
SantaClaraHawk":1c934emw said:
In the universe of Skip Bayliss and Colin Cowherd.......
Yep, the kings of Cowboys' fell****

Colin Cowherd loves Russell and I like him alot as a sports reporter too, hes objective based no bs.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":26b26dfi said:
hawksfansinceday1":26b26dfi said:
SantaClaraHawk":26b26dfi said:
In the universe of Skip Bayliss and Colin Cowherd.......
Yep, the kings of Cowboys' fell****

Colin Cowherd loves Russell and I like him alot as a sports reporter too, hes objective based no bs.
He does love Russell, no question about it. But he endlessly talks Cowboys to the point of nausea. They have done NOTHING for 25 years!

Vesuve

Reaction score
Cowgirls have been mediocre for many years but they still get many "articles" and TV coverage.

Joke.

As well a Dak as an MVP.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If you're watching Cowboys games Dak has been incredible this year.

Nobody has ever had him as a front runner in the MVP conversation, rather, he's been one of the five or six names that have been thrown around this year. His team losing and not being very good overall OBVIOUSLY diminishes his chances of winning MVP, and he's never been a front runner for it to begin with.

Since Mahommes got knocked out for a few games there has really only been two people that have been seriously talked about as winning MVP this year, with the other guys at various points in the season just rounding out the conversation.

Those two people, as everyone already knows, are Wilson and Jackson.

More generally -- and Robert Mays and Kevin Clark have noted this too -- Seahawks fans are acting offended that anyone except for Wilson are even talked about as possible MVPs.

To that, I say, get a grip.

Wilson isn't anywhere close to lapping the competition the way Aaron Donald was for defensive MVP last year, and even for Aaron Donald last year there was still a conversation as the season went along. :lol: :roll:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Vesuve":21ztry3o said:
Cowgirls have been mediocre for many years but they still get many "articles" and TV coverage.

Joke.

As well a Dak as an MVP.

I'm watching First Take right now, and again another hour is being wasted on Dallass. "Jason Garrett should be fired!" "Oh dear, what can WE do to make Dallass better?"

WE don't want to do anything about it! What a weak-a division to be 6-5 and still atop it . Now that we're done, GO PHILLY! Let's have a playoff run without these losers.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":28tohy7j said:
If you're watching Cowboys games Dak has been incredible this year.

Nobody has ever had him as a front runner in the MVP conversation, rather, he's been one of the five or six names that have been thrown around this year. His team losing and not being very good overall OBVIOUSLY diminishes his chances of winning MVP, and he's never been a front runner for it to begin with.

Since Mahommes got knocked out for a few games there has really only been two people that have been seriously talked about as winning MVP this year, with the other guys at various points in the season just rounding out the conversation.

Those two people, as everyone already knows, are Wilson and Jackson.

More generally -- and Robert Mays and Kevin Clark have noted this too -- Seahawks fans are acting offended that anyone except for Wilson are even talked about as possible MVPs.

To that, I say, get a grip.

Wilson isn't anywhere close to lapping the competition the way Aaron Donald was for defensive MVP last year, and even for Aaron Donald last year there was still a conversation as the season went along. :lol: :roll:
Not all of us are offended Popeye. In fact, if Jackson tears it up tonight to me he's probably the frontrunner after Russ played below avg. yesterday despite having what I consider to be a better team around him. I'm risking the wrath of John63 and Scorpion05 with that statement but so be it.

Anyway, as for Dak, he's had a fine season but he's nowhere near the level of Russ, Mahomes, Jackson, McCaffrey, etc. imo. The biggest problem for me anyway is the endless media fawning over a POS franchise that has literally been nearly totally irrelevant for the last quarter of a century. He feels and looks like an ESPN/NFLN propped up non-candidate that we still have to listen to being floated as legit as part of their endless campaign to somehow make the Cowboys a legitimate championship contender, which they almost always are not. He may have never been a frontrunner this season but they talked this last week as if he was, or at the very least continued their endless Dallas hype by floating the possibility of it. Had he pulled off a game winning drive yesterday vs. NE do you really think they wouldn't seriously be touting him this morning? Hell, I'd bet they'd be calling HIM the frontrunner.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Ah yeah, obviously not all Hawks fans, just a vocal contingent that I've noticed and Clark and Mays have commented on too.

I think Dak has been really good this year. I don't really watch NFL media coverage in between games so I can't comment on who or what is getting covered and isn't -- is it just perception or reality -- but wouldn't surprise me if the Cowboys get a lot of coverage given that advertising rates are dictacted by viewers and the Cowboys have a ton of fans nationally.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3phpws0r said:
^^^^ Ah yeah, obviously not all Hawks fans, just a vocal contingent that I've noticed and Clark and Mays have commented on too.

I think Dak has been really good this year. I don't really watch NFL media coverage in between games so I can't comment on who or what is getting covered and isn't -- is it just perception or reality -- but wouldn't surprise me if the Cowboys get a lot of coverage given that advertising rates are dictacted by viewers and the Cowboys have a ton of fans nationally.

MVP means Most Valuable Player. There are at least 6 wins this year Seattle would have lost without Wilson. Baltimore probably also would have lost without Jackson.

The best team the Cowboys have beaten all season is the 5-6 Eagles. They have consistently lost to any half decent team. Dak is NOT more valuable than Wilson or Jackson.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":29llcxxk said:
.......I don't really watch NFL media coverage in between games so I can't comment on who or what is getting covered and isn't -- is it just perception or reality -- but wouldn't surprise me if the Cowboys get a lot of coverage given that advertising rates are dictacted by viewers and the Cowboys have a ton of fans nationally.
I don't watch any national shows anymore but glean plenty from here. I do unfortunately hear national radio shows as I spend a lot of time in the car. Florio isn't too Cowboys heavy and neither is Eisen but Wingo/Golic and Cowherd are extremely heavy on Cowboys talk. Sadly I have no doubt a lot of their endless Dallas jabbering and a lot of it on TV as well is due to ad revenue. Why they continue to have fans on a national level however is utterly beyond me. They have been largely irrelevant for 25 years. It does beg the question if ESPN, FOX and the NFLN are at least somewhat responsible for the continued national following due to their constant coverage. I mean hell man, your team has won 5 Super Bowls and been more relevant the last 25 years than Dallas and yet have received less coverage over the years than the Cowboys.