2015 - 2016 Zags Thread

CPHawk

Reaction score
Cuse was the 10th place team in the ACC, I don't think beating UVA would have been a given. Bennetts squad looks tough. But I was rooting for the zags to get past the orange. I'm not sure how on the last possession they didn't see the guy wide open out by the 3pt line, rather than driving into the lane and getting nothing.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I wasn't able to watch the whole Zag game but they were looking like a sure win at the time I did.The way these upsets are going anyone can get to the title game and not be the best.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The zags seemed to settle for to many 3's (that didn't go in) during the game also, which cost them. The night before UO did the same thing in the first half, then started attacking more in the second half, the zags just didn't attack the rim enough.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1q58x90e said:
Hawkstorian":1q58x90e said:
Rob12":1q58x90e said:
Insane choke job by the Zags.

Sadly, true.
My Dad who watched last night (I couldn't) said the same thing. Also said bad guard play did 'em in.

They all had that deer-in-the-headlights look there at the end and just folded.

I give the Orange credit though. They wanted it more and played suffocating defense.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":28o3o2fb said:
WmHBonney":28o3o2fb said:
I don't know man.....Virginia is tough. The entire ACC is tough. I thought Gonzaga had this with 6 minutes to go and Sabonis was taking over. It was an exciting game to watch and I am glad that the blown call by the ref at the end didn't cost SU the game.
Yeah I'm with you, I don't think Gonzaga beats Virginia. Don't think Syracuse does either.
Shows you what I know.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, and since its WCC news I figured I'd put it here.

University of Portland hires former blazer and NBA HC Terry Porter as the HC. I always liked Porter, and I bet he makes Portland into a competive team in the WCC.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Santa Clara hired Herb Sendek as well. Both are pretty solid hires for their respective programs.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I hope both hires push those programs forward. Gonzaga really needs the WCC to be more than a 3 team conference.

In other news -- Sabonis is headed to the NBA. Zags will be a dramatically different team next year. They have some solid transfers and a great freshman class from all reports -- but nobody can really predict how good they'll be. It woud really help if Karnowski came back but that's a 50-50 proposition at best. My guess is he waits to get healthy and goes pro in Europe.

Latest posts