Do Not Sell My Personal Information

49ers to play Beathard, no other QBs available

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Head coach Kyle Shanahan said at his Tuesday press conference that C.J. Beathard will start at quarterback against the Cardinals this weekend. He also said he would be surprised if Garoppolo plays in the final two weeks of the season.

Beathard replaced Nick Mullens on Sunday after Mullens took a big hit from Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence and hurt his elbow. Shanahan said Mullens is set for surgery to repair the injury and said it might be the Tommy John procedure that is often performed on baseball pitchers.

The 49ers will be looking for a quarterback from another team’s practice squad to play behind Beathard. They had veteran journeyman Josh Johnson on their practice squad, but he has been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... d-to-play/

They had four quarterbacks to start the year. Four. There's now one who will be healthy enough to go out against Arizona and no one, apparently, healthy enough to back him up.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• They signed Josh Rosen off the Bucs' ps.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 0586170371

NFL covid protocols are that the player sits for six days after signing off the street, but espn is saying that if they poach from another team's ps that person could start.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• I read an article that said they niners will be hard pressed to field a full team against the Cards this weekend. This is insane. An there are people blaming the losses on other things except injuries. Glad this $h!t season is almost over for us.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:I read an article that said they niners will be hard pressed to field a full team against the Cards this weekend. This is insane. An there are people blaming the losses on other things except injuries. Glad this $h!t season is almost over for us.

I'll be honest with you. IF we clinch the division next week and IF we aren't competitive with the 1-seed then I'd want and expect the 49ers to do their very best to give us a "spoiler."

In fact, I would hope for this anyway.

They have had now--what, 26 players on IR? It's a different situation than when, for example, Kyle Nelson whiffed at longsnapper and got replaced. What'll come next, Gould will go down with a groin? McLaughlin has been signed to the Jets already as their starter, so maybe they'll try the Jets guy if that happens. What's next, they'll lose one of these QBs to some freak injury and then start Jet McKinnon against Seattle?

Never mind the fact that they basically got evicted from their county three weeks ago.

There's adversity and then there's Adversity...and to me it makes the season less fun.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    rlkats wrote:I read an article that said they niners will be hard pressed to field a full team against the Cards this weekend. This is insane. An there are people blaming the losses on other things except injuries. Glad this $h!t season is almost over for us.

I'll be honest with you. IF we clinch the division next week and IF we aren't competitive with the 1-seed then I'd want and expect the 49ers to do their very best to give us a "spoiler."

They have had now--what, 26 players on IR? It's a different situation than when, for example, Kyle Nelson whiffed at longsnapper and got replaced. What'll come next, Gould will go down with a groin? McLaughlin has been signed to the Jets already as their starter, so maybe they'll try the Jets guy if that happens. What's next, they'll lose one of these QBs to some freak injury and then start Jet McKinnon against Seattle?

Never mind the fact that they basically got evicted from their county three weeks ago.

There's adversity and then there's Adversity...and to me it makes the season less fun.

Jesus wept..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    rlkats wrote:I read an article that said they niners will be hard pressed to field a full team against the Cards this weekend. This is insane. An there are people blaming the losses on other things except injuries. Glad this $h!t season is almost over for us.

Jesus wept..

Si, I was at the 49ers/Seahawks finale on 1/1/17. Score was 23-26, maybe 27. But it made for competitive entertainment.

How can you not be for competitive entertainment?

Them getting uprooted with no notice as to where they were going to go? Them losing even a young backup who had beat teams--including us--to freaking Tommy John surgery? Them putting 26 players on IR this season, more than anyone else? Them not having the PS QB because he's out with Covid?

C'mon man.

This isn't like the Steelers, who have managed to near collapse. It's not like the Ravens, whose S&C coach gave Covid to half the team. The most that can be said is that after the Philly game, they needed to bring someone in like Rosen.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Good for you. I was at Paul Allen's first game as owner of the Seahawks. They lost to the Jets 35-0.

But really, who cares though. It's Week 17.

