11 points

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ramfan128":h1lnjq34 said:
It was awesome to have the game over by halftime and be able to watch more of the Seahawks and Niners games (had all three on).

Exciting but, I'm sure the Niners were excited by their 28-0 beatdown of the Rams last year.

This feels different, and the Rams are IMO loaded with talent across the board - if Goff can just play like an average NFL QB, we could approach 10 wins this year. But if actually does remains to be seen.

Next week will tell me more about this team. The Redskins looked bad yesterday, so they will be playing like their season depends on it, and obviously will trot out a better QB and defense than the Colts did yesterday.

I think the Rams will be the team to beat in the NFC West. Cards and 49ers looked very bad. Palmer looked god awful

mikeak

Reaction score
LA Rams got rid of an underperforming coach that doesn't understand a modern NFL offense

We will see if that gives them result for the rest of the season. It sure is an intriguing concept...... :stirthepot:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2my0t9yf said:
Ramfan128":2my0t9yf said:
It was awesome to have the game over by halftime and be able to watch more of the Seahawks and Niners games (had all three on).

Exciting but, I'm sure the Niners were excited by their 28-0 beatdown of the Rams last year.

This feels different, and the Rams are IMO loaded with talent across the board - if Goff can just play like an average NFL QB, we could approach 10 wins this year. But if actually does remains to be seen.

Next week will tell me more about this team. The Redskins looked bad yesterday, so they will be playing like their season depends on it, and obviously will trot out a better QB and defense than the Colts did yesterday.

I think the Rams will be the team to beat in the NFC West. Cards and 49ers looked very bad. Palmer looked god awful

I'm sure you mean for the Hawks, but obviously the Seahawks are the team to beat in the NFC West.

Obviously I loved the results yesterday, but the Seahawks are going to kill the Niners Sunday, and if the Rams don't beat the Redskins, that could easily be the last we see of first place. I imagine it was frustrating to see the OL issues the Hawks had - it sucks when as a fan (and in the Seahawks case, the whole world) you know a position is weak and then you see that on gameday.

But it's dangerous to make predictions based on one game, and if not for that "block in the back" call, the Seahawks easily could have won that game. If I were you guys I would come up with a "fail mary" version of block in the back to troll Packers fans with..

adeltaY

Reaction score
RedAlice":3rb26310 said:
adeltaY":3rb26310 said:
I mean Scott Tolzein was pretty damn horrific. Props for blowing out a bad team, which is good, yes. We're just saying y'all haven't earned much credibility yet. Remember, the Rams were 3-1 last year and in first place for a bit.... Similar to how the Jags wrecking the Texans this week isn't as impressive as it seems looking at the box score.

Just checked, I need to stop engaging w Newbies who don't actually know anything about football.

Wow that's pretty condescending. Just throwing a thought out there, didn't intend to offend you.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Popeyejones":15zkr1q3 said:
5_Golden_Rings":15zkr1q3 said:
RedAlice":15zkr1q3 said:
chris98251":15zkr1q3 said:
They fired the QB killer and got someone that believes in offense.

McVay is real.

And, this was his first game. Lots of ups and downs to come as he learns....but, I am happy to finally have a coach I can believe in.

The fact is Goff is way underrated here. Had he been in this draft he probably goes number 1 again, or at worst number 2. People kept talking about how bad his rookie year was, but compare it to other rookies, like Alex Smith. Goff has all the tools. The only problem with him was his scheme in college left him unprepared for NFL offenses. If he's gotten over that hurdle, he's going to quickly rise among NFL QBs, because he can make every throw, and many that half the league cannot, and he has a quick on field mind (even if his knowledge of the sun is shady) and a quick release.

He's not underrated. He was atrocious last year. Alex Smith also had a hilariously awful rookie year, continued to suck for forever, and at the height of his play is about to get released. In twelve seasons Alex Smith has passed for more than 20TDs in a season once. He is not your guiding light.

Goff might end up a God QB, but he's not underrated here or anywhere else. If he keeps on performing evaluation of him will rise.
Alex Smith threw 1 TD and 11 INTs his rookie year, with a passer rating of 40.8

Jarred Goff on the other hand, was at 5 TD to 7 INT, and a 63.6.

