Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WFT @ Eagles

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:23 pm
  • GO EAGLES!

    Would really love to see a 6-10 Division "Champion" NYG in the playoffs :lol:
    renofox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm
    Location: Reno, NV


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:32 pm
  • renofox wrote:GO EAGLES!

    Would really love to see a 6-10 Division "Champion" NYG in the playoffs :lol:


    This is exactly my rooting interest. There's so much hatred for the Corruption that loads of people would be pissed to see them in the playoffs, but, I still would prefer a 6-10 division winner. That will also piss a lot of people off. Plus, the New Jersey Giants are my favourite team in that division.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2852
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:40 pm
  • wtf Eagles? 4th and goal from the 4 and you go for it when a FG ties the game? You had 3 shots from the 5 and made 1 yard. Why do you think you'll make it on the 4th try?
    renofox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm
    Location: Reno, NV


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:00 pm
  • If Hurts isn't injured, then I don't know what the Sudfeld is going on out there.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2852
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:13 pm
  • I for one am looking forward to Young and Sweat wrecking shop in the playoffs.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 273
    Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:45 pm


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:16 pm
  • Doug Pederson must really hate the Giants to commit so many blatant acts of sabotage.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2852
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:20 pm
  • Threedee wrote:Doug Pederson must really hate the Giants to commit so many blatant acts of sabotage.


    No doubt. Put in a ?Sudfeld? who proceeds to throw an INT and then lose a fumble. 2 turnovers in 5 plays.

    Giving the game to WFT.
    renofox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm
    Location: Reno, NV


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:24 pm
  • 4th and 1 so Philly jumps offsides.

    They hate NY so much they're handing WFT the game on purpose. :twisted:
    renofox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm
    Location: Reno, NV


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:31 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 7525
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:32 pm
  • I hate the Eagles just a little bit more. Coaches usually try quite a bit harder to disguise a deliberate loss. Holy heck that was painful.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2852
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:35 pm
  • Its called the Alex Smith and riverboat Ron feel good story. Nfl will probably help the Eagles with their atrocious cap situation in return. Nfl fixed??...never,never....
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 10939
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:49 pm

Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:53 am
  • There was NOTHING to be gained for the Eagles by winning. This was literally about several spots in the draft.. maybe even parlaying a higher pick for a couple 2nd rounders or some other combo. They need a QB badly and there is potential to find a functional one. If JS were in that situation that one pick would end up resulting in 6 picks from rounds 2-4
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 6375
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:17 pm
    Location: Lake Tapps, WA


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:06 pm
  • The insertion of Sudfeld (that guy that the Eagles sat in a healthy scratch for Josh McCown) in a competitive game, in primetime, goes against why most people tune in. It may be understandable from an immediate strategic standpoint, but now Pedersen is that guy who put starters' bodies on the line just to say, nah, I didn't want to win.

    Sports Illustrated writer's calling for a draft lottery.

    Tanking is not a widespread problem in the NFL, but it probably will be soon. The NFL would be wise to head that off before something even more embarrassing happens. All the league needs is a little humility (not the NFL’s strong suit), some forward thinking (the league has a mixed record there) and a desire for more revenue (hey now!).

    The NFL should institute a draft lottery. This would require two painful admissions: that some people in the league might actually try to lose; and that the NBA (and NHL) had a great idea long before the NFL. But a lottery would radically change the conversation around the league’s worst teams every year, and … well, this is a crazy idea, just hear me out, but maybe the league could find some sort of television partner to broadcast the lottery. The ratings would probably dwarf most playoff games in other sports.

    For most of its existence, the NFL did not need a draft lottery. The league’s once-a-week, every-game-matters ethos was dominant, and the structure of so many contracts means that players are perpetually trying to earn the next year’s salary. They are what they put on tape, and they knew it.

    But now the best front offices make cold, math-based decisions. It is no coincidence the Eagles, celebrated for incorporating analytics on their Super Bowl run three years ago, are the team that appeared to tank most brazenly.


    https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/04/eagle ... ft-lottery
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8073
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:45 pm
  • Thats all just $h!t and remarkably hypocritical of people complaining about it.

    First, Hurts was barely average last night.

    Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a $h!t team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

    Teams like the Eagles, the Bills, the Steelers are not and should not be subject to the needs of other teams.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:07 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Thats all just $h!t and remarkably hypocritical of people complaining about it.

    First, Hurts was barely average last night.

    Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a $h!t team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

    Teams like the Eagles, the Bills, the Steelers are not and should not be subject to the needs of other teams.


    Except that a tank philosophy hurts the NFL's bottom line, especially when it's this blatant.

    Who's going to sit through three and a half hours liberally interspersed with ads for verizon, Toyota, progressive insurance, Rocket Mortgage when the outcome gets thrown? It'd be like if Pete pulled Russ for Geno or worse one of the PS guys in the 4q when he started to get hot because, oh well, the GB and Saints appeared to have it in the bag.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8073
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:17 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Thats all just $h!t and remarkably hypocritical of people complaining about it.

    First, Hurts was barely average last night.

    Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a $h!t team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

    Teams like the Eagles, the Bills, the Steelers are not and should not be subject to the needs of other teams.


    Except that a tank philosophy hurts the NFL's bottom line, especially when it's this blatant.

    Who's going to sit through three and a half hours liberally interspersed with ads for verizon, Toyota, progressive insurance, Rocket Mortgage when the outcome gets thrown? It'd be like if Pete pulled Russ for Geno or worse one of the PS guys in the 4q when he started to get hot because, oh well, the GB and Saints appeared to have it in the bag.


    Where is the proof that it hurts the bottom line?

    Hell, if anything, it makes a rather bland game worth talking about, which is the only thing that the NFL cares about. You think Giants fans were turning away from that game last night?

    No..

    and again, you can keep going with these hypothetical scenarios, but it happens every year at this time. Happened it atleast 4 games yesterday.

    And it wouldn't have mattered at all to anyone if the Seahawks pulled Russ yesterday. Hell, you were whining on here that it just wasnt fair that the poor 9ers had so many players on IR and the game wouldn't be entertaining. Yet, their they were with a 3rd string QB and a lead in the 4th. The outcomes aren't being thrown. There was little guarantee that Hurts was going to make any more of an impact on the game than he already had (minimal in the 2nd half) or that his backup would not have made a positive impact, like many backups did yesterday. How did Hawk fans feel with Adams, Reed, Penny all carrying injuries at the end of that meaningless 4th quarter yesterday?

    Do less people tune into a meaningless Vikings-Lions game if the starting QBs sit?

    The Jets and Jags were getting $h!t for trying to win ffs..

    That's the level of BS that is in this argument. People, like you, constantly changing their perspective to fit their narrative.

    To be clear.. no issue with a draft lottery scenario being implemented.. but this righteous indignation on the spot because a 6-10 team lost a playoff spot because a 4 win team couldn't win a game for them is just dumb.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:16 pm
  • You're local market to the Vikings/Lions game and most people (even fans of other teams) do tune in when it's right there for free in front of them. And afterward it was like many other games, where the losing team was calling out the refs for favoring the Vikings. And this is more normal. This is what's more expected.

    Directing us to our game, how would you have felt if Pete pulled our crucial pieces in Q4 and just let the Niners run all over us with their #3 QB, their replacement LS/kicker, all sorts of injury problems and crater 20-6 to THEM?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8073
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:25 pm
  • I already told you.. I wouldn't care..

    Game was meaningless.. if anything would've wondered why 9ers backups are better.

    What if Wilson goes down on a meaningless play in a meaningless game, a question you failed to answer in regards to Adams.

    Why did you make so many excuses for the 9ers only for them to play good football,and then just assume the Hawks backups couldn't?

    Pick a narrative.. youre just moving the goalposts.

    Personally, teams can make whatever choice is best for them. Thats the power we give a multibillion dollar industry. The faux outrage about something that happens all the time in sports is just pontificating
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:57 pm
  • Don't like it, Giants? Don't be f***ing 6-10. I laughed heartily at the Eagles benching Hurts.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 32124
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:37 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:I already told you.. I wouldn't care..

    Game was meaningless.. if anything would've wondered why 9ers backups are better.

    What if Wilson goes down on a meaningless play in a meaningless game, a question you failed to answer in regards to Adams.

