2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Wow, the night we get our full offense back Verlander is vintage and looks absolutely unhittable. Dang.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
In other breaking news.. looks like Carlson has signed... a nice get for the M's.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Another disappointing start by Paxton. Really puzzling although his command has just been off lately. He's got to make some adjustments and figure it out.

Excited about Andrew Moore's debut tomorrow though.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
3rd time through the lineup is a charm against Verlander. Still have life tonight. That's the thing about this team that differs from previous ones-they chip away and keep battling.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Damn.. Hanny should have been batting there...

I bet Servais was pulling his hair trying to figure out the lineup..

Gollarado.. to the pen

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Another empty at bat by Cano. The hit by Cruz almost got past Upton, would have scored at least one more run.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
I love bunting for a basehit to break up the perfect game. Verlander didn't look to happy about it. But I mean that's fundamental small ball that your taught since little league. Get on base however you can. Dumb that some people say there's an unwritten rule about bunting when a pitcher is throwing a Nono/perfect game. Never understood it never will. If I was getting no hit I would have every person in my lineup bunt until we got a hit. That bunt rattled him and started a rally. Love it. Need more of it. They play small ball in little league, babe ruth, high school, collage, but stop in the pros.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":32iovflx said:
Another empty at bat by Cano. The hit by Cruz almost got past Upton, would have scored at least one more run.

He heard you...

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":398yhgad said:
I love bunting for a basehit to break up the perfect game. Verlander didn't look to happy about it. But I mean that's fundamental small ball that your taught since little league. Get on base however you can. Dumb that some people say there's an unwritten rule about bunting when a pitcher is throwing a Nono/perfect game. Never understood it never will. If I was getting no hit I would have every person in my lineup bunt until we got a hit. That bunt rattled him and started a rally. Love it. Need more of it. They play small ball in little league, babe ruth, high school, collage, but stop in the pros.
That was a perfect bunt. Not sure why so many people are peeved about it. "Bush league this, bush league that, bush league Dyson, blah blah blah!". Whatever. No ball player, nay, no man, should ever have consideration for an opposing pitchers feelings or accolades. Dyson did what he had to do. Without Dyson breaking up Verlander's perfecto, the M's wouldn't be leading 6-4 in the 7th.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3gp09rae said:
Seahaaaawks":3gp09rae said:
That was a perfect bunt. Not sure why so many people are peeved about it. "Bush league this, bush league that, bush league Dyson, blah blah blah!". Whatever. No ball player, nay, no man, should ever have consideration for an opposing pitchers feelings or accolades. Dyson did what he had to do. Without Dyson breaking up Verlander's perfecto, the M's wouldn't be leading 6-4 in the 7th.

Exactly. Speed can be a difference maker and a game changer in any sport. Dyson played to his own strengths and ignited another stellar comeback. I'm just loving the grit in this team.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":a3i5g3ea said:
Seahaaaawks":a3i5g3ea said:

Yeah, he's not bunting to break up the no hitter, he's bunting cause we need to win this game.. and look what happened. Tiger JV implosion.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2jqkttne said:
Seahaaaawks":2jqkttne said:

Agreed! My coach always used to say "hitting is contagious". Well, looks like it. That started a rally and now the lead. It's funny becaus had Dyson bunted in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th innings it would have been fine. But bunting in the 6th or later with a nono going is bush league? Give me a break. Makes zero sense.
And especially with these shifts teams put on for pull hitters... my guys would bunt in that direction every single at bat and moon walk to first. They would do it every time until they stopped putting the shift on then back to swinging away. It's a free hit and guys refuse to take it. Blows me away.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3j16sids said:
Seahaaaawks":3j16sids said:

I could see if it was the 9th inning and the game was out of reach but this was the 6th inning. That's way too soon to even think about a perfect game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1a0s8bop said:
Thepeelsessions":1a0s8bop said:
Seahaaaawks":1a0s8bop said:

I could see if it was the 9th inning and the game was out of reach but this was the 6th inning. That's way too soon to even think about a perfect game.

Exactly..

Great game, great comeback... Nice to see them battle back.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I think that was our best win of the season. Really impressive win.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Just 1.5 back in the wildcard now. Highly impressive and gutsy win again tonight. Going to be a fun summer!

253hawk

Reaction score
So many butthurt Tigers fans. What, a team is supposed to just roll over so you can have a meaningless stat? Do offenses that are getting shut out in football try to stop scoring so the defense can record a shutout? Get the hell out of here with that 'unwritten rule' crap. Every single game counts.

tenor.gif

Latest posts