Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sherman has a big mouth

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:20 am
  • And he continues to back it up with big post season plays . Not much to argue against .
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3539
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 am
  • Still an elite cb.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 10021
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:32 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Still an elite cb.



    He's still good... don't know about elite. but its probably semantics.

    The INT was such a poor read and throw by cousins. But the real hero for the 9ers was their defensive front. Cousins cannot play effective QB under any kind of pressure. 9ers D line put it to him on the day.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19470
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:45 am
  • He's just as good as he always was. He just needed a year and a half to recover from all the achilles tendon injury stuff. Now that he is more healthy he is outstanding. It's great to have him. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. Yeah he talks a lot but he always did. For you too. That's how he gets himself psyched up.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:51 am
  • SanDiego49er wrote:He's just as good as he always was. He just needed a year and a half to recover from all the achilles tendon injury stuff. Now that he is more healthy he is outstanding. It's great to have him. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. Yeah he talks a lot but he always did. For you too. That's how he gets himself psyched up.


    Well no, he's not as good as he always was.

    But hes still good.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19470
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:13 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:He's just as good as he always was. He just needed a year and a half to recover from all the achilles tendon injury stuff. Now that he is more healthy he is outstanding. It's great to have him. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. Yeah he talks a lot but he always did. For you too. That's how he gets himself psyched up.


    Well no, he's not as good as he always was.

    But hes still good.


    He's just as good. He was hurt for a year and a half to two years. Now he is healthy again. He is not even 1% less good. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. You guys should not have let him go. Teams are terrified to throw over there all season long. When they do much like the Vikings playoff game really bad things happen. We are happy to have him.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:16 am
  • There isn't a player in my lifetime that has a bigger chasm between how much I love how he plays vs how much I hate his insufferable self created persecuted chip on shoulder act.

    But I guess that's how Richard fuels and directs his emotions in order to play better? Idk, but man is his act tiring.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17493
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:25 pm
  • As long as a guy backs up his big talk with his performance I'll be a fan. It's when guys run their mouth but don't back it up, Mayfield and Rivers for example, that I'm not a fan of.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2511
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 2:45 pm


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:He's just as good as he always was. He just needed a year and a half to recover from all the achilles tendon injury stuff. Now that he is more healthy he is outstanding. It's great to have him. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. Yeah he talks a lot but he always did. For you too. That's how he gets himself psyched up.


    Well no, he's not as good as he always was.

    But hes still good.


    He's just as good. He was hurt for a year and a half to two years. Now he is healthy again. He is not even 1% less good. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. You guys should not have let him go. Teams are terrified to throw over there all season long. When they do much like the Vikings playoff game really bad things happen. We are happy to have him.


    Sorry got to side with them on this one. Sherm is a good and very smart player but he's not as good as he use to be. What makes him so effective is his on the field presence and reputation, so most QBs avoid his side of the field all together. He is also goid at the role of guiding the other players on the field.

    If the QBs challenged him most of the game my guess they would be 50/50 as far as success.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1939
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:51 pm
  • kobebryant wrote:As long as a guy backs up his big talk with his performance I'll be a fan. It's when guys run their mouth but don't back it up, Mayfield and Rivers for example, that I'm not a fan of.



    and ET.

    ET's mouth has been writing checks that he can't cash.
    LastRideOut
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 252
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 pm


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:17 pm
  • He is still good but no, not as good as he was.

    The thing with Sherm is he will definitely tell you when he's done something good and ignore you when he hasn't.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6444
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:42 pm
  • LastRideOut wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:As long as a guy backs up his big talk with his performance I'll be a fan. It's when guys run their mouth but don't back it up, Mayfield and Rivers for example, that I'm not a fan of.



    and ET.

    ET's mouth has been writing checks that he can't cash.




    Ya I agree with ET. He had that smart ass comment / smirk when that reporter asked him about possibly playing the niners in the superbowl. This was a week before the Ravens and Niners played

    Hey ET hows that looking now ding-a-ling
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2049
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 8:42 pm


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:48 pm
  • rlkats wrote:
    LastRideOut wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:As long as a guy backs up his big talk with his performance I'll be a fan. It's when guys run their mouth but don't back it up, Mayfield and Rivers for example, that I'm not a fan of.



    and ET.

    ET's mouth has been writing checks that he can't cash.




