Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Are The Saints Offering for Russ?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
How Much Are The Saints Offering for Russ?
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:22 pm
  • I can't recall where I heard it, possibly Total Access but one of the teams mentioned that put feelers out for Russ was the Saints. Well duh, makes perfect sense. Drew is likely retiring and they had great success with a similar-sized QB. They don't want to settle for Winston if they can get Wilson. It would be like winning the lottery.

    So I wonder, what kind of deal are the Saints offering?

    And yes, I fully realize I cannot believe I am even posting this thread.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14868
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Aros wrote:I can't recall where I heard it, possibly Total Access but one of the teams mentioned that put feelers out for Russ was the Saints. Well duh, makes perfect sense. Drew is likely retiring and they had great success with a similar-sized QB. They don't want to settle for Winston if they can get Wilson. It would be like winning the lottery.

    So I wonder, what kind of deal are the Saints offering?

    And yes, I fully realize I cannot believe I am even posting this thread.

    The price would be too high for the Saints.
    The only way I’d even remotely consider this is if you had a trade in the works for Watson.
    Maybe a 3-way deal?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 33355
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • I don't know how the Saints would be able to take on RW's contract (or any contract for that matter) with their cap situation.
    Hawks 'n Nucks
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 48
    Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:17 am


  • Hawks 'n Nucks wrote:I don't know how the Saints would be able to take on RW's contract (or any contract for that matter) with their cap situation.

    Good point.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 33355
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • They don't have high enough picks to get it done. It would have to be 1s and an assortment of 1st round calibre players such as Ramczyk, Lattimore, Thomas. Same with the Cowboys rumors - players would have to be involved for it to be enough, Lamb, Diggs etc
    KinesProf
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 268
    Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 am


  • KinesProf wrote:They don't have high enough picks to get it done. It would have to be 1s and an assortment of 1st round calibre players such as Ramczyk, Lattimore, Thomas. Same with the Cowboys rumors - players would have to be involved for it to be enough, Lamb, Diggs etc

    *allas wouldn’t have enough talent to offer, and the not sure they have the draft picks or cap space to do it.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 33355
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Dallas wouldn’t have enough talent to offer?! Wait a minute — this team gets A+++ draft grades from the experts year in and year out. Something doesn’t add up here!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1798
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


  • If the Saint's wanted to trade for Wilson, they'd essentially have to be willing to destroy their elite defense. I don't think Seattle would want Ramczyk or Thomas, so it would probably come down to a package centered around Marcus Williams, Lattimore, Davenport, plus picks, which would be insane from both perspectives. It would be like Seattle, in 2013, trading Sherman, Thomas, and Irvin for Aaron Rodgers. The Saint's would essentially be giving Seattle the best defense in the NFC while hedging they never find an adequate QB to replace Russ.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2675
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am


  • The Saints draft too late to make it workable, in my opinion. But if there is another Moneyball type QB the Seahawks have identified and feel good about.. ok.. But I want 3 #1s and probably a 2nd rounder and then maybe a role player with a low cap number. Dont want a bunch of established stars with huge cap numbers or players about to need to be paid.
    Vetamur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6877
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:41 pm




It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 51 guests