12 Undrafted Free Agents officially signed

Seafan

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2hqltfcc said:
It's official, from Seahawks.com; 12 UDFA players signed: http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/05/02/seahawks-agree-terms-12-undrafted-rookie-free-agents

Nate Boyer, LS, Green Beret, formerly Texas
Jesse Davis, OT, Idaho
Austin Hill, WR, Arizona
Keenan Lambert, SS, Norfolk State
Ronald Martin, SS, LSU
Quayshawn Nealy, MLB, Georga Tech
Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU
Trovon Reed, DB, Auburn
Alex Singleton, LB, Montana State
Tory Slater, DT, WGU
Rod Smith, RB, Ohio State

These three must be camp invitees:

FS Triston Wade, UTSA (5'11"/185, 4.57 forty, 7 bench, 35.5" vert, 10'01" broad, 4.20 shuttle, 7.33 cone)
WR Ross Apo, BYU (6'3"/212, 4.56 forty, 12 bench, 36.5" vert, 11'02" broad, 4.27 shuttle, 6.99 cone)
TE Michael Hartvigson, UW (6'6"/251, 5.03 forty, 15 bench, 33.5" vert, 9'07" broad, 4.43 shuttle, 7.08 cone)

penihawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2o8so32a said:
HawkFan72":2o8so32a said:
hawknation2015":2o8so32a said:
DT Tory Slater is quite an athletic specimen.

6'4"/290, 4.95 forty, 31 bench, 35" vert, 10'03" broad

10 sacks, 16.5 TFL from the three technique

[youtube]rK7HBAa2PEY[/youtube]

I'm really surprised he wasn't drafted with those numbers.

I'm pumped to see Slater compete for a spot on the 53-man roster. It's hard to find guys with this size/athleticism combo who also play violently.

I am so glad to finally see you excited about a new player. He fits perfect in the athletic/play hard guys the FO looks for. lots to like there.

vonstout

Reaction score
chris98251":2lx8uv2t said:
Seahawk Sailor":2lx8uv2t said:
La'El Collins is still available. Wonder who'll take a chance on him. Could have been a first rounder if not for the legal issues that came up.

He can call his shot when this is done, I am betting hard to sign though, he will want 1st or 2nd round money.

He won't be able to get that much. I believe the rookie pool each team gets to sign their rookies would limit how much he can sign for. I'd think he would be interested in signing here with Okung in his last year. Pete might even consider moving Britt inside if they signed Collins.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm getting jacked up watching Thomas Rawls highlight video. Looks like a Beastmode type of runner. "Bring it to him, or he will bring it to you." Just don't forget to hide your granny's purse when he's around :D
[youtube]F_QO4jgIN28[/youtube]

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Jesse Davis from idaho is intriguing. Seeing as Seattle likes DT'S to convert to the ol because they are more athletic than your average ol prospects. Davis is similar in that vein. He played his first 2 years on the defensive line for idaho. He then played iirc the last two years on the ol so he brings good athleticism to the ol along with more experience than what the 7th round pick. I could see him surprising and making a push for a roster spot. We've had good luck in recent years with udfa olmen. I'll be rooting for him and the other 3 guys. Hopefully we'll see a deeper stronger unit.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FanSince82":1mv00mx4 said:
Hasselbeck":1mv00mx4 said:
FanSince82":1mv00mx4 said:
Roll out the red carpet for Collins. Make his contract contingent on no indictment

He can probably play right away for a Super Bowl contender. No brainer on either end IHO

Considering his case is still very much pending.. it isn't a no brainer by any stretch.
If his contract is league minimum and contingent on the court case, what do we lose?

