2016 MLB Postseason thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
mistaowen":3hhml7n1 said:
Very surprised the Sox got swept. Indians are a good team but sorta figured Boston would take this series in 4-5 games. That's what great pitching in October can do for you though.

Blue Jays look good, at this point I'm seeing them play the Cubs in the WS.

Indians were the more complete team. I think people automatically wrote off the Indians, because of the Salazar and Carrasco injuries. Indians are great defensively, probably have the best bullpen, and have a great manager. Hard to say if they can get by with mediocre starting pitching after Kluber, but the pen does make up for their weak starting pitching. The ALCS should be good that's all I know. Boston definitely had flaws, particularly their starting pitching. Price has always been awful in the postseason, and no one is scared of the guys behind him in that rotation.

Hawker

Reaction score
Cubs look good! One of the best 9th inning comebacks I've ever seen (in post-season play).

Maulbert

Reaction score
Anyone else rooting for the Dodgers to knock out the Nationals? I'm rooting for a Cleveland-Chicago series, but I want Washington out. I don't hate the Nationals, but the thought of the Mariners being the only team in the MLB to never even appear in a World Series is vomit inducing. :pukeface:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't really like either of these teams. I got small chunk of money on the Nats so I'm rooting for them. Both of these teams are chokers in the postseason. I'm waiting for a big choke job late in the game. So far Sherzer has looked great, did a good job of getting out of that bases loaded jam.

I feel like the Cubs can beat either of these teams. The Cubs are just too good.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Go Cubs!Time to end over 100 years of zero championships.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I think it's funny that the second longest Major League streak without winning a World Series, which is currently held by Cleveland, is still 3 years shorter than the Cubs streak without a Pennant. Indians last WS Title: 1948. Cubs last NL Championship: 1945. To say nothing of a 108 year World Series drought.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It is funny but the M's are not too far back of 2nd or 3rd,40 years this season passed I believe..

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Kershaw straight dealt tonight. Incredible outing. Adrian Gonzalez' homer all that they needed. This looks to be a very interesting series.

Toronto needs to grab a win Monday to give themselves a realistic shot.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Rich Hill brought it tonight. I wonder how much the Cubs are panicking. Got to love these teams that blow their load in the regular season and then come up short in the postseason. Big game for the rookie tomorrow, this should be a good series. I think Toronto can take another game, but they aren't winning four in a row.

Hawker

Reaction score
Don't follow the NL much during the regular season but after tuning in for most of the post-season thus far, how can we get Seager from the Dodgers? :mrgreen:

I feel in the minority, rooting for LA over Chicago.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":288bqin5 said:
Rich Hill brought it tonight. I wonder how much the Cubs are panicking. Got to love these teams that blow their load in the regular season and then come up short in the postseason. Big game for the rookie tomorrow, this should be a good series. I think Toronto can take another game, but they aren't winning four in a row.
The odds are not good if you look at past results but based on the coming pitching match-ups and the Jays bats wake-up long overdue, I would give it 50-50 odds that Toronto moves on in 7 games.

Largent80

Reaction score
Cubs had better win tonight or I feel they are done.

Go Dodgers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Largent80

Reaction score
Holy crap....A-Gon was safe at home, video showed him safe and after replay the umps still got it wrong.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Largent80":x242po9r said:
Holy crap....A-Gon was safe at home, video showed him safe and after replay the umps still got it wrong.
Yep made me so mad! Why even have replay if they still can't get the call right? Turned the whole tide of the game

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
It's good to see the Indians back in the Series. They lost such a heartbreaking game 7 in extra innings in '97 to the Marlins. Maybe they'll finally break their club's 68 year drought.

Cubs are back in it and a pivotal game 5 tomorrow-especially for the Dodgers. Kershaw reported to start game 6 in Chicago.

Latest posts