I don't understand the threads dedicated to sympathizing for the 9ers. I dont think its as bad as 9ers fans want it to be, and it seems like these posts are just finding more and more reasons to make excuses for them. You took this opportunity to make yet more excuses for them. Are you a sympathizer or a 9er fan? Honest question. Because the competitive value of a week 17 game is pretty lame. The Hawks just beat a team 40-3. Was that entertaining?

And let me reiterate... who cares? They are the 9ers.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:Good for you. I was at Paul Allen's first game as owner of the Seahawks. They lost to the Jets 35-0.

But really, who cares though. It's Week 17.

I don't understand the threads dedicated to sympathizing for the 9ers. I dont think its as bad as 9ers fans want it to be, and it seems like these posts are just finding more and more reasons to make excuses for them. You took this opportunity to make yet more excuses for them. Are you a sympathizer or a 9er fan? Honest question. Because the competitive value of a week 17 game is pretty lame. The Hawks just beat a team 40-3. Was that entertaining?

And let me reiterate... who cares? They are the 9ers.

The Jets game was a relief but 40-3? Eh, when it comes to extended garbage time and knowing the outcome, there is no suspense left then so objectively yes it's less entertaining (although of course desirable).

And it's not like Adversity happened to the Jets that the team couldn't foresee. They have a coach who has sucked from Day 1, and they didn't get rid of him. They refused to approve Osemele's shoulder surgery. Their star defensive player is here now after doing everything he could to leave. And the thing they do with broadcasting rehabbing players' fines for being late to rehab on their widescreen? That's being despicable and childish.

The 2020 49ers didn't do anything like that. When they came in September, they were pretty stacked, they had good depth, and had extra insurance at quarterback to boot. The wheels didn't start falling off until after the first Seattle game, really--and we beat them--but they were a normal football team then.

Since? They've put 26 players on the IR. They got evicted from Santa Clara County through no fault of their own and in an action no other county has taken. If it wasn't for NFL guidance 12/19 eliminating the covid-sit period for poached PS players, they'd be putting in Jet McKinnon as backup QB instead of having him plug the obvious RB hole now that Mostert's gone.

The Adversity that they're under has been rivaled only by the Broncos that week that the league told them to sit all their QBs, wouldn't let them bring in another one, and left them no choice but to bring up a PS WR who played some QB in college.

Saints beat them 31-3. Yes the Saints' job was to beat them. It's not however like any Saints fans were laughing about how the Broncs deserved it, and that's how I feel about the 49ers, div rival or no. It's like kicking a puppy, really.

If we clinch NFCW next week and one-seed is out of reach, we should rest the crucial, definitely coming back guys that we do have viable replacements for--for our own sake since we ARE going to postseason after that game, especially on that field. We will most likely win anyway in that situation, but while preserving some of our bodies.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• You should start a therapy page for scarred 9ers fans.

The 9ers aren't a puppy.. They're a football team who played in a super bowl last year.

They don't need anyone's sympathy, even if some ask for it.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• rlkats wrote:I read an article that said they niners will be hard pressed to field a full team against the Cards this weekend. This is insane. An there are people blaming the losses on other things except injuries. Glad this $h!t season is almost over for us.

This from espn...

DNP -- DE D. Jordan (knee), DT J. Kinlaw (knee), S T. Moore (knee), RB R. Mostert (ankle), QB N. Mullens (right elbow), WR D. Samuel (hamstring), CB R. Sherman (calf), S J. Ward (concussion)

Limited -- C H. Grasu (knee), WR R. James (ankle)

Mullens, Deebo, Ward and Mostert are out for the year already. They might have Kittle back though.

The Saturday game will have almost unprecedented dynamics being that they're in the Cards' house playing the Cards.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:You should start a therapy page for scarred 9ers fans.

The 9ers aren't a puppy.. They're a football team who played in a super bowl last year.

