#2 seed in the NFC tonight

12thbrah

Reaction score
We need that #1 seed. Regardless of where we play, the Cowboys will be a tough matchup for us in the playoffs. I think we got a preview last night of how we might struggle against a team with a good O-line, RB and mobile QB. Makes me pretty worried frankly.

ivotuk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":12096ivg said:
Few teams will run Seattle as close as that Bills team tonight.

They deserve some credit. As do the Seahawks for still winning the game.

This.

Rex Ryan is a good defensive coach, and he's a player's coach who's team was playing lights-out for him last night.

He has the best pass rusher in the NFL, his defense isn't top 10, but it's nothing to sneeze at either.

And that run game! LeSean McCoy has always been one of the elite running backs in the NFL, and still is. Nobody can stop and start on a dime like he can. Wow that guy is amazing.

Tyrod Taylor is steadily improving, and is going to keep Buffalo competitive for years.

This was a tough game, but one thing the Seahawks have is GRIT.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":ew5j7j0i said:
I think that speaks to how bad the NFC is. Who would have thought that the Packers, Panthers and Cardinals would all be .500 or under going into week 10.
Are you under the impression they've only lost to AFC teams or something? There are only five teams in the AFC with a winning record right now so maybe pump your brakes a bit on that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3sd9582x said:
Seahawk_Dan":3sd9582x said:
renofox":3sd9582x said:
Seahawk_Dan":3sd9582x said:
NFL.com is saying that the Falcons have the #2 Seed.

???

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2016-REG&split=Overall

1 seed .875 Cowboys
2 seed .688 Seahawks
3 seed .667 Falcons

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

That's how they listed it here.

That is correct. Falcons are 6-3, which is a better record than 5-2-1. Seahawks are currently third seed behind them and Dallas.

Not really, at the end of the year, it's the w/l percentage that matters and we are ahead of the Falcons. They have one more win, but one more loss as well. This position is kind of a toss up at the moment but we control our destiny and they do not, so it goes to us for now. Week 11 is the Falcons' bye week. We get the Eagles at home that week. This week the Falcons get the Eagles on the road. I'd say there's a fairly equatable shot at the outcomes being the same this week and that would bring us to the Eagles game. We win that one at home and we'll have the same wins and fewer losses than the Falcons.

Of course there's still a lot of football left to play, we are still in play for the number 1 seed, but we could fall as far as the number 4 seed fairly easily. It is possible to lose our division, but that outcome doesn't seem to be as likely as us winning the division at this point in time.

So, basically the short version of this long winded answer is we control our destiny right now as far as the bye in the playoffs is concerned. IMO, that means we are in 2nd. Wins can't really be the determining factor on teams with a different set of games played.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The NFL isn't wrong. Atlanta has won 1 more game than us. Total wins trumps all other metrics.

Polaris

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1plhl6fa said:
The NFL isn't wrong. Atlanta has won 1 more game than us. Total wins trumps all other metrics.

Nope. Look it up. Standings are determined by win percentage not total wins.

kidhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1k48egke said:

You can't go by wins when they haven't played the same number of games. The team that should be considered in 2nd is the team that would be in 2nd if both teams should win out and that is Seattle.

potatohead

Reaction score
Seattle has 11 points out of 16 possible - .688
Atlanta has 12 points out of 18 possible - .667

Seattle ahead

Hawks46

Reaction score
kidhawk":4aybp8ea said:
fenderbender123":4aybp8ea said:

You can't go by wins when they haven't played the same number of games. The team that should be considered in 2nd is the team that would be in 2nd if both teams should win out and that is Seattle.

I thought it was based off of wins as well, but this makes sense to me. Thanks.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
AgentDib":2wm83zzu said:
Hawk-Lock":2wm83zzu said:
I think that speaks to how bad the NFC is. Who would have thought that the Packers, Panthers and Cardinals would all be .500 or under going into week 10.
Are you under the impression they've only lost to AFC teams or something? There are only five teams in the AFC with a winning record right now so maybe pump your brakes a bit on that.

What? All I'm saying is that the NFC isn't as good as we thought it would be. The Packers look average. The Panthers have looked terrible. And the Cards don't look like the same team as last year. How is that hard to comprehend? I could care less about if they've beaten or lost to AFC teams. Those three teams haven't been good this year, it's that simple.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RCATES":4dffob22 said:
fenderbender123":4dffob22 said:

Incorrect its based off winning percentage. Not total wins.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace
http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

Pretty embarrassing for NFL.com to have this wrong for this long.

They've finally fixed it. Seattle is 2nd.

Why they can't just program their data retrieval to automatically sort the teams by win percentage is beyond me.

RCATES

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ivmralhy said:
RCATES":ivmralhy said:
fenderbender123":ivmralhy said:

Incorrect its based off winning percentage. Not total wins.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace
http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

Pretty embarrassing for NFL.com to have this wrong for this long.

They've finally fixed it. Seattle is 2nd.

Why they can't just program their data retrieval to automatically sort the teams by win percentage is beyond me.

Still showing #3 for me.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":b74eno0a said:
What? All I'm saying is that the NFC isn't as good as we thought it would be. The Packers look average. The Panthers have looked terrible. And the Cards don't look like the same team as last year. How is that hard to comprehend? I could care less about if they've beaten or lost to AFC teams. Those three teams haven't been good this year, it's that simple.

Perhaps this speaks more to parity in the NFC rather than overall conference weakness. Compare to the AFC with a couple of teams that simply dominate an otherwise underdog conference.

chet380

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":v40kumdk said:
Few teams will run Seattle as close as that Bills team tonight.

They deserve some credit. As do the Seahawks for still winning the game.
Not every team has a Shady McCoy -- awesome when healthy