2016 vs 2017 oline

ivotuk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2pjq935x said:
There is no question that the 2016 o line sucked. 2017 wasn't much better. Two guys were part of both lines. Britt and Ifedi. It took Britt until his 3rd year and 3rd position change to finally be worth keeping on the roster. Most fans wanted him gone after each of his first 2 years. Maybe Ifedi will pull it together in his 3rd year at RG.

I think that the o line is in better shape heading into 2018. Brown should stabilize the LT spot and be better after time in the system. Joekel (If resigned) should be healthier and ready to go from the start. Pocic will be better. Could Pocic and Ifedi switch positions and make the the line better as a whole? Can Fant come back healthy and play well at RT?

Joekel is the only one not under contract for next year. Heading into the off-season, it looks like, on paper at least, that the o line is in better shape potentially than it was at this time last year. Most will want Ifedi gone but he's under contract so he will be back.

Other than the obvious Cable must go responses, how does everyone feel about the talent level of the o line?

I can't believe that they left Ifedi at Right Tackle and never sat him for his selfish penalties.

Over paid for Joekel, whose injury history may be an indicator of a short career. For the right price, I'd bring him back.

I like Fant at RT, moving to LT in the future.

Germaine "Imfedup" @ RG

Roos LG shins like a good idea.