No one is asking for sympathy. All we are saying is thank god this season is almost over. God I hope your team does not see the injuries we have had. But if it happens and hear me I hope it don’t. I will be the first here to remind you that you (just you) don’t get any “sympathy” as you call it, but respect and understanding will be given to the respectful hawk fans. And if your hawks are one and done in the playoffs I will give respectful feedback and congrats for making the playoffs to the respectful hawks fans. But you sir I will give no such respect. Your attitude and response is classless and does not have the professionalism as most hawk fans. You remind me of the pathetic classless niner fans we all hate.

Welcome to the club of the classless
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:

This from espn...

DNP -- DE D. Jordan (knee), DT J. Kinlaw (knee), S T. Moore (knee), RB R. Mostert (ankle), QB N. Mullens (right elbow), WR D. Samuel (hamstring), CB R. Sherman (calf), S J. Ward (concussion)

Mullens, Deebo, Ward and Mostert are out for the year already. They might have Kittle back though.

The Saturday game will have almost unprecedented dynamics being that they're in the Cards' house playing the Cards.

At this point it’s time to shelf players that are playing hurt. Time to heal up.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Unprecedented dynamics? Because they are playing at someone else's stadium?

The 9ers pity party needs to move on. When did teams become so soft?

In the English Premier league, the current league leaders (Liverpool) have had 85% of their starting lineup, and 90% of their reserves miss atleast 30% of the season through injury or covid. They have played teenagers from the youth squad playing multiple games in positions to replace injured players who are literally the best in the world.

They are first in the most competitive league in the world, and in the final 32 of the elite european club competition.

To put in perspective, imagine the Seahawks losing Wilson, Carson, Metcalf, Lockett, and both tackles while also losing Adams, Wagner, both starting CBs and two Dlinemen... 1/2 for the season, the 1/2 for atleast 25% of it.

Not only are the 9ers not special in their injuries, attempts to make them that way are just excuses for a lack of mental fortitude.

Embarrassing stuff.

Fortunately, as much as I think the glamour around Shanahan is a bit premature, I've yet to hear him run down his injury list as a reason for failure. Maybe he has, i dont pay much attention to them.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• rlkats wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:You should start a therapy page for scarred 9ers fans.

No one is asking for sympathy. All we are saying is thank god this season is almost over. God I hope your team does not see the injuries we have had. But if it happens and hear me I hope it don’t. I will be the first here to remind you that you (just you) don’t get any “sympathy” as you call it, but respect and understanding will be given to the respectful hawk fans. And if your hawks are one and done in the playoffs I will give respectful feedback and congrats for making the playoffs to the respectful hawks fans. But you sir I will give no such respect. Your attitude and response is classless and does not have the professionalism as most hawk fans. You remind me of the pathetic classless niner fans we all hate.

If you want to get personal, take it to the shack. Or, don't reply.

And yes, continually bringing up the injury "crisis" facing the 9ers in thread after thread is asking for sympathy. And I wouldn't ask for anyone's sympathy. Its cringe. If you think it's disrespectful or classless to call out a fan for trying to make excuses for a team's inability to overcome their injuries, when even their head coach doesn't, then you missed the point. Am I celebrating their injuries? Absolutely not.

"professionalism?" woof... really trying to take the high road there.

Dry your eyes.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• rlkats wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:

This from espn...

At this point it’s time to shelf players that are playing hurt. Time to heal up.

I saw the story where KS is saying it'd be hard to field a 48 man roster for Saturday.

Normally, when a team has been eliminated from playoff contention, it can afford to evaluate the lower rungs of the roster. Plans for the next season start to take shape and players who might not normally get playing time have a chance to show they are worth an investment.

But this is not a normal year. This is 2020, and Shanahan and the 49ers simply are trying to survive.

“We’re not in a situation where we can just sit and get some guys opportunities who maybe wouldn’t have had one in the year,” Shanahan said. “Each week we’re playing with all that we have. There’s no guys behind those guys so we’re just trying to make sure we get a team ready for Saturday.”

That's why I think they play Kittle if he passes medical. It's that they must play every guy they have who passes medical.

