2016 MLB Postseason thread

Hawker

Reaction score
Cubs/Dodgers is easily the best series of the postseason thus far. Hope the Dodgers take game 6 to force a game 7.

Anyone still remember the '95 ALCS? Indians ripped my 12 year old heart out. Go Cubs/Dodgers!!!

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawker":2ukvlj9c said:
Cubs/Dodgers is easily the best series of the postseason thus far. Hope the Dodgers take game 6 to force a game 7.

Anyone still remember the '95 ALCS? Indians ripped my 12 year old heart out. Go Cubs/Dodgers!!!

I have much more anger for the Yankees knocking us out in 2000 and 2001. They've won their share. At least Cleveland has suffered. 68 years is a long time.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":7by6n6wt said:
That basically seals it for the Cubs. Dodgers simply don't have the pitching.

The Dodgers' bullpen struggled badly in game 5 and may indeed be the difference maker in this series. But with Kershaw going game 6 and Rich Hill game 7 if they get there, the Dodgers still have a shot.

Roberts may have Kershaw and Hill go all 9 if they can. They've both combined for 13 scoreless innings against the Cubs this series. Will be a very interesting game 6 at least.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Series isn't over quite yet, but the Dodgers really blew their chance. They'll need Kershaw to save them in game 6. In the end, I think Dave Roberts did the right thing by pushing Kershaw back to game 6, rather than starting him game 5. I just think that is this does go 7, it sets up better for the Cubs as they'll go with Lester. Dodgers weakness all year has been hitting against LHP.

Indians and Cubs World Series would be pretty good.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Very exciting for Chicago and their fans! Sets up for a very promising World Series. A very long drought will end for one of these teams.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2iw58434 said:
Very exciting for Chicago and their fans! Sets up for a very promising World Series. A very long drought will end for one of these teams.
Yep, it should be interesting. Both of those fanbases deserve a WS championship.

Threedee

Reaction score
Down three, zero outs, and bases loaded in the 7th, and the Cubs choke. Don't seem to want Game 1 very much.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Kluber was so dominant tonight. He has absolutely the best 2 seamer since Maddux. Wow.

And with Kluber throwing only 88 pitches, he could come back Game 4 and 7. He and Miller have just been unhittable this postseason.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Cubs have flat out choked in the WS. They have constantly chased bad pitches and can't hit with RISP. It's crazy to think they've been shutout in four postseason games this year.

The Indians remind me a lot of the Royals from last year. Just "okay" starting pitching (minus Kluber), but a lights out bullpen. All they need is their starter to go 5-6 innings, and then they split the last 3-4 innings between Andrew Miller and Cody Allen.

The M's should try to copy this formula. Great defense. Solid starting pitching. And a lights out pen. We already have Diaz, we just need to find another arm or two that can be lights out.

Man it must suck to be a Cubs fan. On the other side, can you imagine what it feels like to be a sports fan in Cleveland right now, assuming the Indians win this whole thing.

On a side note, Francona is a great manger. Can't believe Boston let Epstein and Francona get away from them. That would be like if we let Pete and JS walk, only to watch them make the SB with other teams.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just hoping for a great game 7. Should be a fun one to watch.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":21od8la4 said:
Just hoping for a great game 7. Should be a fun one to watch.
Yeah as soon as I see the Cubs bats heat up it usually is a great sign because they are so streaky on offense.All I can say is it looks good..GO CUBS!!!

Latest posts