    Why did you make so many excuses for the 9ers only for them to play good football,and then just assume the Hawks backups couldn't?

    Pick a narrative.. youre just moving the goalposts.

    Personally, teams can make whatever choice is best for them. Thats the power we give a multibillion dollar industry. The faux outrage about something that happens all the time in sports is just pontificating


    I listed the 9ers injuries and said if they weren't all that, working with basically a JV crew, that we would be able to dispatch them by halftime and that would be that.

    If we were up 20-6 at the half actually, I would have wanted more dispatching to go on because of Pete Ball, but if PC had pulled Russ, Lockett, etc. at the half when it was tied I would have questioned far more whether the Hawks were all that. And then probably gone and done laundry
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8073
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:59 pm
  • Questioned whether a playoff team was all that because they pulled starters in a meaningless part of the game?

    Ok.. but who cares? "Oh no! A 9ers fan thinks poorly of the seahawks!!!"

    What does "pete ball" have to do with anything? Again, you're only argument here is whether you personally find entertainment in a specific situation. And again, you contradict yourself by spending weeks in the buildup making excuses for a 9ers team which was still quite capable of playing well but don't afford the same logic to the seahawks if they pulled Russ? Whatever..

    Personally.. with Adams in doubt, I'm questioning the logic of playing your starters against a $h!t 9ers team not going to the playoffs
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:12 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Thats all just $h!t and remarkably hypocritical of people complaining about it.

    First, Hurts was barely average last night.

    Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a $h!t team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

    Teams like the Eagles, the Bills, the Steelers are not and should not be subject to the needs of other teams.


    Notwithstanding that a lot of people hate the Washington Corruption, they still would have complained about a 6-10 NJ Giants in the playoffs. Of course, they wouldn't have been subjected to that Eagles tank job, so, there wouldn't be anything to distract them from a Giants division win.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2852
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:51 am
  • Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that “many Eagles players and coaches were shocked and outraged” by the decision to remove quarterback Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld in the second half of the Week 17 game.

    Per the report, two defensive players “had to be held back” from confronting coach Doug Pederson. McLane also reports that center Jason Kelce (pictured) and another offensive starter approach Pederson for an explanation as to the move.

    Pederson explained after the loss that he was trying to win the game. On Monday, Pederson gave a rambling non-answer when asked again about the perception that the Eagles weren’t trying to secure a victory that would have knocked Washington out of the playoffs and would have delivered the NFC East title to the Giants.


    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... len-hurts/

    Coach could have told his players, at least, of his intentions.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8073
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:07 am
  • Threedee wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Thats all just $h!t and remarkably hypocritical of people complaining about it.

    First, Hurts was barely average last night.

    Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a $h!t team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

    Teams like the Eagles, the Bills, the Steelers are not and should not be subject to the needs of other teams.


    Notwithstanding that a lot of people hate the Washington Corruption, they still would have complained about a 6-10 NJ Giants in the playoffs. Of course, they wouldn't have been subjected to that Eagles tank job, so, there wouldn't be anything to distract them from a Giants division win.


    The whole story is just nonsense. If it was the Giants involved, or didnt result in a team getting a playoff spot, no one would care.

    And so I ask again, why are the Eagles responsible for the Giants?

    And last, I still dont get why it's a "tank job?"

    Jalen Hurts was 7 for 20 for 72 yards and an INT before being benched.

    The Eagles players that needed to be "held back" (sure they did) shouldve paid more attention to what their coach was saying in the buildup to the game.

    Look, did the Eagles "try" to win the game? Not really. But they had 4 wins. They hadn't really been trying to win all season. But they didn't try and lose either. They took a bad QB who was having a pretty poor game out of the game. They put in a QB they may need to have as their 2nd string next season because their current 2nd stringer is tossing a fit about being benched.

    This whole story is media driven. Its more embarrassing to read the faux indignation because a 6 win Giants team couldn't back into a playoff spot they didnt deserve than the actual performance of either Eagles QB
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:20 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Threedee wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Thats all just $h!t and remarkably hypocritical of people complaining about it.

    First, Hurts was barely average last night.

    Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a $h!t team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

    Teams like the Eagles, the Bills, the Steelers are not and should not be subject to the needs of other teams.