There is a silver lining in your steaming pile of bad luck over the worsening four weeks, and that's that if Santa Clara County had given them an exemption instead of kicking them out 11/28, they wouldn't have been able to get Rosen due to SCC making everyone out of state quarantine for 10 days. Rosen's a former first rounder and at this point the best available, and his arrival and two games under the Shan system means that he can be the second or even third stringer instead of Mullens or Beathard.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• I actually think Beathard is better than Mullens. Of course, I used to root for him in college, because, I was always rooting for Iowa to upset the bigger teams in the B1G Conference, so, I am a little biased toward him.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    rlkats wrote:

And yes, continually bringing up the injury "crisis" facing the 9ers in thread after thread is asking for sympathy. And I wouldn't ask for anyone's sympathy. Its cringe. If you think it's disrespectful or classless to call out a fan for trying to make excuses for a team's inability to overcome their injuries, when even their head coach doesn't, then you missed the point. Am I celebrating their injuries? Absolutely not.

Dry your eyes.

Their team has had 27 players on the IR, first in the league. They are the only team whose county evicted them, and that county did so with no notice whatsoever.

Would you be fine if the Cards hadn't let the 49ers finish their season there, on their field, in the same shared time zone knowing beforehand that familiarity with that particular field might yield a disadvantage to their own home team? Or how about if in November 2019 when Lockett ended up hospitalized, the 49ers had just said, "Well, nah, we won't lend you this machine, because after all you're a Seahawk and we don't care for the Seahawks?" Or would you rather they get their own people to get that machine to Stanford?

To me that's class, not people being soft! It's not about drying eyes, it's about opening them. Sympathy and empathy are not at all the same thing, and in this case it is impossible to feel anything but the latter for the 9ers situation.
    Last edited by SantaClaraHawk on Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hard not to have some empathy, we were almost in the same boat a few weeks back, being kicked out of your home and saying still show up for work and be competitive as well as try to take care of the walking wounded is a tough piece of work.

At this point it's hard to back fill and get through the protocols with all the position injuries unless you can sign a bunch that have already passed everything off others PS and ship them in in time.

The game will be more like a pick up game as far as the 49ers really.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    rlkats wrote:

Dry your eyes.

Their team has had 27 players on the IR, first in the league. They are the only team whose county evicted them, and that county did so with no notice whatsoever.

Would you be fine if the Cards hadn't let the 49ers finish their season there, on their field, in the same shared time zone knowing beforehand that familiarity with that particular field might yield a disadvantage to their own home team? Or how about if in November 2019 when Lockett ended up hospitalized, the 49ers had just said, "Well, nah, we won't lend you this machine, because after all you're a Seahawk and we don't care for the Seahawks?" Or would you rather they get their own people to get that machine to Stanford?

To me that's class, not people being soft! It's not about drying eyes, it's about opening them. Sympathy and empathy are not at all the same thing, and in this case it is impossible to feel anything but the latter for the 9ers situation.

What are you on about?

What does playing in AZ have to do with injuries? That list of "sacrifice" to play a game is a mile long across the world. Not sure what that has to do with my post. I swear you just have have a bullet list of things to squeeze into a post, relevant or not.

AZ is not the first team to.open their stadium to another to play a game for emergency. Its been happening across the pandemic. Its happened in years past for a variety of reasons. Again... what's that have to do with my post.

Their injuries are what they are.. every one of your posts lists them out, time and again. Its professional sports. The 9ers were in the Bowl last year. I'm sure to them they believe even injured they could get back.

You dont, obviously. But thats not empathy nor sympathy..its excuse making .

I already gave you a run down of another sports team with a similar injury record who arenot just surviving, but winning.

Is it the drama or approval you want here?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Seasons come and go. The last injury plagued season we were able to draft Bosa. We should be picking about 12th overall which should allow us to pick a great CB, good QB to groom, or OL. Lots of pieces on this team to build around
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• 94Smith wrote:Seasons come and go. The last injury plagued season we were able to draft Bosa. We should be picking about 12th overall which should allow us to pick a great CB, good QB to groom, or OL. Lots of pieces on this team to build around

What do you do with JG, as his contract will impact how many of the other key pieces you keep, no?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:What does playing in AZ have to do with injuries? That list of "sacrifice" to play a game is a mile long across the world. Not sure what that has to do with my post. I swear you just have have a bullet list of things to squeeze into a post, relevant or not.

