2014 Seattle Mariners

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tical21":hgk0qoat said:
I think more than anything, Jack has been really unlucky. He acquired some of the biggest prospects you could get. How can we expect him to produce and take this thing from the ground up when he gets absolutely zero for Smoak, Montero, Ackley and Hultzen. A couple super high prospects and a couple #2 overall picks. If even ONE of those guys panned out, our offense would be exponentially better.
I don't know about "exponentially", but your point is valid as it certainly would make a positive difference on the offense. The other side of the argument though is that he's not unlucky but rather can't spot the right talent. Yeah I know, these guys were rated highly by "everyone" and that supports your argument. Still I have questions about his long range forecasting ability.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
You know Jack Z reminds me of shaggy in trouble with the curve. He sees this can't miss number one guy. And isn't looking at what he can't do and where to find. Those kids like the hawks do. And that is this mariners problem they have a bunch of kids that can't hit mean while. How is trout doing and many of the young bats that are coming out now. Jack reminds me of that guy that plays his poker game so tight that even when he has the win he is afraid to play it and folds. He isn't a gm he is an average scout.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If the M's offered Kyle Seager as a trade piece...would you be upset? I believe the 3rd baseman of the future is DJ Peterson. He is killing it in the minors and maybe be ready next year. He plays 3B. Seager may be an attractive piece for another club. If you were Jack Z, would you trade Kyle Seager?

Lithium

Reaction score
todays game says it all, you can have the best pitching in the world but you have to score runs to win.

with this current group of "hitters" the M's wont be winning much of anything. Pull the trigger, make a move and take a chance. Why not?

Lithium

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3f0dhnn5 said:
If the M's offered Kyle Seager as a trade piece...would you be upset? I believe the 3rd baseman of the future is DJ Peterson. He is killing it in the minors and maybe be ready next year. He plays 3B. Seager may be an attractive piece for another club. If you were Jack Z, would you trade Kyle Seager?

Kinda makes no sense to trade your best offensive player in order to improve your offense.

The M's can make plenty of deals if they give up some of their prospects but they seem unwilling to do so.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
hawkfan68":23d8wmic said:

Hell yeah I would be upset, move Peterson to 1st since we have absolutely no one there for the future currently.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Also........this M's offense has hit rock bottom now.............way to waste another great start by Felix!

bigcc

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1te0gcuq said:

Is that you Jack Z?

Worst post of the year. Peterson transitions to 1st and is starting early next season at latest, unless some GM offers the trade of the century for Seager. Why on earth would you get rid of him?

Hell let's throw Felix and and Taylor in for giggles.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bigcc":144dag2l said:
hawkfan68":144dag2l said:

Is that you Jack Z?

Worst post of the year. Peterson transitions to 1st and is starting early next season at latest, unless some GM offers the trade of the century for Seager. Why on earth would you get rid of him?

Hell let's throw Felix and and Taylor in for giggles.

Sorry the post didn't measure up to your standards...

Hmmm....the AL West leading Oakland A's just traded their best hitter/player (arguably) for a rent-a-pitcher - http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...trade-boston-red-sox-oakland-athletics-073114

m0ng0

Reaction score
sounds like they are in the running for Alex Rios AND David Price, of those two who would you rather have?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I was upset about the Cespedes trade, and I'm not even an A's fan.

I hope it works out for the A's, though. I want them to win it all this year since the Mariners will be doing jack-all again. Then people can stop using the absurd "If Billy Beane is a genius, how come one of his teams hasn't won the World Series yet?" argument.

m0ng0":1j8uvxfu said:
sounds like they are in the running for Alex Rios AND David Price, of those two who would you rather have?

Ben Zobrist.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Greg Johns ‏@GregJohnsMLB 43s

Confirmed: #Mariners gave up OF Abraham Almonte and RHP Stephen Kohlscheen in exchange for Padres' Chris Denorfia.

Lithium

Reaction score
Consider out hitting problems solved now! lol, what a joke

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Don't worry, I'm sure Jack Z's polishing off a Tai Walker/Nick Franklin/other prospects trade for Giancarlo Stanton right now!

Oops, sorry, I've been drinking.

By the way, about Nick Franklin: It's a shame that the M's yanking him around this year has probably killed quite a bit of leverage they have in trading him and probably retarded his growth. He hit like garbage when he was up here, but all the reports about GMs being very interested in him, and I'm talking Beane and Friedman specifically, tell me that they see really good stuff that they can get out of him unlike our coaches and org.