#2 seed

Crizilla

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jklxucq said:
We don't deserve a bye this year, but obviously I'm hoping for one anyway.

Don't be a butt hurt boo boo face. That's like saying the Sounders didn't deserve the Cup because Toronto got more shots on goal

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
jammerhawk":534bz6aa said:
Hawk-Lock":534bz6aa said:
The #2 seed has kind of been a foregone conclusion for a few weeks now IMO.

Maybe to you, but not to everyone. At present the Hawks have the 3rd best record and only have the #2 seed bye b/c they have a weak division. It's no foregone conclusion the team will win the bye.

This may change if Detroit, NY Giants and Atlanta all lose another game, or if the Hawks lose to AZ or the Digits.

Does a weak division mean we have had an easy schedule?

mikeak

Reaction score
Crizilla":ns8zlm8v said:
RolandDeschain":ns8zlm8v said:

Don't be a butt hurt boo boo face. That's like saying the Sounders didn't deserve the Cup because Toronto HAD shots on goal

FIFY

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1nkkotqb said:
Hawk-Lock":1nkkotqb said:
The #2 seed has kind of been a foregone conclusion for a few weeks now IMO.

Maybe to you, but not to everyone. At present the Hawks have the 3rd best record and only have the #2 seed bye b/c they have a weak division. It's no foregone conclusion the team will win the bye.

This may change if Detroit, NY Giants and Atlanta all lose another game, or if the Hawks lose to AZ or the Digits.

It looks closer than it is. Based on schedules and tie breakers the #2 seed should be ours.

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
Slick":1x0w0doi said:
Agreed. Giants are on a hot streak now but Eli Manning.

eli-manning.jpg

lol that picture never gets old.

djb28

Reaction score
Falcons will Eat Carolina alive. So forget that scenario.

andyh64000

Reaction score
The Divisional round is going to be NYG at Dal and GB at SEA.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maulbert":1fbt1l85 said:
RolandDeschain":1fbt1l85 said:

When I hear 'we don't deserve' it just irks me. Who does? Detroit? Atlanta? I felt the same way when people said 'we don't deserve to be in the playoffs' in 2010. We did what we needed to do. Screw anyone who thinks otherwise.
Completely different mindset/reasoning. Not once in the 2010 season did I feel embarrassed for the Seahawks. We were an ok team on the rise. Our performance in Green Bay is the first time I felt actual embarrassment by a Seahawks performance in the Pete Carroll era.

Seahawk Sailor":1fbt1l85 said:
Currently no other team "deserves" the #2 NFC slot more than we do. Based on record and all.
See above.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Thats why unless we lose you won't see that Giant fan over here saying "Be afraid"..

hawks85

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2tkge5td said:
hawks85":2tkge5td said:
i dont understand how we are the number 2 seed at 9-4-1 and the giants are 10-4

Because the Giants are currently the best non-division-winner team, which means they hold the #5 spot--the best wild card team. They cannot be seeded any higher than #5 unless they win their division.
Oh ok so basically the 1 and 2 seed can't be in the same division. I did not know that. Now it makes sense

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
hawks85":1g4hugz3 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1g4hugz3 said:
hawks85":1g4hugz3 said:
i dont understand how we are the number 2 seed at 9-4-1 and the giants are 10-4

Because the Giants are currently the best non-division-winner team, which means they hold the #5 spot--the best wild card team. They cannot be seeded any higher than #5 unless they win their division.
Oh ok so basically the 1 and 2 seed can't be in the same division. I did not know that. Now it makes sense

Division winners are seeds #1-#4, ranked from best to worst record. After the division winners, the next two non-division winners with the best records fall in at #5 and #6. In 2010, we were division winners at 7-9, and the Saints at 11-5 were second in their division. This is why we hosted the Saints in the famous Beastquake game, even though they had the better record.