2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3qqr6aub said:
This Altavilla guy needs to be sent down. Has he ever had a good outing? I mean every outing he struggles and basically allowed the game to get out of hand when he came in.

Your wish is granted. Just read on the ticker he was sent down. Chase De Jong will take his place on the roster

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":7utg8xw2 said:
Blitzer88":7utg8xw2 said:
This Altavilla guy needs to be sent down. Has he ever had a good outing? I mean every outing he struggles and basically allowed the game to get out of hand when he came in.

Your wish is granted. Just read on the ticker he was sent down. Chase De Jong will take his place on the roster

De Yong and his 40.+ era :irishdrinkers: (Realize it was only one outing)

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Crizilla":2hiq2kwg said:
Valencia needs to be sent down, too.

.145 BA and a sub .500 OPS

WOW
Just DFA him. He's a seasoned vet. He doesn't need to take any playing time away from the younger kids in the farm system.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
And dammit, why is it so incredibly hard for this team to find even a serviceable catcher? If it's not Zunino stinking it up, it's his useless backup. The ghost of Wellington Castillo haunts this team. It's hard to believe that the best catcher this team has had in the last decade has been Kenji.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I was in the kitchen (still in view of the tv) when Zunino stepped up for his last at-bat today. I looked away for a second, then looked up again and the count was 0-2.

My kid was watching, so I asked, "How is he at 0-2 already?"

He responded with, "They just start him out there now to save time"

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":34m06ybt said:
I was in the kitchen (still in view of the tv) when Zunino stepped up for his last at-bat today. I looked away for a second, then looked up again and the count was 0-2.

Hilarious!!! I wish Zunino himself would read that, and say to himself "yep I'm hitchhiking to Tacoma"

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3fy9wdy4 said:

Zunino is 0-2 the second he steps in the batters box.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wow, they just DFA'd Martin. He now has 10 days to clear waivers.
Ballsy move. Wish they'd do the same with Valencia and Zunino.

Tical21

Reaction score
Good kid. Bad hitter. Thought he was over his skis at .250 last year

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19vb60ue said:
I love it. Very ballsy, indeed. Hopefully Valencia is next. Until they have an adequate replacement, Zunino will stay. Anyone know what's up with O'Malley? I thought he was only on the 10 day DL. Did he get bumped to the 60 day?

Msfann

Reaction score
Zunino has a career BA of .194 and this is 5th season. He also has 2 RBI all year.

Is his D really that good to make up for it? I sure don't see it. I just see him killing rally after rally every game.

At the very least PINCH HIT FOR HIM IN THE 9TH when down by a run ffs. I can think of at least 2 games this year he's whiffed with the game on the line. There's NO excuse for that.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":4mw0caih said:
Sports Hernia":4mw0caih said:
I love it. Very ballsy, indeed. Hopefully Valencia is next. Until they have an adequate replacement, Zunino will stay. Anyone know what's up with O'Malley? I thought he was only on the 10 day DL. Did he get bumped to the 60 day?

Wow I hadn't seen that yet. Dipoto doesn't screw around-I like that. Definitely a message sent to the whole team-hit your weight or you're gone. Valencia will be next I'm sure. Zunino I believe still is option eligible so he'll probably be sent down again at some point.

Not all Dipoto's moves work (Elias for Miley, Montgomery for Vogelbach among others) but at least he makes moves quickly. Fatass Jack would've hung onto Martin all year.

sutz

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1pbnjmu3 said:
Sports Hernia":1pbnjmu3 said:
Thought O'Malley was sent down? Segura was on the 10DL IIRC. Expected back maybe Tues in Detroit.

O'Malley is another good kid who got beat out by a combination of Motter doing so well and just the basic numbers. With 8 in the pen, we had to give up a bat. :229031_shrug:

sutz

Reaction score
Speaking of Motter....Hair Motter just went yard with the bags packed!

Can they protect a 6-0 lead on the road? Time will tell. :snack:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
sutz":gybx35hg said:
Thepeelsessions":gybx35hg said:
Sports Hernia":gybx35hg said:
Thought O'Malley was sent down? Segura was on the 10DL IIRC. Expected back maybe Tues in Detroit.

O'Malley is another good kid who got beat out by a combination of Motter doing so well and just the basic numbers. With 8 in the pen, we had to give up a bat. :229031_shrug:
O'Malley never got sent down. He had an appendectomy at the very end of ST, so he got placed on the 10 day to open the season. Smyly got placed in the 60 day, I believe. I don't think Freeman would've been called up if O'malley was in Tacoma. It's just weird that there hasn't been even a blip of news about him at all since the opening day roster was released.

My hope is when O'Malley returns, he takes over the utility role and Motter moves to everyday 1B (with Vogelbach being the backup) with Valencia being rightly DFA'd.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Where were these runs and this offense the previous 3 games???

The rook (Haniger) and the rookie-lite (Motter) are still on fire....

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1aeqq3hg said:
sutz":1aeqq3hg said:
Thepeelsessions":1aeqq3hg said:
Sports Hernia":1aeqq3hg said:

O'Malley never got sent down. He had an appendectomy at the very end of ST, so he got placed on the 10 day to open the season. Smyly got placed in the 60 day, I believe. I don't think Freeman would've been called up if O'malley was in Tacoma. It's just weird that there hasn't been even a blip of news about him at all since the opening day roster was released.

My hope is when O'Malley returns, he takes over the utility role and Motter moves to everyday 1B (with Vogelbach being the backup) with Valencia being rightly DFA'd.
Motter should be starting at first everyday as you are getting NO production there right now, and Segura will be back
Tuesday. Valencia and Vogelbach (yes, small sample size I know) have shown me no reason to start ahead of Motter.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Well with the DFA of Martin and return of Segura, We'll be seeing Motter in Left alot, slide Dyson to center and boom goes the dynamite.