2014 Seattle Mariners

amill87

Reaction score
Anyone else becoming seriously worried about Rodney?

Also what was up with Andrus not even moving after Smoak made that catch? He didn't even try to get back to the bag

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
amill87":2lbo96qy said:

Also what was up with Andrus not even moving after Smoak made that catch? He didn't even try to get back to the bag

He was toast. There was no chance of him making it back.

m0ng0

Reaction score
never trust a flat bill, especially if its on his head crooked. :D Dude has some serious control issues, which has been his downfall in the past. Hopefully he gets this worked out. And hopefully Stephen Pryor is coming back soon!

amill87

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":a3fh4sdu said:
amill87":a3fh4sdu said:

He was toast. There was no chance of him making it back.

It just looked awkward. He didn't even lean back towards first. He just stood there and gave up. Smoak could've tripped getting up or whatever. I love that it happened it just looked weird.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Anyone else maybe a teeny bit worried about Felix?.....two poor (for him) performances in a row.
This thread is falling down the forum so maybe a better question is "does anyone even care anymore about the Ms in LATE APRIL?

Msfann

Reaction score
This team will not get better until they get rid of some of these scrubs that have got WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much rope over the years.

You can't have a guy have one hot streak a year then bat below .150 for the rest of the year but that's exactly how the Mariners work. Why does it feel like EVERY prospect we have has to struggle for years at a time then still doesn't come close to being decent? Can't we have one come up and even be average? Most of Seattle's lineup wouldn't even make it as bench players on other teams.

While I'm at it, stfu Mike Blowers, you sound like a used car salesman with the nonstop praise you give these scrubs while they are blowing chunks.

As for Felix, my guess is he is getting a little frustrated at having to pitch a complete game shutout to have a chance at winning. He probably thought this would be the year he would get some help and is now getting disappointed to see that nothing has changed.

Cano explained the differences between Seattle and New York to Newsday’s Anthony Rieber. “Here it’s more relaxed. It’s not as intense as New York,” Cano said. “In New York, when the game is over, everyone is looking at what’s wrong. Here we don’t have that."

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Msfann":1lmev23h said:
This team will not get better until they get rid of some of these scrubs that have got WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much rope over the years.

You can't have a guy have one hot streak a year then bat below .150 for the rest of the year but that's exactly how the Mariners work. Why does it feel like EVERY prospect we have has to struggle for years at a time then still doesn't come close to being decent? Can't we have one come up and even be average? Most of Seattle's lineup wouldn't even make it as bench players on other teams.

While I'm at it, stfu Mike Blowers, you sound like a used car salesman with the nonstop praise you give these scrubs while they are blowing chunks.

As for Felix, my guess is he is getting a little frustrated at having to pitch a complete game shutout to have a chance at winning. He probably thought this would be the year he would get some help and is now getting disappointed to see that nothing has changed.

Cano explained the differences between Seattle and New York to Newsday’s Anthony Rieber. “Here it’s more relaxed. It’s not as intense as New York,” Cano said. “In New York, when the game is over, everyone is looking at what’s wrong. Here we don’t have that."

Well Cano is right. Not a single player on the M's has improved from game to game. Since the 1st series, everyone has been terrible.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I saw last night's game in person. Felix didn't have any of his normal control, but then again, the Ms also got one run out of an inning where they had the bases loaded and no outs and the bullpen is terrible and would have likely lost the game anyway.

I just don't have the heart to watch this team. It's awful. Smoak and Ackley need to be gone yesterday. So does Saunders. This team has three hitters now that Seager seems to have awoken: Seager, Cano, and Hart. That's it. The rest of this team is unwatchable garbage.

I'm not saying that I'm done supporting them, but I am STILL 0-for-forever attending Safeco, and every time I go, it's just a bunch of guys hacking away and failing to make even cursory contract in between the occasional bomb. It's just disheartening. I'll come back next year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Felix's only problem is he gets into ruts when he falls in love with his fastball and throws it too much. Most teams that beat him "sit on the fastball" when he is one of those ruts. When he is dominating he is throwing any pitch on any count for strikes and mixing it up.

As for going to Safeco I won't buy a ticket until Howard Lincoln is fired/retired. I'd go if I'd have to have gotten great seats for free and if Felix, Kuma, Paxton, or Walker were pitching. I'm not going to pay my money to watch Bloomquist, Saunders, or Smoke etc, attempt to hit, sorry!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So much whiny negativity in this thread...its not even May ffs

Anyways that was cool.

Crappy Smoak and crappy Ackely setting the table for Seager. Rodney with an easy 9th.

Good win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yes a good win. .....but you are putting too much stock in one game though (see
small sample size). Sorry, I know you are not going to want to read this, but the Mariners org has EARNED any negativity that is thrown their way over the last decade with the teams they have fielded in that time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1c0tim0t said:
Yes a good win. .....but you are putting too much stock in one game though (see
small sample size). Sorry, I know you are not going to want to read this, but the Mariners org has EARNED any negativity that is thrown their way over the last decade with the teams they have fielded in that time.

So you're mad because the 2004 team was bad? I mean I get but the frustrations a little misplaced. Check June 1 and then we will know what this team is about

Can we give this current group a chance? I mean if I'm putting way too much into one game (which I'm definitely not) aren't you putting too much into the first 25?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seager!!!I knew he would start hitting..He has a higher slugging% than Cano..If we could get a couple more guys hitting ..Get our real pitchers back(Screw Maurer)Lets see where we are at by June..

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Uncle Si":1rxfa8ri said:

Anyways that was cool.

Crappy Smoak and crappy Ackley setting the table for Seager. Rodney with an easy 9th.

Good win.

Oh, stop it. You said you were out for awhile earlier in this thread.

Anyway, crappy Smoak and crappy Ackley are still crappy unless you love small sample sizes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3bk9ae2g said:
Uncle Si":3bk9ae2g said:

Anyways that was cool.

Crappy Smoak and crappy Ackley setting the table for Seager. Rodney with an easy 9th.

Good win.

Oh, stop it. You said you were out for awhile earlier in this thread.

Anyway, crappy Smoak and crappy Ackley are still crappy unless you love small sample sizes.

I can't appreciate a nice win?

Beats the pillow biting post after post on here.

By the way...25 games is still a small sample size.

Latest posts