AZ is not the first team to.open their stadium to another to play a game for emergency. Its been happening across the pandemic. Its happened in years past for a variety of reasons. Again... what's that have to do with my post.

Their injuries are what they are.. every one of your posts lists them out, time and again. Its professional sports. The 9ers were in the Bowl last year. I'm sure to them they believe even injured they could get back.

You dont, obviously. But thats not empathy nor sympathy..its excuse making .

I already gave you a run down of another sports team with a similar injury record who arenot just surviving, but winning.

Is it the drama or approval you want here?

C'mon man. They have or have had 27 people on IR. That's an outlier at least 2x from what everyone else is.

They ARE the only team that's been forced to relocate in 2019-2020 through absolutely no fault of their own--after which they have scored zero wins, but they are now stuck there.

They believed they could get back because they had, in September, impressive depth. Now they don't have that. Their S&C coach is the same one they had in 2019.

Look, my least favorite team has to be the Cowboys and it has been since 1978. I absolutely despise them but if all this had happened to them, I'd have empathy. Just empathy. Not drama, and whatever approval or lack of you might personally have is your personal decision.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Is it 27? I wasn't sure as it hasn't been repeated multiple times in other threads.

You keep trying to push empathy, but its pretty transparent.. its professional sports. Crack on. im not celebrating their injuries, never would. But you get over it or concede.

This whoa is me program you're running for them though is a boring read. Just gave you an example of another team who had significant injuries to their best players (most of who are considered the best in the world at their positions) and wree replaced with literal teenagers and are in 1st place.

Nothing to do with rivalry. Its the number of times you've posted about their crisis on here.

They could get on or not.

As for having to play in AZ... They're playing a sport for money. I bet they're ok.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Seasons come and go. The last injury plagued season we were able to draft Bosa. We should be picking about 12th overall which should allow us to pick a great CB, good QB to groom, or OL. Lots of pieces on this team to build around

What do you do with JG, as his contract will impact how many of the other key pieces you keep, no?

JG's contract is almost out of dead cap. They will almost certainly try to restructure and if not that, trade for someone like Stafford.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Seasons come and go. The last injury plagued season we were able to draft Bosa. We should be picking about 12th overall which should allow us to pick a great CB, good QB to groom, or OL. Lots of pieces on this team to build around

JG's contract is almost out of dead cap. They will almost certainly try to restructure and if not that, trade for someone like Stafford.

Why would they go for Stafford making around 27 mill?

How does that let them resign key young players?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

It only helps if there's a push.

If they want to move on, the vets they will go toward will be more or less in that range. In that range, if both teams decide a QB restart is the answer, they'd trade one guy for a third, the other guy for a fourth. Even Darnold is in that mix as he comes relatively cheap and the Jets might just decide Fields is the answer for the future.

From this list https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... sco-49ers/ there's probably five, maybe seven guys, who absolutely have to be paid or walk. Probably double or over double the number of guys they would love to have but can do without.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

It only helps if there's a push.

If they want to move on, the vets they will go toward will be more or less in that range. In that range, if both teams decide a QB restart is the answer, they'd trade one guy for a third, the other guy for a fourth. Even Darnold is in that mix as he comes relatively cheap and the Jets might just decide Fields is the answer for the future.

From this list https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... sco-49ers/ there's probably five, maybe seven guys, who absolutely have to be paid or walk. Probably double or over double the number of guys they would love to have but can do without.

The issue is not specific to this year. They've built their team through several drafts, abd many of those top players still on cheap deals are coming do over the next couple of years.

Rams have a similar issue.

