2015 - 2016 Zags Thread

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Utah game is one it would be really nice if we had Karnowski. I'd say we had a fighting chance then. Really doubt we hang with Utah but I'll be rooting hard from my couch.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I would say Whitehead held himself to 4-24 shooting. Hard to say Zags played great, but good enough. Seton Hall clearly crapped their pants.

Nice to see Silas Melson make an impact. He's one of the guys who really fell short early in the year.

Utah will be a tough matchup, but should be a good game.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":9cuvyydt said:
I would say Whitehead held himself to 4-24 shooting. Hard to say Zags played great, but good enough. Seton Hall clearly crapped their pants.

Nice to see Silas Melson make an impact. He's one of the guys who really fell short early in the year.

Utah will be a tough matchup, but should be a good game.
Eric McClellan is the WCC defensive player of the year for a reason. He shut down Whitehead along with Silas Melson who is a good defender himself and I imagine will end up winning the same award in the future.
If it wasn't for Wiltjer this Zag team would be elite defensively as it is they are pretty good. I saw a stat this morning that 57 of Seton Halls 62 shots were contested. Thats incredible defense. I think the Zags deserve a lot more credit than your giving them.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah Seton Hall played horrible. The altitude affected them a lot more than the Zags. But I also thought the Zags played poorly too. Pretty bad basketball on both sides.

Their next game against Utah should be good. The two teams are almost mirror images of each other. Sabonis vs Poeltl will be must-watch TV. Two foreign players low-post players going at it, and they are probably considered as the two best post players in this years draft.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2hh2mun4 said:
.............Sabonis vs Poeltl will be must-watch TV. Two foreign players low-post players going at it, and they are probably considered as the two best post players in this years draft.
Really looking forward to this match-up.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Zags have a chance. Ignore seedings in these tourney, look to Vegas for guidance. The game is a PK. Basically saying Zags have a 50/50 shot at winning the game. Same goes for Wichita vs Miami. Even though Miami is the #3 seed, Miami is a 2.5 point underdog to Wichita.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Michigan St loses, path to the Elite 8 just got a lot easier for Gonzaga if they can get past Utah.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3j5h7ppe said:
Michigan St loses, path to the Elite 8 just got a lot easier for Gonzaga if they can get past Utah.
Who do you figure they'd match up against in sweet sixteen if that did happen, Cuse?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":pn029hwj said:
Hawk-Lock":pn029hwj said:
Who do you figure they'd match up against in sweet sixteen if that did happen, Cuse?

Definitely Middle Tennessee St. Syracuse's zone would neutralize Sabonis and force Zags to shoot from the outside. While Middle Tennessee St played a great game today against Michigan St, they kind of hit lightning in a bottle.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":ozi447yg said:
hawksfansinceday1":ozi447yg said:
Hawk-Lock":ozi447yg said:

Definitely Middle Tennessee St. Syracuse's zone would neutralize Sabonis and force Zags to shoot from the outside. While Middle Tennessee St played a great game today against Michigan St, they kind of hit lightning in a bottle.
Suspect you're right on both accounts. Think maybe they'd need Wiltjer to go off from deep to win it vs. Cuse. Of course they've got to beat Utah first. No small feat there.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Zags are favored by 2 now, I'm a bit surprised by this.

Crizilla

Reaction score
No reason to think zags cant make a run to the final four now. Outside of Oregon the PAC12 is terrible.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
This team is gelling at the right time, they would have beat damn near any team tonight. They were marginal most of the year but the guards have decided to help Wiljer and Sabonis.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Wow what a game. Very impressed with the zags. One of the best performances from a mark few team ever. This is the best chance gonzaga has of a final 4. Sabonis may be top 5 player in the whole tournament. Wow

CPHawk

Reaction score
Solid win for the zags, your teams is playing real tough right now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic they can beat Syracuse assuming the Orange win tomorrow. Think it'll be a tough, low scoring defensive game. Zags are playing REALLY good D right now. As for the Final 4, they would likely have to beat Virginia to get there. That would be a tough task.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think its time to start giving this Zag team credit for their incredible defense. Their guards have been simply fantastic in both tourney games.
Shutting down two very talented scorers back to back is impressive.

Latest posts