12-2 with almost no contribution from 2013 Draft Class

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Read some article today comparing Luke to Mcdonald from Rice the Niners picked. In that they called Mcdonald a disappointment. So Luke in the fifth is looking like a great pick.

It was a Blount article on ESPN today. Cool.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Polaris":11mqg5je said:
It's more important now to pick wisely rather than having a massive number of picks IMO.
How you feel about picking wisely vs. picking often has a lot to do with how much uncertainty you see in the draft process.

Deterministic: If everything was set in stone, then it would obviously be better for a stacked team like the Seahawks to trade up and put all of their draft resources into just a couple of high picks that would be able to contribute.

Probabilistic: If everything was completely random/uncertain, then the best option is to get as many late round picks as possible and just bring as many unknown rookies with upside to training camp as possible. Each player here is a lottery pick and the more you have, the more successes you will end up with. If you bring 15 rookies to camp and 4 turn into contributors then you are ahead of the game, especially if those 4 are operating under cheap contracts.

Obviously the truth is somewhere in between these extremes, but I gravitate towards the second option. As a result, I still wouldn't mind seeing the Hawks trade down again this offseason.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I would get used it because if we remain elite that means we have good players starting at all positions and consistently low position in the draft.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I would get used it because if we remain elite that means we have good players starting at all positions and consistently low position in the draft.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There are only so many roster spots.
Great teams don't rebuild they RELOAD and this team is set to do just that. This years draft picks will really kick in next year.
They have so much depth, next man up!

sutz

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":294bbq81 said:
Ok, so, how does the average tenure of 3.5 seasons for an NFL player figure in with a rookie that does well enough to be kept by the team, but see's little, if any, playing time?

When does the clock start?
Good question. IMHO, it doesn't. You sign rooks to 3 year deals now IIRC-at least for later rounds, I think that's in the CBA. So, you have 3 seasons to try them out and coach them up, and you aren't spending much money to do so. A lot of them have signing bonuses that are a few thousand or so at most, so there isn't much guaranteed money at stake for a late round draft pick. Then you let the kid try and practice/play himself on to the roster.

And if it takes him 2 years to make the field on a regular basis, that just extends his career by that time, anyway. Much of the 'reason' for short careers is injury, which he won't suffer as often if he's not a full time player. Meanwhile, though, you're drafting competition for him every year.

I don't see a problem.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3sls3c5o said:
Throwdown":3sls3c5o said:
Really only been one disappointment and thats Harvin, but you can't blame him at all..........
Your agenda's showing through.

LOL! "Sulu, Engage cloaking device!"