2-3 Would Not Be The Time To Panic.

drdiags

Reaction score
I don't mind the loss so much, its just how they lost that is a bit of a bummer for me. I figured it would be tough to get a lead on the Bengals and that eventually the offense would just not be able to catch them. I was hoping for a tough battle and was expecting a loss late.

To have these guys pulling into the lead and going into the 4th quarter up by 17, I figured no way could the air go out of the balloon that fast. Hats off to the Bengals.

Never a dull moment that much I can say. Next up, Carolina Panthers.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am with ya James. I had this game as a loss all the way but they tricked us with their dominance for 3 quarters and 17 point lead heading into the 4th. To give up the game in that fashion is heartbreaking.

I assumed we would keep it close, trailing the whole game and lose with no time remaining. This was not the type of loss I expected. For some reason I am pretty optimistic though overall. We are "that" close to getting back to championship football. The talent is without question. We just need to figure out the riddle of why a team as good as we are cannot close the deal late in the game.

But I have faith we WILL figure out that riddle and WHEN we do...Look out.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
^^^^

The manner in which we lost was a shock to a lot of us. I felt all this week the Team was going to make a statement; especially the defense. Damn! Even the punt return teams sucked late in the game. I'm still shaking my head.

But have I given up? Nope. If we win next week, we'll be in the same place we were last year.

Tell'm Yogi...it ain't over til its over! :les:

Threedee

Reaction score
We need to be out of the playoff hunt before we can enter panic mode. NFC North and East won't be providing any wild cards, so we need to make sure it's us and the Falcons/Panthers by winning division games so we at least take 2nd in the division. If Palmer and Foles can't last the whole season again, we could still limp away with the division. Also, if we sweep the remaining division games, with only the Rams loss, we can still get it done, regardless.

Threedee

Reaction score
Also, if you take the Wilson approach to life/football, that bizarre Vikings loss to the Niners just might be divine providence, since it likely killed their postseason aspirations, when all is said and done.

Blaze

Reaction score
When the Going gets Tough the Tough get Going, it's no different than last year. This team has the experience of backing itself into a corner and then getting it figured out, and I believe that's what happens this time, I think that this Bengals loss is a blessing in disguise, you know that the whole team is looking at one another and saying WTF. I think we still win the West, I think the only people that should be panicking is the rest of "The League"!! I definitely wouldn't wanna be The Panthers coming in here next week. I still believe we'll be pleasantly surprised by the bye week. :th2thumbs: