2014 Seattle Mariners

m0ng0

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ik4gwbb said:
m0ng0":1ik4gwbb said:
Sounds like Austin Jackson is coming to Seattle, for what I do not know

And speaking of Nick Franklin...

If that is the deal, then I dooooooo like this ! I wonder what Jackson's contract situation is

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Hey look, a legit center fielder! Jackson's contract has 1.5 years left, so they have at least one more year of him coming up.

After Zobrist leaves, Franklin will tear it up for TB. Watch.

EDIT: I will give Jack Z credit for this, though. That was a masterful trade by him.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ma3toxg said:
Hey look, a legit center fielder! Jackson's contract has 1.5 years left, so they have at least one more year of him coming up.

EDIT: I will give Jack Z credit for this, though. That was a masterful trade by him.

I agree Franklin was going no where with this team especially since Chris Taylor seems to be doing ok. This makes the other deal even look a bit better now.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
m0ng0":1ofojcoa said:
Smelly McUgly":1ofojcoa said:

I agree Franklin was going no where with this team especially since Chris Taylor seems to be doing ok. This makes the other deal even look a bit better now.

Yeah, the outfield is no longer a dumpster-fire.

Also, Walker didn't get traded, so nobody panic. Friedman just REALLY, REALLY coveted Nick Franklin.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I knew walker getting traded to had be a load of shit. Whoever posted those Walker rumours... well, check your sources...

Lithium

Reaction score
Franklin for Jackson, nice job Jack-Z. At least we did something...

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Largent80":6evsci6s said:
Ive seen Denorfia play when The Dodgers play SD. He is a fairly decent player.

Against left-handed pitching, and that is something that we needed. He also bats .271 away from pitcher friendly Petco. Could be a solid contributor as a platoon/rotational player with Saunders.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":vn5z65sr said:
Largent80":vn5z65sr said:

Against left-handed pitching, and that is something that we needed. He also bats .271 away from pitcher friendly Petco. Could be a solid contributor as a platoon/rotational player with Saunders.

We've definately improved without giving up much.

Hard to say if its enough. But i atleast enjoyed the effort

hawkfan68

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1n5blyro said:
Largent80":1n5blyro said:

Which means he's probably going to hit about .220 in a pitcher-friendly Safeco without any power (One HR all year so far).

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
hawkfan68":7ybtkv3j said:
CurryStopstheRuns":7ybtkv3j said:
Largent80":7ybtkv3j said:

Which means he's probably going to hit about .220 in a pitcher-friendly Safeco without any power (One HR all year so far).

Chill out on the rays of sunshine blowing out your ass. You are going to blind somebody.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3curwzds said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3curwzds said:
Largent80":3curwzds said:

We've definately improved without giving up much.

Hard to say if its enough. But i atleast enjoyed the effort

Also looks like Denorfia is a career .301 hitter against lefties. In comparison, the Mariners are hitting around .240 against lefties this season.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Jackson is hitting .320 against lefties "this" year, career numbers not so good.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Jackson is having a down year so far, but if he bounces back next year, he's a legit 4-5 win player. In other words, he's 3.5-4.5 wins better than Endy Chavez. This is a good-to-massive upgrade (depending on if Jackson is just a 2.5-3 win player or if he returns to his former self) for a guy who was blocked by Robinson Cano, Brad Miller, and Chris Taylor.

This is the best trade Jack Z has done since getting Franklin Gutierrez for JJ Putz.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A nice piece we got in Jackson...I love keeping our pitchers...We aren't out of it just yet..Hopefilly we can go on a Ray roll...GO MARINERS!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":28nui5nb said:
hawkfan68":28nui5nb said:
CurryStopstheRuns":28nui5nb said:
Largent80":28nui5nb said:

Chill out on the rays of sunshine blowing out your ass. You are going to blind somebody.

Strictly from the basis of your posts - How many times do I have to flush before they go away?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ttjn4oi said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2ttjn4oi said:
hawkfan68":2ttjn4oi said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2ttjn4oi said:

Strictly from the basis of your posts - How many times do I have to flush before they go away?

There is no hope. Your rectum is very Northwest winterish.