We potentially pick up a 1st rounder in an area of extreme need for league minimum. The upside greatly outweighs the potential downside (bad pr??)
Maybe JS & PC have a lot more inside information, than what's being leaked out to the general public.
Something has scared off the 32 teams from taking the chance on him.

seabowl

Reaction score
King Dog":2ewp9lxy said:
I'm getting jacked up watching Thomas Rawls highlight video. Looks like a Beastmode type of runner. "Bring it to him, or he will bring it to you." Just don't forget to hide your granny's purse when he's around :D

Watched tape on him this am. I think our backups are as capable if not more than him. I cannot see him making the final 53 unless we trade 24 which ain't happening. Camp fodder.

ctrcat

Reaction score
massari":38u0g40e said:
Seahawk Sailor":38u0g40e said:
La'El Collins is still available. Wonder who'll take a chance on him. Could have been a first rounder if not for the legal issues that came up.

Getting a 1st rounder for free? Would be amazing but 30 other teams will want him if he's cleared aswell....

That's true. IF he's cleared and considering there was mutual interest with the Panthers before the incident with his best friend being former LSU teammate and Panthers OG Trai Turner with only Michael Oher at LT, I can't imagine the Panthers not being like a piranha on a pork chop. I'm sure there'd be others trying to join the fray as well.

Would be a winning lottery ticket but after the Hardy situation much deserved.

Basis4day

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2fs070hn said:
FanSince82":2fs070hn said:
Hasselbeck":2fs070hn said:
FanSince82":2fs070hn said:
Roll out the red carpet for Collins. Make his contract contingent on no indictment

He can probably play right away for a Super Bowl contender. No brainer on either end IHO

Considering his case is still very much pending.. it isn't a no brainer by any stretch.
If his contract is league minimum and contingent on the court case, what do we lose?

We potentially pick up a 1st rounder in an area of extreme need for league minimum. The upside greatly outweighs the potential downside (bad pr??)
Maybe JS & PC have a lot more inside information, than what's being leaked out to the general public.
Something has scared off the 32 teams from taking the chance on him.

The ball is now in Collins' court. He can pick whatever team he wants. He can only make the league minimum for rookies at this point. Assuming he is cleared, his best bet is to go to a team that has desperate need at O-Line and renegotiate his contract after two years (Drafted players must wait three). Teams can only spend approx 90,000 in singing bonuses for all their UDFA.

nanomoz

Reaction score
A couple of incredibly-talented, shit-headed running backs. If either puts it together, they could surprise.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Absent someone else being charged for the double murder, I'm not sure how talking to the police will clear Collins in the short term. Even if he had an alibi, he would be the primary suspect in a possible for-hire killing...

That all said, it will be interesting to see what teams have the money bonus money in their rookie free agent pool to offer Collins if and when he is cleared, and where the Seahawks are on that front after their signings. Being a Baton Rouge native, he may have geographic preferences that would give the Seahawks long odds to land him. But the chance to slide to left tackle here year 2 with Okung a free agent next year would have some appeal to him.

King Dog

Reaction score
seabowl":217kn5gu said:
King Dog":217kn5gu said:

Watched tape on him this am. I think our backups are as capable if not more than him. I cannot see him making the final 53 unless we trade 24 which ain't happening. Camp fodder.

Looks better than Turbin of course.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
keatonisballin":24n6pujc said:
Why would we sign another LS? Didn't we just resign Clint?

It's a feel good story for PR purposes (which is fine). I wouldn't worry about it. He'll be in the first round of cuts if he even makes it that far.

Maybe they'll really push it and let him have a snap in the first preseason game, but I wouldn't read much into him being signed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
FanSince82":2aocsarv said:

The downside is you just signed a murderer, and that's a very real downside.

The problem right now is that because his agent is an idiot there are two reasons that nobody might have drafted him:

1) Teams investigated (which we know they did) and he's involved in the murder of his pregnant ex.

2) His agent was dumb enough to say that he'd enter the draft next year if he was taken to low. If he's innocent because the NFLPA is someone had drafted him even in the 7th he could just sit out the year and enter next year, whereas if he's forced to be an UDFA he's locked into the team he signs with for four years (3 + an RFA year) and can't reenter the draft.

If his agent wasn't an idiot he would have lied through his teeth and said Collins is innocent and will be excited to play for any team that drafts him (and then if he goes late he just sits the year).

