2015 - 2016 Zags Thread

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I hope the Zags keep winning. It makes me giggle when I realize the utter hatred and jealousy this site has for anything east of Seattle. Gonzaga is a good team and has a shot to do something Washington never has. And they have been in the hunt EVERY year, unlike the Huskies. So hit me with your hilarity I'll be your Huckleberry.

I only hope Gonzaga or anybody west of Rockies is still in the tournament to beat Kansas. I love it here when Kansas basketball loses it's almost as good as an orgasm.

Rob12

Reaction score
Go Zags! Niece is a Sophomore there.

Sabonis is a monster. I think he can lead this team to a Final Four.

A lot of momentum for these guys right now... Hope they keep it rolling.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Very impressive showing by the Zags so far. I think this is the team most people expected to see all year. Where were these guys from December through February? Guards have stepped it up big. And it seems like the offense is starting to run through Sabonis rather than Wiltjer. Before Wiltjer was always the first option, that has changed now. I think the offense runs better using Sabonis as the focal point. And Sabonis absolutely dominated his matchup against Poeltl.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seriously -- Gonzaga vs. Syrcause has to be the best battle of two double digit seeds in the sweet 16 ever. That's going to be a battle. Boeheim is one of Few's idols. Zags will be ready, it will be a battle of execution.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":t2sc4v8e said:
I feel more confident going into this match than the previous two.
Well I see them as nearly, if not completely, equal defensively and better offensively so..........we'll see how our confidence plays out.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2hfrbh6d said:
Zags are favored by 4.5 over the Orange.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people (so called "experts") didn't think Syracuse was even going to make the tourney and when they did lots of people felt they didn't deserve to. I don't think it's a surprise that the Zags are the favorite, Syracuse wasn't that good this year.

Chapow

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2m74e47a said:
I hope the Zags keep winning. It makes me giggle when I realize the utter hatred and jealousy this site has for anything east of Seattle. Gonzaga is a good team and has a shot to do something Washington never has. And they have been in the hunt EVERY year, unlike the Huskies. So hit me with your hilarity I'll be your Huckleberry.

I think the supposed overwhelming hatred and jealousy is WAAAAAAAAYYYYY overblown. I'm a born and bred die hard UW fan and I root for the Zags and most people I know either root for them as well or don't really care. I live in the Seattle area and I don't know of a single person that "hates" the Zags. There is a lot of support for Gonzaga on the wet side.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3cqk70dr said:
Lets Go Orange!

Born and raised in NW New York, apparently. A Seahawk fan in Buffalo land? Would be curious to hear that story.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
At work so not watching but following on my phone. 10 turnovers in the first half. Not good. That's how a ten point lead becomes one. Four or less TOs in the second half and they win by 8-10.
C'mon Zags, you can do it!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1ar0r396 said:
WmHBonney":1ar0r396 said:
Lets Go Orange!

Born and raised in NW New York, apparently. A Seahawk fan in Buffalo land? Would be curious to hear that story.

Not NW New York. Born and raised in CNY (central NY). I live about 40 minutes from Syracuse. The area is very rural and the geographical center of NY state is about a mile from my house. Anyway....I followed a girlfriend (stupid me) to Lincoln City,OR in the fall of '85 and have been a Seahawks fan ever since....even though I only stayed there for about 6 months. It is not looking good for the Orange as I type this.....six minutes left in game.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Woohooo! And boo to the idiot ref that said Cooney was out. He was clearly in and the ref didn't man up on the replay.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Zags out shot and out rebounded the 'Cuse and still lost. Gonzaga had 17 turnovers to Syracuse's 9.

Better year than I expected from the Zags but disappointed in a loss tonight when they had a 10 point lead in the first half and a 7 point lead later in the second.

Go Ducks!

Crizilla

Reaction score
can't believe it. This tourney has been full of teams not being able to close it out. Just can't believe it. Would have beaten Virginia. This was the year the zags were suppose to go to the final four. Probably wouldnt have beaten UNC or Kansas but still.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't know man.....Virginia is tough. The entire ACC is tough. I thought Gonzaga had this with 6 minutes to go and Sabonis was taking over. It was an exciting game to watch and I am glad that the blown call by the ref at the end didn't cost SU the game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3e8j75vs said:
I don't know man.....Virginia is tough. The entire ACC is tough. I thought Gonzaga had this with 6 minutes to go and Sabonis was taking over. It was an exciting game to watch and I am glad that the blown call by the ref at the end didn't cost SU the game.
Yeah I'm with you, I don't think Gonzaga beats Virginia. Don't think Syracuse does either.

Latest posts