Not sure how Stafford and Darnold are in the conversation.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• WR - rookie deals
    TE- already paid
    O line- Trent Williams will be a priority. They will likely draft some players. C-Weston Richburg (IR) will go
    QB- I don't know what they will do here. I would like to see Garopollo get another shot as I think his performance this year was due to the fact he was hurt. They might draft someone and I could see them trading draft picks for a Qb upgrade
    RB- Mckinnon and Coleman will be gone. Might draft someone. Mostert has been paid. I am not sure what they will do with Juscyzyk , perhaps let hi test FA and then offer a lower salary

DL - Bosa is still on rookie deal, Kinlaw is on rookie deal, Dee Ford is going to be gone, Armstead was paid, I hope they resign Kerry Hyder and draft someone
    LB- They will get a deal done with Fred Warner. Rest of the core is signed
    Secondary - Sherman will be gone, Mosely will get a deal, Kwan Williams ? , Hopefully they get a deal with Verrett, Tartt will be gone, already paid Ward, Witherspoon will be gone. I hope they draft a marquee CB in the first round

K- Not sure what they will do with Robbie Gould
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• Kicker Robbie Gould, 38, who ranks fifth all-time in field-goal percentage, signed a four-year, $19 million deal in 2019 with an option clause that could make it a two-year contract.

The 49ers have the option to pick up the final two years — 2021 and 2022 — on Gould’s deal and they must do so before the regular-season finale Jan. 3. If they exercise the option, the 49ers would fully guarantee $2.25 million of Gould’s 2021 salary of $4.5 million, according to OverTheCap.com. In addition, $2.25 million of Gould’s 2022 salary would become fully guaranteed April 1.

Gould's only bad year since 2017 has been 2019, when he had 75 percent success. In all these other years, including this one, he's been in the 90s.

Age isn't so much an issue with these guys. Vinitieri went to age 47. Dawson went to age 43, age 41 with the 49ers.

They have until Jan. 3 to sign him, and that'll mean guaranteed salary of 2.5MM over the two year contract. That's a stable island that they'll need for at least 2021.

Would be very surprised if they did not sign him.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• What do Niner fans think about the Josh Rosen pickup? Is there another thread on it?
    He looked serviceable at times for the Cards but sure can't blame them for upgrading to Kyler Murray. He seemed to be a bit of an ass at first too, but being benched and traded in the NFL is a humbling experience so that's probably not an issue anymore.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• Not here, but there are pretty extensive threads on Webzone and on Niners Nation.

Pretty much everyone sees this as an audition opportunity for Rosen with him getting some tryout live time in the Cards game UNLESS Beathard is killing it in his start against ARI.

Rosen's only 23 and a former first rounder, after all. If he shows stats and no turnovers against Seattle then he has a very good chance of beating Beathard for the QB3 next year. If he actually wins or if they lose by say a fg against Seattle, he has a good chance of being QB2.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:

Yeah.. like the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Don't you remember all the class shown by Niner nation? :D
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    rlkats wrote:

Yeah.. like the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Don't you remember all the class shown by Niner nation? :D

Ya Loaf I do. This is why I have the last sentence in my statement “ You remind me of the pathetic classless niner fans we all hate”.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Suggest that caving to injuries is a poor excuse for failing= classless

Name calling= classy

9ers fans..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• On Saturday, the Hawks' rooting interest is with the 49ers as the Cards could affect our playoff seeding whereas the 49ers will not, especially if we do not get the W on Sunday.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:On Saturday, the Hawks' rooting interest is with the 49ers as the Cards could affect our playoff seeding whereas the 49ers will not, especially if we do not get the W on Sunday.

Wish my niners could help you all. We just don’t have the horses in this race. We still have not figured out how to stop mobile QB’s.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Well, at least they have a QB. Broncos had to play a game without one. 49ers have had a cursed year.
    diver110
    NET Starter

• diver110 wrote:Well, at least they have a QB. Broncos had to play a game without one. 49ers have had a cursed year.

This is an insane season for many teams. I had no clue the Ron is had to play without a QB. Crazy.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:On Saturday, the Hawks' rooting interest is with the 49ers as the Cards could affect our playoff seeding whereas the 49ers will not, especially if we do not get the W on Sunday.

