12th man overload? when is it enough?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of the old guys, but for me I am the same 12 that I always have been. We didn't have the same information stream that we do now, but other than girls and cars it was all Seahawks for me.

For me it has never been enough. Win or lose, that has never changed.

I remember the few times in the 80s where my parents let me use their seats and how big of a deal the 12th man thing was even then. That is why I laugh so much about the Aggies and their plight. It was huge, just not as marketed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":2rxqmlaa said:
I think a few fans heads have gotten a little big, the whole ring for fans thing is proof of it, and the idea is just corny.

Our Super Bowl memorabilia comes in the form of clothes, DVDs/blu-rays, commemorative magazines, and news paper front pages.

I wish people would just stop it, it's dumb and it's corny. Be a fan, but don't think you should get the same things the players do.
So you think my Seattle Seahawks XLVIII champions full scrotal tattoo with the Hawks logo and Seattle skyline in the background is a little much??? :oops: 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3huu3mxj said:
Throwdown":3huu3mxj said:
I think a few fans heads have gotten a little big, the whole ring for fans thing is proof of it, and the idea is just corny.

Our Super Bowl memorabilia comes in the form of clothes, DVDs/blu-rays, commemorative magazines, and news paper front pages.

I wish people would just stop it, it's dumb and it's corny. Be a fan, but don't think you should get the same things the players do.
So you think my Seattle Seahawks XLVIII champions full scrotal tattoo with the Hawks logo and Seattle skyline in the background is a little much??? :oops: 8)

Depends on if they got the Space Needle in the right place.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2fuyu304 said:
Sports Hernia":2fuyu304 said:
Throwdown":2fuyu304 said:

Depends on if they got the Space Needle in the right place.
Touché!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I hear ya, OP.... I love the 12's and what we mean to the team, but I'm tired of the emphasis on it. Especially in the giveaways for Season ticket holders. I mean, I'm not a fan of the Seattle 12's, I'm a fan of the Seattle Seahawks. Enough of the 12's on everything,

Hawks46

Reaction score
Originally I missed this thread. As to it being overdone to the point of over shadowing players, I find it pretty easy. We create the best homefield advantage in the NFL. Without homefield advantage, we don't make it to the Superbowl. Before anyone gets feisty about it, name any other team that won the SB (or hell, got there) that didn't dominate at home, and have a significantly better home record than away. The only one I can think of was the 1st Giants team (first with Eli Mannning); they were actually better on the road than at home. It's important to ALL teams to be good at home, our fans just give a bigger HFA than other teams do.

It's also gotten into other teams' heads a bit. They know it's going to be tougher here than most places. That's why the Cardinals (and corresponding fan bases) have made such a big deal of them winning up here at the end of last year. Teams and people use that win to know it can be done, and they hold onto it.

I read Earl's blog....here's the quote that affected me the most:

"We all know that Seahawks fans have suffered for a lot of years, so I wanted to do everything in my power to make it a great experience for myself, and a great experience for you. Because it’s not all about me. It’s about all of you, the 12th man"

I'm surprised that our players are cognizant of our history as an organization. They understand how hungry we were for a championship and why. I don't know if that's typical of other NFL teams, but it shows our players actually care about where they play and who they play for.

Latest posts