#1 seed in the NFC

JonRud

Reaction score
If we can beat the Colts this week then i think we will definitely get HFA. a 5-0 start with 3 difficult road 10am starts out of the way - we will be in prime position.

This will be a very hard game w/ the O-Line still banged up, but hopefully the defense will come up with a huge effort and we can pull it out.

sutz

Reaction score
Love the back and forth. :laugh:

I'm usually a 'one game at a time' kind of guy, but I've come to love this kind of fan speculation. I have confidence that the team has the correct attitude, as stated by Russ: "1-0 every week."

True, there is a LOT of season left. But also true: the team has set itself up nicely moving forward. It's always better to play from ahead than behind. It's true in-game and through the season. Better them trying to catch us than us trying to catch someone else and going back to praying that the Giants don't tank to New Orleans so we get into the playoffs from some arcane 4th level tie breaker. Hopefully, those days are gone for now.

:mrgreen:

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkWow":ifexnwrz said:
My offseason prediction not only remains the same, but I am even more confident now (in regards to regular season play...but less confident that we'll win it all).

Yes, we have 75% of the reg season left, but barring the unforeseeable, I am:

90% certain we sweep the division
100% certain we win every home game.
75% certain we are top seed in the NFC
75% certain we will represent the NFC in the SB.

25% certain we win the SB (vs. *Denver).

* As of this writing, should Denver be our opponent, I don't see us winning the game by playing 2 qtrs. of football. Manning is a killer and will cut us up before we wake up, likely building a halftime lead that will be insurmountable. We need to start clicking on the road, like soon.

Just curious, but how are you 100% certain we go 8-0 at home ?

New Orleans' strength is passing to the middle of the field, and getting pressure on the QB. Our LBers are terrible in coverage, especially to TE's, and they have the best TE in the game. Plus, our OL has shitty pass pro, and that is the strength of the NO defense. They aren't that great against the run, and their secondary is average, but they get elite pressure on the QB, which kills us. I wouldn't just write them off.....they haven't shown many weaknesses this year.

In looking at HFA, you look at our schedule, and the schedule of the most likely other team to win it....this would be NO at this point of the year. 13 wins looks likely for us, but will that be enough ? Will NO get 13 wins ? That makes our H2H matchup with them pretty much the most crucial aspect of getting the #1 seed.

plyka

Reaction score
12thManNorth":1q5w2je5 said:
Yesterday's win was HUGE for us in the chase for the #1 seed. To me, this is what this season is now about. Goes without saying, but if we get 2 home playoff games, our chances are HUGE that we'll make the Superbowl The Hawks have proven they can win on the road, but they've also proven they enjoy starting games in huge holes and rolling the dice at the end of games. The hearts of the 12th man don't need that.

In the NFC, the only other unbeaten team is New Orleans, who we play at home this year. They've got a tough sched remaining this year also. The other top contenders are SF (2-2 plus we have the tiebreaker currently), ATL 1-3, and GB 1-2. I think Chicago & Detroit are pretenders.

I'm pencilling in 8-0 at home. The only tough matchup is the New Orleans game, but I don't see the Saints comin to the CLINK and beating us at that stage. Titans without Locker. Bucs suck. Vikings suck. Cardinals suck. Rams suck

With our remaining 6 road games, @Indy, @Zona, @STL, @ATL, @SF, and @NYG, I think all we have to do is go 3-3 in them and we'll lock up the #1 seed with 13 wins.

With our last 2 games at home the Hawks will be back in Seattle on Dec 15/16th and won't have to travel unless they do to the Superbowl in February, even further increasing our chances at playoff success.

Let's get it done !!!!

Wow, great post. You make one hellavu argument for the Seahawks getting that #1 seed, despite it being so early in the season. As I've said over and over, the only concern I have is the Oline. Okung is desperately needed, but hopefully he'll be back in full swing by playoff time. I think Cable needs to get to these guys and let them know that their performances have been shambolic, and it is necessary they play on the same level as the rest of the team. Bring in some extra talent if at all possible. Trades, off the street signings, whatever.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3lf2rsaa said:
For those who haven't look at New Orleans remaining sched, they have some REAL tough games remaining.

@ Chicago
@ New England
vs San Fran
@ Atlanta
@ Seattle

Plus a home and home against Carolina who always seems to give them problems and road games against the Rams and Jets, both of whom could win those games
The @Seattle game is gonna be for the #1 seed--we're talking about basically a playoff game here. I don't think our game against SF is going to matter that much--we'll still ream them. We'll be totally in control of the div by then as we are now and will be all year.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We're tied for the #1 seed again, as NO has lost. I was going to start a new topic for this but I didn't want to piss anyone off and I remembered this one. Hold onto that seed, Hawks!