2014 Seattle Mariners

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Big bully, overspending Mariners beating up on those poor Yankees...

Come on, for a night it was fun. 15 hits amidst the calls of "sellout" from Yankee fans of all folks.

Nice games by Young, Zunino, Smoak and Ackely.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3nzsd089 said:
Big bully, overspending Mariners beating up on those poor Yankees...

Come on, for a night it was fun. 15 hits amidst the calls of "sellout" from Yankee fans of all folks.

Nice games by Young, Zunino, Smoak and Ackely.
ANYTIME you beat the yanks it's good! Zunino is going to be the real deal with the bat.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Zunino is developing quite nicely! And he calls a pretty good game behind the plate

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, Zunino has been one of the few players so far this year that have impressed me. Cory Hart is another person that is starting to get on my good side.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3mtk6tv6 said:
Yeah, Zunino has been one of the few players so far this year that have impressed me. Cory Hart is another person that is starting to get on my good side.

I'd add Chris Young to the pitching side of that. I feel far more confident in him giving us a chance to win a game than Ramirez and to a lesser extent Elias.

Mauer has shown some ability as a starter. Mix in Iwa, Walker and Paxton and the pitching side of things may round out quite nicely by mid-late May

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
ZUNINO! 4 for 4 baby!

SO nice to have production at the plate from a catcher! After watching years of Olivo I didn't think it was possible.

Subzero717

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2ztds39g said:
m0ng0":2ztds39g said:
Has anyone noticed what the Harrangotang has been doing with the Braves?

What in the hell does that have to do with the Mariners?

Like every one else when they leave they flourish. Mostly they leave.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Justin Smoak has a .317 BABIP. He's not "almost hitting .283." He's probably been luckier than good to get to where he is in the first place.

However, if people want to say that a guy running a 26.8% K-rate is only crapped on by fans because of three hits, I guess they should go for it. It isn't true, but it's an easy strawman to put forth.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3obw6uqg said:
Justin Smoak has a .317 BABIP. He's not "almost hitting .283." He's probably been luckier than good to get to where he is in the first place.

However, if people want to say that a guy running a 26.8% K-rate is only crapped on by fans because of three hits, I guess they should go for it. It isn't true, but it's an easy strawman to put forth.
Yep, I'm not into a lot of the newer ststs but batting average is a very misleading and outdated metric that doesn't tell the whole story. I like OPS much better .

mbtitleist

Reaction score
JZ#1":12yktn24 said:
Just bought my tickets to see Felix pitch @ Yankees on Thursday. Whoot!

It's too bad that the game was rained out so you don't get to see Felix. Hopefully they'll keep the lead that they have right now so you can at least see a victory.

Msfann

Reaction score
Great to get some wins vs the yankees and their hypocrite fans in NY.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3633zv2t said:
Mariners trying to suck me back in. I'm not buying it, but LOL Yankees. Ell. Oh. Ell.

World Series homeboy

OK... .500 homeboy

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3p4r0xlv said:
m0ng0":3p4r0xlv said:
I like what I am seeing from Elias !

Exactly. And he stands to be our fifth starter if things go right (they probably won't, but still)!

Iwa, Walker, Paxton returning in that order this month no?

The rotation could round out to be one of the best in the majors by mid summer. (ignore the hitting, ignore the hitting)

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
Damn it! No! No! No! I won't get fooled again!

However..., most of the competition this month are against teams that are a game or two on either side of .500. Not any real nasty stretches. Hopefully they keep the momentum this weekend.

Next week in Oakland will be huge.