Wish my niners could help you all. We just don’t have the horses in this race. We still have not figured out how to stop mobile QB’s.

I'd say you stopped one such "mobile QB" effectively. 12-20 effectively.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:Is it 27? I wasn't sure as it hasn't been repeated multiple times in other threads.

You keep trying to push empathy, but its pretty transparent.. its professional sports. Crack on. im not celebrating their injuries, never would. But you get over it or concede.

This whoa is me program you're running for them though is a boring read. Just gave you an example of another team who had significant injuries to their best players (most of who are considered the best in the world at their positions) and wree replaced with literal teenagers and are in 1st place.

Nothing to do with rivalry. Its the number of times you've posted about their crisis on here.

They could get on or not.

As for having to play in AZ... They're playing a sport for money. I bet they're ok.

People watch soccer? Weird
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:On Saturday, the Hawks' rooting interest is with the 49ers as the Cards could affect our playoff seeding whereas the 49ers will not, especially if we do not get the W on Sunday.

I'd say you stopped one such "mobile QB" effectively. 12-20 effectively.

I did not expect that result of the cards game. Kyler was off.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Just for the record...

...not looking for pity. Football is a rough sport. Players get injured. Sometimes teams just have really bad luck. This was one of those years for SF and COVID just added to it. It is what it is.

I can go on and on about the ridiculousness of the 49ers situation this year, but no excuses. They are 6-10. Just don't try to convince me that this year WASN'T outside the norm. LOL.

However, anyone trying to make the case that this is somehow who the Niners are now is sorely mistaken. This ain't about excuses. This is about what you can expect them to be in the future.

This year they got wacked hard with the injury stick. Such is life.

If you expect this to be their plight next year and you think them to again be a 6-10 team, you are sorely mistaken.

They will be a different squad next year. A lot of free agents and a few coaches will be gone. My guess tho is that there will be ALOT of vets out there this year who get released for Salary Cap purposes looking into getting to teams on one year deals to explore free agency NEXT year when the cap (hopefully) increases quite a bit.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• They were in the Super Bowl last year. Look, I hate the Niners, but injuries are a massive contributor to how they finished this season. That's just common sense, that is too much to ask for ANY team to overcome how many injured guys they had. And not just average players.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Marvin49 wrote:Just for the record...

...not looking for pity. Football is a rough sport. Players get injured. Sometimes teams just have really bad luck. This was one of those years for SF and COVID just added to it. It is what it is.

I can go on and on about the ridiculousness of the 49ers situation this year, but no excuses. They are 6-10. Just don't try to convince me that this year WASN'T outside the norm. LOL.

However, anyone trying to make the case that this is somehow who the Niners are now is sorely mistaken. This ain't about excuses. This is about what you can expect them to be in the future.

If you expect this to be their plight next year and you think them to again be a 6-10 team, you are sorely mistaken.

They will be a different squad next year. A lot of free agents and a few coaches will be gone. My guess tho is that there will be ALOT of vets out there this year who get released for Salary Cap purposes looking into getting to teams on one year deals to explore free agency NEXT year when the cap (hopefully) increases quite a bit.

Agreed and great points.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:They were in the Super Bowl last year. Look, I hate the Niners, but injuries are a massive contributor to how they finished this season. That's just common sense, that is too much to ask for ANY team to overcome how many injured guys they had. And not just average players.

Most injured team in the NFL, more than 70 players play in only 1 game this season, that's a lot of practice squad 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers.

Hopefully next year guys will be back at full strength and we won't have HEALTHY players sitting out games because of COVID protocols.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Just for the record...

Well my thoughts are we had a rough go but made it back, but our injuries were all over, the schedule and short off season made it hard for guys to get right again before they strap on gear, even a nagging injury can turn major if stressed again.

Earl, Kam and Sherman were not right most the season, losing Avril and and our slot guy was too much with a secondary on crutches really.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information