    Ya I agree with ET. He had that smart ass comment / smirk when that reporter asked him about possibly playing the niners in the superbowl. This was a week before the Ravens and Niners played

    Hey ET hows that looking now ding-a-ling


    He was also talking $h!t about the Patriots not wanting to tackle Henry. Did you see him get stiff armed twice on one play?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6535
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm
  • Sherman is such a Professor of the game, many would say student but Sherman has things down to a another level, he sets up a QB, finds his tendencies and what they like to do as well as the WR's and will wait and bait a QB to make a throw they should not. He has a knack of doing it at crucial times that can make the most impact.

    He is slower I am sure but his Mental game is more then making up for it, he isn't all talk as the 49ers fans and players know now, he studies, he teaches, he leads, half is value is what he does in practice and during the week.

    He also knows how to work officials and all the rules better then they know them. Why he can get away with stuff that are no calls and borderline, he pushes to the edge of the limits.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 32805
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:37 pm
  • I was a huge critic of Sherman for his rant. Prior to that, I found his persona to be largely amusing, beginning with the 2012 preseason hype videos that he appeared in, where he was clowning around with other players at the VMAC.

    Then, a year later, I found myself forever in his corner (and ET's) when he began to feud with the "braintrust" that was the offensive staff, and those who enabled/coddled it. I'm not even mad he signed with Santa Clara.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2531
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:52 pm
  • While I liked Sherman. I am glad he is gone. He was a huge distraction for this team in the locker room.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1849
    Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:39 pm


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:26 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:He's just as good as he always was. He just needed a year and a half to recover from all the achilles tendon injury stuff. Now that he is more healthy he is outstanding. It's great to have him. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. Yeah he talks a lot but he always did. For you too. That's how he gets himself psyched up.


    Well no, he's not as good as he always was.

    But hes still good.


    He's just as good. He was hurt for a year and a half to two years. Now he is healthy again. He is not even 1% less good. He's the best CB we have had since Deion Sanders. You guys should not have let him go. Teams are terrified to throw over there all season long. When they do much like the Vikings playoff game really bad things happen. We are happy to have him.


    He's just not man...

    It's great he's the best CB you have had for awhile. Good for you that you like him. That doesn't make him as good as he was in 2013-17..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19470
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:19 am
  • I don't think you can compare the 49ers Sherman with the Seahawk Sherman. He plays the game so different now, no more press corner, has become more of a master at the zone coverage scheme. What he has lost in the physical game, he has replaced with his mental game. Just two different corners and they both seem to be working.

    Personally I think he could prolong his career a little longer if he consider moving back to free safety but I guess with his PFF ranking of being the best CB, why would he? It also obviously doesn't hurt that he only has to cover for a second or two, with the D-Line.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 152
    Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:45 am
  • This season Sherman gave up 27 receptions for 217 total yards. He scored as many TDs as he gave up (1).

    He was the top rated CB in the NFL according to PFF.

    Is this a decline from his best years? Okay, I don't know, perhaps, maybe. That's really splitting hairs, IMO.

    He has been MUCH better than even my highest expectations for him were.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5522
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 am


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:21 pm
  • Sherm has a big mouth always has had one. It’s the baggage of a hugely talented individual that teams put up with because he’s that good. He knows how to “play” with people’s minds and is a master manipulator.
    We may not always agree with his methods, but He’s an extremely intelligent individual.

    When he is done with football he needs to get into rastlin’. A perfect badguy/heel.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30889
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:30 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Sherm has a big mouth always has had one. It’s the baggage of a hugely talented individual that teams put up with because he’s that good. He knows how to “play” with people’s minds and is a master manipulator.
    We may not always agree with his methods, but He’s an extremely intelligent individual.

    When he is done with football he needs to get into rastlin’. A perfect badguy/heel.



    I would love to see him run for Governor here in Washington, given our current climate it would be a hell of a show and he might just win.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 32805
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:05 am
  • BigBill1945 wrote:While I liked Sherman. I am glad he is gone. He was a huge distraction for this team in the locker room.


    He's glad he's gone too, (mod edit: removing the name calling. poster needs to relax). He's going to the Superbowl.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 375
    Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:23 am


Re: Sherman has a big mouth
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:07 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:There isn't a player in my lifetime that has a bigger chasm between how much I love how he plays vs how much I hate his insufferable self created persecuted chip on shoulder act.

    But I guess that's how Richard fuels and directs his emotions in order to play better? Idk, but man is his act tiring.


    Mod edit: post does nothing for the discussion
    SixSeahawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 375
    Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:23 am




It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 90 guests