2017 opponents.....

seahawksny

Reaction score
seahawksny":2wwr0lmt said:
HawkGA":2wwr0lmt said:
Get the top two teams from the NFC East on the road. How convenient.

It's based on where we last played them. I believe it's 2 years home, 2 years road.

Last game vs Dallas was 2015 on road. Game before that I believe was 2012 at home, so 2018 if we play them will be in seattle.

Atlanta for example is a home again, the second in 2 years. 2018 or next time will be road.

There are exception which I don't understand....
Packera thtee straight years on road
Similar to stretch we had in carolina

nash72

Reaction score
Packers, Falcons, Cowboys, and Giants will beat us plus what we lose within the division. I can see another 10 win season next year.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
nash72":2tx84xwg said:
Packers, Falcons, Cowboys, and Giants will beat us plus what we lose within the division. I can see another 10 win season next year.

Quite a bold prediction when we don't truly know what the team will look like. Remember that year PC and JS drafted a 3rd round QB that was too short and would never start? Yeah... that guy. 7-9 season... to 11wins..... I'll wait to see what Pete and JS pull off in the draft to think that far ahead.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me to see that Cowboys game on thanksgiving.

I hated the last time seattle went down there on the holiday. Ruined the whole thanksgiving dinner..

Seanhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":23kp9g7u said:
Seahawkfan80":23kp9g7u said:
That Titan game may be interesting.

Very. That's an up and coming young team.

My brother is a Titan fan and has never been to a game there. I may have to take him to his first. We went to the game in Seattle in 2013.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I also see us going 10-6 next year.

we split the games with the rams and cardinals so that's two losses. then we lose to Falcons, packers, cowboys, and titans (since we cant play east coast team on grass).

Chances are we win one of those games but will most likely also drop a game to a team we should beat. much like this year, beat the pats but lose to the bucs.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
seahawksny":3joqvxo9 said:
Atlanta for example is a home again, the second in 2 years. 2018 or next time will be road.

Just the way it worked out with the rotational schedule... 2016 the NFC West played the NFC South as part of the 3 year rotation.

Every team plays one game against each of the four teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road. Which division a team plays is determined by a rotation system ensuring that the teams in one division will play the teams in every other division in its conference once every three years.

2017 it's NFC West winner hosting the South winner... Atlanta @ Seattle. It's also the West winner traveling to the North winner... Seattle @ Green Bay. The East is part of the 3 year rotation vs the West in 2017.

Every team plays its remaining two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and the other on the road. The matchups are determined by where the teams finished in their divisions in the previous season. For example, a team that finished the previous year in third place in its division will play the third-place teams from the two other divisions in its conference.

The next regular season game vs Atlanta will be in Atlanta in 2019... 3 years after the 2016 West vs South rotation.

I'm totally cool with Atlanta coming to Seattle again next season... looks to be the most difficult game on the Seahawks home slate and I get to attend another game like in 2011 and 2015. :mrgreen: