2014 Seattle Mariners

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3ncj9jdv said:
What would the Padres take for Seth Smith? I'm now on the "trade for Seth Smith" bandwagon.
:13:

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3m8c2g3i said:
What would the Padres take for Seth Smith? I'm now on the "trade for Seth Smith" bandwagon.

I have wanted him for the Mariners for 5 years.

Lithium

Reaction score
yeah Seth Smith would be nice, maybe we can trade one of our bullpen guys and a prospect for a bat.

Lithium

Reaction score
for a second the there I thought I saw the M's give felix some run support....wait a sec....what?!

Hawker

Reaction score
That had to be the best Mariners home game to watch in its entirety, for quite some time. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Quieting those damn Boston fans is such a thing of beauty.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1s3dcjj1 said:
Taijuan Walker pitched a CGSO tonight in Tacoma with 8Ks, 1BB, and 75 strikes to 34 balls in 109 total pitches.

More of that, please. Let's see some consistency and string another two or three dominant starts together.

I loved seeing that stat line when I checked the box score a bit ago. After his struggles this is a welcome change.

Lithium

Reaction score
Oh, so we dont need another bat.......we just needed to use the ones we got. bout time

CPHawk

Reaction score
So how long until we trade DJ Peterson? He's tearing up the minors, last month he hit 392 and he already has 18 hr this year. That screams a trade so we can "enjoy" watching him be a dominate hitter some place else.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
CPHawk":85dvb1fi said:
So how long until we trade DJ Peterson? He's tearing up the minors, last month he hit 392 and he already has 18 hr this year. That screams a trade so we can "enjoy" watching him be a dominate hitter some place else.

I totally get your cynicism, but I think DJ Peterson is our future at first base. I think it's more likely that we trade Ji-Mian Choi if we trade a corner infielder.

Then again, I still don't trust Jack Z, so you could be right maybe but I hope not and believe not.

Lithium

Reaction score
CPHawk":zj529gxk said:

He's doing that in Rookie league, hasnt even played in AA yet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":29o6bd4v said:
CPHawk":29o6bd4v said:

I totally get your cynicism, but I think DJ Peterson is our future at first base. I think it's more likely that we trade Ji-Mian Choi if we trade a corner infielder.

Then again, I still don't trust Jack Z, so you could be right maybe but I hope not and believe not.

I guess I dont. We traded Adam Jones (for a #1 starter. i hated the trade, but still..)

Outside of that, what prospect have we traded that then went on to tear up the big leagues?

Just checking up on the team stats

We hold one of the AL wildcard spots. We are tied for 7th in runs scored in the AL (at 321) and 2nd in RSA (at 269). We are the only AL team outside of the A's to have not given up 300 runs yet. We are 2nd in the AL in runs differential (at +52) to Oakland (f---ing +126)

Brad Miller's June makes is back to All Star level. Cano keeps hitting. Seager has been great. Jones has been a fantastic surprise. And we dont have to sit through Smoak's AB's at the moment.

We are a decent baseball team. (at the moment. we are still the Mariners and things can go South fairly quickly)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ghh5k8e said:
Smelly McUgly":1ghh5k8e said:
CPHawk":1ghh5k8e said:

I guess I dont. We traded Adam Jones (for a #1 starter. i hated the trade, but still..)

Outside of that, what prospect have we traded that then went on to tear up the big leagues?

Shin Soo Choo comes to mind. I'm pretty sure we traded Asdrubal Cabrera too.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
A little different in my opinion. Shin wasnt a highly touted prospect. hell he batted under .100 in two years with the M's (off and on). Cabrera barely made any noise with Seattle and I dont think he made the Indians roster his first year with them.

Point being, Jones was a high caliber talent. the others developed. Sure we missed on them, but many teams miss on many players. Neither support the narrative the M's are quick to sell their highly rated prospects. I mean we still have Ackley, Smoak, Montero, Seager, Walker, etc. We still have Hernandez for that matter.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Uncle Si":9zkjizxe said:
A little different in my opinion. Shin wasnt a highly touted prospect. hell he batted under .100 in two years with the M's (off and on). Cabrera barely made any noise with Seattle and I dont think he made the Indians roster his first year with them.

Point being, Jones was a high caliber talent. the others developed. Sure we missed on them, but many teams miss on many players. Neither support the narrative the M's are quick to sell their highly rated prospects. I mean we still have Ackley, Smoak, Montero, Seager, Walker, etc. We still have Hernandez for that matter.

I think I generally agree with you. Just pointing out those examples for conversation's sake.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":i39wmhvn said:
I hope this outburst by LoMo is a final nail in the coffin for Justin Smoak. I hate that guy.
:13:
Smoak has been given far too long to succeed and still hasn't. Admit your mistake and move on Jack.