Would Bear trade #1 for three 1st-round picks?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
If we’re really going pedantic here, he measured 6-1 1/8” officially at the combine, so there’s a whopping 7/8” difference between him and Rodgers or Mahomes. I’ve got people on the Bears forum who also obsess over this stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
If we’re really going pedantic here, he measured 6-1 1/8” officially at the combine, so there’s a whopping 7/8” difference between him and Rodgers or Mahomes. I’ve got people on the Bears forum who also obsess over this stuff.
Darn, I was once told by some lady after a few cocktails that last 7/8" made all the difference.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Three 1sts? I'm struggling to justify that much for any QB in my mind. I didn't watch Caleb except for the game against UW (was not particularly impressed but that's pretty much how I always feel watching college players, so it means nothing).

But three 1sts on a team that needs LBs, Safeties, IOL, etc., etc.? I don't know. He'd have to start basically tomorrow and we don't have an O-Line that can block for him right now (hope Lucas's knee is better!) and right now not much of a run-game to support him.
I agree..too many holes to fill and with new coaches to boot...not sure what the answer is to fill the QB role..especially after this next season

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
toffee's nonexpert evaluation of Celab Williams:
  1. He is not the second coming of Mahomes, he is however the second coming of Russell Wilson. These two are separated by 1 3/8", Wilson was 5' 11 5/8", Williams 6'1". Both QB's claim to fame was how they improvised after pocket breaks down, and they both kept thinking of throwing even when they were on the run.
  2. He shall be insufferable off the field, and again, just like Wilson.
  3. As a 5 star recruit, he could go to any college. He picked Oklahoma, probably influenced by the success of Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray. But Oklahoma had more success under Mayfield and Murray?
  4. Smooth sailing so far, can he handle adversities? Will he run to Mama's arms and have Papa shout down doubters? We don't know.
I look forward to being entertained by the Williams, on and off the field.
As far as comparing to Russell Wilson I have thought the same thing

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I do feel the Bears are not totally sold on Williams if they were he wouldn’t be available in a trade. IMO Poles preference is for a team to offer a trade that the fan base wouldn’t crucify him over if a trade doesn’t happen the Bears pretty much have to draft Willams

KinesProf

Reaction score
I don't think I would if I were the Bears. Now is the time to pull the trigger on a QB.

Eventually they will get a QB evaluation correct. This is a franchise that could have stayed put and picked Mahomes or Stroud in recent years.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
They are one of those teams that's been WRONG so many times it almost seems impossible to be wrong yet again with the amount of draft capitol they've had over the last decade you could've built a dream team lol