    Notwithstanding that a lot of people hate the Washington Corruption, they still would have complained about a 6-10 NJ Giants in the playoffs. Of course, they wouldn't have been subjected to that Eagles tank job, so, there wouldn't be anything to distract them from a Giants division win.


    The whole story is just nonsense. If it was the Giants involved, or didnt result in a team getting a playoff spot, no one would care.

    And so I ask again, why are the Eagles responsible for the Giants?

    And last, I still dont get why it's a "tank job?"

    Jalen Hurts was 7 for 20 for 72 yards and an INT before being benched.

    The Eagles players that needed to be "held back" (sure they did) shouldve paid more attention to what their coach was saying in the buildup to the game.

    Look, did the Eagles "try" to win the game? Not really. But they had 4 wins. They hadn't really been trying to win all season. But they didn't try and lose either. They took a bad QB who was having a pretty poor game out of the game. They put in a QB they may need to have as their 2nd string next season because their current 2nd stringer is tossing a fit about being benched.

    This whole story is media driven. Its more embarrassing to read the faux indignation because a 6 win Giants team couldn't back into a playoff spot they didnt deserve than the actual performance of either Eagles QB


    It's about the integrity of the game, not much different then a Ref making calls to slant a teams chances.In this case to jump up in the draft, but also what about the incentives for the players in their contracts etc.

    If the NFL goes with this then there should be no PED suspensions either.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 34943
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:09 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Threedee wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Thats all just $h!t and remarkably hypocritical of people complaining about it.

    First, Hurts was barely average last night.

    Second, you get to week 17, you're at the whim of the schedule. That's it. Whining about it because you were affected by another teams decision is nonsense. Sportswriters have been going on and on about how unfair having a $h!t team from the NFC east in the playoffs was, and now they are complaining that the Giants weren't able to back door in?

    Teams like the Eagles, the Bills, the Steelers are not and should not be subject to the needs of other teams.


    Notwithstanding that a lot of people hate the Washington Corruption, they still would have complained about a 6-10 NJ Giants in the playoffs. Of course, they wouldn't have been subjected to that Eagles tank job, so, there wouldn't be anything to distract them from a Giants division win.


    The whole story is just nonsense. If it was the Giants involved, or didnt result in a team getting a playoff spot, no one would care.

    And so I ask again, why are the Eagles responsible for the Giants?

    And last, I still dont get why it's a "tank job?"

    Jalen Hurts was 7 for 20 for 72 yards and an INT before being benched.

    The Eagles players that needed to be "held back" (sure they did) shouldve paid more attention to what their coach was saying in the buildup to the game.

    Look, did the Eagles "try" to win the game? Not really. But they had 4 wins. They hadn't really been trying to win all season. But they didn't try and lose either. They took a bad QB who was having a pretty poor game out of the game. They put in a QB they may need to have as their 2nd string next season because their current 2nd stringer is tossing a fit about being benched.

    This whole story is media driven. Its more embarrassing to read the faux indignation because a 6 win Giants team couldn't back into a playoff spot they didnt deserve than the actual performance of either Eagles QB


    It's about the integrity of the game, not much different then a Ref making calls to slant a teams chances.In this case to jump up in the draft, but also what about the incentives for the players in their contracts etc.

    If the NFL goes with this then there should be no PED suspensions either.


    The integrity of the game? The Eagles gave it their all until the last what, 2 drives? They then replaced a QB who was 7 for 20 for 72 yards and an INT with a different QB. Several teams used their backups on the same day.

    No, this is not about the integrity of the game. Teams do this stuff, in every sport, every year. This is only an issue because it impacted another team. But again, the Eagles are not responsible for the Giants. This whole situation just highlights the hypocrisy of NFL media. I heard Sal Paolantanio ( a lifelong Giants fan) say yesterday the NFL should investigate the Eagles. Why? And to what end?

    If the NFL wants to go to a lottery system, so be it. I dont mind. But where does that stop? Pick 10? 11? Do we really think the 6th pick is THAT much better than the 9th? Worthy of the subterfuge and conspiracy some of the media are trying to present here? Nah, this whole thing is just sour grapes from NYers.