He was bad, but the point is there has been significantly worse. And coming out of college, Goff clearly had more arm talent.

As for Alex Smith now, he's been to the Pro Bowl twice. He is unanimously considered top 15 or so. Is that a disappointment for a number one overall pick? Maybe. But the point is Alex Smith went from ALL TIME awful (rather than merely "atrocious") to universally-agreed-to-be competent.

Josea16

Reaction score
RedAlice":2azwcvfs said:
sdog1981":2azwcvfs said:
Scott Tolzine is the answer you were looking for

Yes, Hawk fan you can pretend like this game was the Colts. Have at that.

I line I have heard for years from Hawk fans: Good teams beat bad teams. As they should.

So, Rams not only beat a bad team, they destroy them. But, it's the Rams so it's nothing? right?

Now if the Hawks beat a bad team, then they are just doing what they are supposed to do.

Got it.

How about those Packers? :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
Seriously? You will get yours soon enough faux Rams fan that seems to post here more than most Seahawks fans. Why's that? Indianapolis is barely better then the Jets if that.

NINEster

Reaction score
If Rams are 3-0 heading into week 4, they will have 88% chance of winning the division.

It's a scary proposition but several years of high draft picks and a #1 overall QB eventually has to work (see harbaugh SF).

Ramfan128

Reaction score
NINEster":1g2kqnsp said:
If Rams are 3-0 heading into week 4, they will have 88% chance of winning the division.

It's a scary proposition but several years of high draft picks and a #1 overall QB eventually has to work (see harbaugh SF).

This was essentially my logic in wondering why the heck so many people had the Rams as a bottom 5 team. Had no clue what to expect because of Goff, but the Rams have, for years, only been a QB away from being a fringe playoff team. Improving the OL and WR in the offseason like we did made is so Alex Smith could lead this team to the playoffs without a doubt IMO. Just have to see if Goff is there.

mikeak

Reaction score
Ramfan128":6e53yy6z said:
NINEster":6e53yy6z said:

This was essentially my logic in wondering why the heck so many people had the Rams as a bottom 5 team. Had no clue what to expect because of Goff, but the Rams have, for years, only been a QB away from being a fringe playoff team. Improving the OL and WR in the offseason like we did made is so Alex Smith could lead this team to the playoffs without a doubt IMO. Just have to see if Goff is there.

Disagree

The Rams have IMHO only been a QB and a new headcoach away

Ramfan128

Reaction score
mikeak":1hpmazu2 said:
Ramfan128":1hpmazu2 said:
NINEster":1hpmazu2 said:

Disagree

The Rams have IMHO only been a QB and a new headcoach away

Ah, yes. I agree.

I try to block out the fact that Fisher used to coach the Rams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One game and they are suddenly a championship contender. Hawks lose a game and people think the season is over. Seems legit :lol:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3gup2idb said:
One game and they are suddenly a championship contender. Hawks lose a game and people think the season is over. Seems legit :lol:

Yea I don't get it. Rams are one game at a time right now...been burned too many times to think we've "arrived".

Seahawks have had these same issues for years....while that might be frustrating (I imagine that it would be), they've found a way to win more often than not....and all it takes is to get home field. When is the last time they lost a home playoff game? 2004 to the Rams..

So even with the OL issues, goal should be to get home field. And even if they don't get it, the Hawks have managed to protect Wilson just enough in some road playoff games too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1do4k7k5 said:
Popeyejones":1do4k7k5 said:
...is how much the Rams outscored the rest of the NFC West combined in Week 1. :lol:

Friggin NFL.

They fired the QB killer and got someone that believes in offense.

They also played the Colts.

rlkats

Reaction score
Been gone for a while. Like to say congrats to the Rams for a solid game, even against the Colts. the way I see the season flowing in the end is

1. Hawks- top 10 D and Wilson some how pulls it out of his tail every year.
2. Rams- ton of talent just needed a good coaching staff
3. Cards- the coach is to good and they still have weapons
4. Niners- have no faith in Hoyer or the turd of an Oline

Good luck on the season all. Here is to a injury free year.

Latest posts