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
chet380":326s13ys said:
FanSince82":326s13ys said:
If the kid is completely unconnected to the murder and is only being questioned because he is an ex-boyfriend, then this situation stinks and he has been, and continues to be, unbelievably unfairly treated.
I don't agree with the unfairly treated label.

If innocent, the timing of the police wanting to talk to him is extremely unfortunate for Collins but doesn't constitute unfair treatment by anyone in the NFL... be it the league office or the teams/owners/GMs.

Eligibility requirements for the draft are stipulated in the CBA... the NFLPA and the league office (including owners) mutually set them.

Collins' case is beyond what the league and the union ever envisioned.. and unfortunately for Collins, there is no remedy other than UDFA available to him

hawknation2015

Reaction score
penihawk":28mqzigb said:
hawknation2015":28mqzigb said:
HawkFan72":28mqzigb said:
hawknation2015":28mqzigb said:
DT Tory Slater is quite an athletic specimen.

6'4"/290, 4.95 forty, 31 bench, 35" vert, 10'03" broad

10 sacks, 16.5 TFL from the three technique

[youtube]rK7HBAa2PEY[/youtube]

I'm really surprised he wasn't drafted with those numbers.

I'm pumped to see Slater compete for a spot on the 53-man roster. It's hard to find guys with this size/athleticism combo who also play violently.

I am so glad to finally see you excited about a new player. He fits perfect in the athletic/play hard guys the FO looks for. lots to like there.

I'm excited about every player, particularly our new starting LG Mark Glowinski. :0190l:

Slater is an interesting case study. Physically, he is pretty much the perfect three technique on paper. I pealed back the onion to learn he had just four sacks in the first 30 games of his career. In his final six starts, most of which came in the DII playoffs, Slater recorded NINE sacks. As a former WR, he is very much a late bloomer.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2baxd3go said:
FanSince82":2baxd3go said:

The downside is you just signed a murderer, and that's a very real downside.

The problem right now is that because his agent is an idiot there are two reasons that nobody might have drafted him:

1) Teams investigated (which we know they did) and he's involved in the murder of his pregnant ex.

2) His agent was dumb enough to say that he'd enter the draft next year if he was taken to low. If he's innocent because the NFLPA is someone had drafted him even in the 7th he could just sit out the year and enter next year, whereas if he's forced to be an UDFA he's locked into the team he signs with for four years (3 + an RFA year) and can't reenter the draft.

If his agent wasn't an idiot he would have lied through his teeth and said Collins is innocent and will be excited to play for any team that drafts him (and then if he goes late he just sits the year).
I think there's a very real chance it's #1.

I mean, there are so many teams with needs at that position. They would have done their own investigations and snapped him up in the 3rd round if things were as simple as he says. No way that every team ignores him the whole draft without having real concerns supported by stuff uncovered during their own investigation.

txhawkfan7

Reaction score
Seafan":thriw9p9 said:
Seahawk Sailor":thriw9p9 said:
It's official, from Seahawks.com; 12 UDFA players signed: http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/05/02/seahawks-agree-terms-12-undrafted-rookie-free-agents

Nate Boyer, LS, Green Beret, formerly Texas
Jesse Davis, OT, Idaho
Austin Hill, WR, Arizona
Keenan Lambert, SS, Norfolk State
Ronald Martin, SS, LSU
Quayshawn Nealy, MLB, Georga Tech
Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU
Trovon Reed, DB, Auburn
Alex Singleton, LB, Montana State
Tory Slater, DT, WGU
Rod Smith, RB, Ohio State

These three must be camp invitees:

FS Triston Wade, UTSA (5'11"/185, 4.57 forty, 7 bench, 35.5" vert, 10'01" broad, 4.20 shuttle, 7.33 cone)
WR Ross Apo, BYU (6'3"/212, 4.56 forty, 12 bench, 36.5" vert, 11'02" broad, 4.27 shuttle, 6.99 cone)
TE Michael Hartvigson, UW (6'6"/251, 5.03 forty, 15 bench, 33.5" vert, 9'07" broad, 4.43 shuttle, 7.08 cone)

Triston Wade was signed and not a camp invitee.

Latest posts