    The PED suspensions is just a weird comparison. Literally makes no sense.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:04 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Threedee wrote:
    Notwithstanding that a lot of people hate the Washington Corruption, they still would have complained about a 6-10 NJ Giants in the playoffs. Of course, they wouldn't have been subjected to that Eagles tank job, so, there wouldn't be anything to distract them from a Giants division win.


    The whole story is just nonsense. If it was the Giants involved, or didnt result in a team getting a playoff spot, no one would care.

    And so I ask again, why are the Eagles responsible for the Giants?

    And last, I still dont get why it's a "tank job?"

    Jalen Hurts was 7 for 20 for 72 yards and an INT before being benched.

    The Eagles players that needed to be "held back" (sure they did) shouldve paid more attention to what their coach was saying in the buildup to the game.

    Look, did the Eagles "try" to win the game? Not really. But they had 4 wins. They hadn't really been trying to win all season. But they didn't try and lose either. They took a bad QB who was having a pretty poor game out of the game. They put in a QB they may need to have as their 2nd string next season because their current 2nd stringer is tossing a fit about being benched.

    This whole story is media driven. Its more embarrassing to read the faux indignation because a 6 win Giants team couldn't back into a playoff spot they didnt deserve than the actual performance of either Eagles QB


    It's about the integrity of the game, not much different then a Ref making calls to slant a teams chances.In this case to jump up in the draft, but also what about the incentives for the players in their contracts etc.

    If the NFL goes with this then there should be no PED suspensions either.


    The integrity of the game? The Eagles gave it their all until the last what, 2 drives? They then replaced a QB who was 7 for 20 for 72 yards and an INT with a different QB. Several teams used their backups on the same day.

    No, this is not about the integrity of the game. Teams do this stuff, in every sport, every year. This is only an issue because it impacted another team. But again, the Eagles are not responsible for the Giants. This whole situation just highlights the hypocrisy of NFL media. I heard Sal Paolantanio ( a lifelong Giants fan) say yesterday the NFL should investigate the Eagles. Why? And to what end?

    If the NFL wants to go to a lottery system, so be it. I dont mind. But where does that stop? Pick 10? 11? Do we really think the 6th pick is THAT much better than the 9th? Worthy of the subterfuge and conspiracy some of the media are trying to present here? Nah, this whole thing is just sour grapes from NYers.

    The PED suspensions is just a weird comparison. Literally makes no sense.


    No PED's are supposedly performance enhancement drugs, doesn't that tilt the field as much as changing the personnel on the field to put in lesser players to sway the performance on the field.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 34943
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:40 pm
  • No?

    First, personnel changes are not illegal. 2nd, and again I think this gets overlooked, Hurts played most the game and was mediocre. Noone seems to count all the losses the Eagles took with Hurts after they benched Wentz, either. The assumption here is backups can't get it done, yet a backup got the Bears to the playoff (both in their wins and the 9ers subs beating the cardinals).

    The Eagles can do what they want. They played the game, made a sub because, for them, there was nothing at stake. The coach has to rationalize that with his returning vets, but thats his job.

    The playing field was level.. the Giants didn't do enough to win the division. Thats on them.. they also blew a late lead to the Eagles earlier in the season.

    I have no doubt the Eagles gave two $h!t about this game. But they did nothing wrong playing a backup. Certainly nothing nefarious or scandalous. Hell, the new qb came on and tried to throw. If he takes knee, then sure, that's $h!t.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:08 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Don't like it, Giants? Don't be f***ing 6-10. I laughed heartily at the Eagles benching Hurts.

    This.

    Win. More. Games.

    I’d be saying that if the Hawks were in the Giants shoes.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 33429
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: WFT @ Eagles
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:38 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Don't like it, Giants? Don't be f***ing 6-10. I laughed heartily at the Eagles benching Hurts.

    This.

    Win. More. Games.

    I’d be saying that if the Hawks were in the Giants shoes.


    Yep, +3. If you go 6-10 and are even in the conversation you are on Fantasy Island with Ricardo and Herve. Heh... when the Eagles made the QB change it was pretty effing funny.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 6375
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:17 pm
    Location: Lake Tapps, WA




It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests